PDA

View Full Version : Momcat is getting a new addition on Dec. 9th

moosmom
12-02-2013, 10:51 PM
I've been working since September at Pet Supplies Plus. Love the job! The day of my orientation, a woman came into the store asking if we take in kittens. Unfortunately, we don't. The woman said she had a kitten in her car that would've been a hawk's lunch had she not snatched it up, as a hawk was circling him as he sitting in the middle of her backyard. I went and looked at him. He was no more than 4 weeks old. I took him. I had a carrier in my car (always do along with cat food and water). I left him in my car. My manager said, "okay, where is he?" I brought him into my orientation. While I was busy with that, one of the manager's played with him and fed him. They even donated kitten chow and some canned food. I knew I belonged at this store. It's my dream job!!!

I named him Chewie cuz he chews on everything!!

Anyway, Eileen and I talk at least once a week on the phone. She happened to mention that she was ready for a new family member. I told her she was welcome to adopt him once he's fixed and sent her pictures. It was love at first sight.

Chewie, a grey and white boy at I've bonded with (he sucks on on my shirt all the time. His favorite binkie is a dirty tank top I have yet to wash cuz it has my scent on it, will be going with him) will be neutered on Thursday. We will be making the train ride to NJ on Monday.

I could not ask for a better home.

katladyd
12-03-2013, 12:20 AM
I am so happy for all of you! You did a good thing for both Chewie and Momcat. Way to go!:)

Karen
12-03-2013, 01:41 AM
Awww, great job, Donna and everyone involved! :) That lady must have been given directions to your store by Boots, Moo-man and other Pet Talk Rainbow Bridgers!

Randi
12-03-2013, 04:46 AM
Well done! :) I'm sure that Hawk found a more appropiate meal. So glad momcat will take him, have a safe trip! Hope Chewie's neuter goes well. Isn't it a bit early for that?

Congratulations on the perfect job!

Litterati
12-03-2013, 04:48 AM
Add my RB Nicky to that group of cat-visors. Donna, you're awesome!!! Congrats on the new job!

cassiesmom
12-03-2013, 06:48 AM
Yay, Moosmom and Momcat! This is such wonderful news! I am sure Mooshoo, Maya Linn and Groucho had a paw in this :love: I wonder if Chewie will go to law school?! :D

Catty1
12-03-2013, 09:20 AM
What wonderful news! Chewie, you are going to have a greatest home - a PT home! :love::love::love:

Waiting for pics! :D

phesina
12-03-2013, 01:29 PM
HALLELUJAH!!! Hip-hip-HOORAY!!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

mrspunkysmom
12-03-2013, 09:22 PM
AWESOME MEWS. :love: Hooray for momcat and Chewie!

catmandu
12-04-2013, 09:46 AM
That is great a Kitten for PetMas!!!
Cindy ChristinOfur sends her love.:love::love::love:

momcat
12-04-2013, 12:04 PM
Hi Pet Talk friends,
I'm very sorry for not coming by for so long. Even though I value your friendship and still love all the PT kitties, coming on has been difficult for me since Groucho went to the Bridge. I hope you understand.
Soncat and I are excited beyond words and can't wait for our new family member to get here and completely take over. We wouldn't have it any other way. A few weeks ago I went to PetCo to get all the things he'll need and want. By the way, while at PetCo a staff member told me they give discounts to those who adopt a rescue pet. Soncat and I set up a section of the living room just for him with his bed, a few new toys, a scratching post, and a kitty condo that he can climb and play and look out the window. About the only thing left is to get a digital camera so he can be properly introduced to all of you - that is if I can figure out how to post his pictures.
Moosmom has been sending us pictures of this little cutie and we are in love already. We have decided to name him Amigo because he's going to be our very special friend. As for his transition to his new furever home, Soncat and I will follow his pace while giving him all the love and reassurance we can. We'll do everything to let him know he's loved and safe here.
And the count down to Amigo's arrival continues.....

Cassiesmom, law school is a definite possibility if Amigo wants to go.

Catty1
12-04-2013, 12:48 PM
Hi momcat and Soncat! It's so good to hear from you and of COURSE it's completely understandable that you have been away from PT. :love: Dear Groucho passed so suddenly and he was not only a major family member here, but THE major family member for you two. He loved you - he was unhappy when Soncat was away.

Sounds like little Amigo is going to be perfect for you! I am looking forward to the pictures. I for one would be happy to post them - you'd just need to email them to me.

If you have a Facebook account, it's really easy - but one thing at a time here. ;)

HUGS! :love::love:

momoffuzzyfaces
12-04-2013, 05:34 PM
What wonderful news!!!! I am so happy for all of you. Can't wait for him to get home. Don't forget to take lots of pictures.... hint...hint...hint. ;):love::love::love:

Bengalz
12-04-2013, 08:02 PM
This is awesome news:love::love:. Can't wait for Amigo to get to his forever home - he is one lucky little boy:love::love:! Congratulations Momcat and Soncat - you're going to have the best Christmas and Groucho will be more than impressed:D.

smokey the elder
12-05-2013, 10:23 AM
I think Groucho had a paw in all of this. Thank you for adopting another precious rescue baby.

Catty1
12-05-2013, 07:24 PM
Pic attached. Cute boy!:)57525

cassiesmom
12-06-2013, 01:19 AM
Moosmom and Momcat, he looks l-o-n-g! What a cutie!

momcat
12-06-2013, 09:38 AM
Catty1, Thank you for sharing the picture of Amigo. He sure is a cutie and we're hopelessly in love with him already. I talked to Moosmom last night, his big boy surgery went well and he's doing fine. We're finalizing the arrangements for his arrival on Monday.

phesina
12-06-2013, 12:56 PM
Counting down to the big day.... !!!!!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

katladyd
12-06-2013, 01:46 PM
Amigo is ADORABLE! I can see how you fell completely in love with him.:love: I just know that Groucho had something to do with this.:)

momcat
12-06-2013, 05:58 PM
Amigo is ADORABLE! I can see how you fell completely in love with him.:love: I just know that Groucho had something to do with this.:)

Soncat and I loved Groucho more than words alone can say. Our hearts were shattered when he went to the Bridge and we still miss him terribly. But somehow I knew, when the time was right, he would find a kitty in need and bring him to us. There's no question in my mind that Groucho had a paw in this.
Donna and I were back and forth on the phone today finalizing our plans for Amigo to move in. I'll be meeting up with them at the train station Monday morning then bring them here so Amigo can be welcomed into his new furever home.

maid25cats
12-09-2013, 09:36 PM
aww what a cutie.
He looks so relaxed:love: