PDA

View Full Version : Need PT Help - Emma & Annie need GOOD homes. (Can we help Gini?)

NoahsMommy
12-01-2013, 03:25 PM
Hello everyone,

As you know, we lost Gini last Saturday to that dreadful disease, emphysema. :( :( :( Her brothers are unable to keep Annie and Emma and have asked us to help find them homes - we need to do this for Gini. They MUST stay together as they were originally feral kittens when she took them in. One of them (I'll find out which, and a lot more detailed info on personalities, likes, dislikes and musts.) is super friendly and the perfect indoor pet. The other is feisty and retains a bit of her feral personality…but is apparently a wonderful sweetie too. This is why they must remain together…they are bonded and the kitty that has retained a small amount of her feral instincts would probably not survive (emotionally) without the other.

Please know I'll get more accurate info as I've already invited myself to Gini's house to sit with Annie and Emma to get to know them again. ;) Its been years and I need to reestablish that connection. I'll let everyone know more as I learn it. :) I know they are 13 years old, beautiful orange girls. Mike and Bill have both said Gini's younger niece has been coaxing them out and they've resumed sitting around the house amongst the visitors. Great news!

We have time to find the right home for these girls. Bill - Gini's brother - is allergic, so he cannot keep them, but has said they will remain in Gini's home (taken care of by Bill and Gloria) until we find that perfect place for them. They are overweight so a diet change is in order ASAP. I will gently ask them to change their food to the diet version of whatever they are feeding the girls - slowly of course. ;)

So, I personally am committed to picking up Annie and Emma and starting the first leg of transport if anyone can help with that. Above all, we need a place for these two sweeties. Please, for Gini, reach out to anyone and everyone you can. She loved those girls like crazy and I know she'll be guiding their new forever home search from above.

Please post here or PM me (and Slick) with any/all ideas. Thank you!!

Karen
12-01-2013, 04:29 PM
I already started asking around at church - just in case anyone knew someone in California ... a long shot, but one never knows!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-01-2013, 04:54 PM
Has anyone kept in touch with Edwina's Secretary's mom, Sara? She might know someone. :love:

Karen
12-01-2013, 05:14 PM
I believe she is back in Chicago now.

mrspunkysmom
12-01-2013, 07:44 PM
Before I ask my California friends for help, which part of California? It's a tall state.

Catty1
12-01-2013, 08:46 PM
Gini's obituary says she passed in LA, and the notice was in the Los Angeles Times. Hope that helps.

slick
12-01-2013, 08:58 PM
Yes it would be beneficial if we could find someone in the Los Angeles area to given them both a loving home. Transport is an option although Gini and I never talked about how the kitties are in the car.

From what I know, Annie is the "alpha" kitty and when she tells Emma to get out of the way, Emma scoots. I have to reiterate that they are both very snuggly and I was on the receiving end of that time after time. It seems that they both prefer women so that's something to consider.

If transport is needed I am willing to kick in some cash to make that happen. I was looking for a way to honour her memory and I think that's the way to go - thanks to Kelly for suggesting it. I have no doubt either that Gini will guide us in the right direction.

If it were me, I would love to see them go together but they have two strikes against them, age and keeping them together. As soon as we get some updated pictures of them and if you have a FB account, please share and share and share. It really pains me to see them get uprooted but for the good of the kitties, I think it's wise.

Alysser
12-01-2013, 09:04 PM
I am of very little help, but I really hope they can find a home together, maybe even a nice Pettalk home! I think there are a few pettalkers from Cali (though I do not know the specific area), is this already posted in the Pettalk Group on FB?

Catty1
12-01-2013, 10:11 PM
I am not sure who is who here, but this was on their 8th birthday!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=45151&d=1269751129

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=45152&d=1060573112

Slick, I can't find Gini's profile on FB. If you know the page can you PM it to me? These were the only two pics I could find in Cat General.

shais_mom
12-02-2013, 05:49 AM
I am not sure who is who here, but this was on their 8th birthday!

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=45151&d=1269751129

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=45152&d=1060573112

Slick, I can't find Gini's profile on FB. If you know the page can you PM it to me? These were the only two pics I could find in Cat General.

Gini was anti-Facebook so she doesn't have a Facebook page.

She lived in Los Angeles. :-)

Randi
12-02-2013, 09:52 AM
Slick and Kelly, thank you for doing this. Annie and Emma surely miss their mom, but I so hope they will find a loving home - together. I will share with the people I know in CA.

RICHARD
12-02-2013, 10:43 AM
I am willing to donate some funds to help out......

Thanks again!

redbird
12-02-2013, 10:46 AM
They are beautiful kits, I can be of no help either but I pray they will find a new home and will stay together.

lizbud
12-02-2013, 11:22 AM
How about asking Pam, Gini's friend/neighbor lady? Does she have any pets?

slick
12-02-2013, 11:30 AM
How about asking Pam, Gini's friend/neighbor lady? Does she have any pets? I asked her at the service on Saturday but unfortunately her situation is such that makes it impossible. As well, she still has a dog so that would stress out Annie and Emma even more.

NoahsMommy
12-03-2013, 02:35 PM
Update:

My Mom has agreed to ride along w me and the girls whenever we start the transport...anywhere in CA, to whatever border we head to. That's so nice, thank you, Mom! 

Mike is going to send me updated pics and lots of info as to the disposition of the girls. With school at finals time, I'm studying like crazy, so I won't be able to go back to LA until after the 18th. He has asked for links here and anywhere else we are posting to find homes for the girls. He too will be searching on his end for homes for the girls. That's very nice and I know Gini is smiling at and grateful for his help. I know I am.

As soon as I get the updated info, I'll post it here and on FB.

REMEMBER, THEY DONT HAVE TO STAY IN CA, WE CAN FIGURE OUT TRANSPORT TO WHEREEVER THEY NEED TO BE.

wolflady
12-03-2013, 10:03 PM
Thanks for helping to organized this, Kelly. I hope they can find a good home together!

mrspunkysmom
12-15-2013, 06:53 PM
bump

slick
12-15-2013, 10:02 PM
Thank you for bumping this up. We are getting pressure from the brothers and I'm scared for the kitties.

I'm not asking that anyone take them in, I'm asking now for names and phone numbers of any no-kill shelters that you know of in the LA area. I'm willing to put in some money for transport if necessary. I will make all the long distance calls and do all the legwork. I'm just sceptical because google searches for shelters in this area turn up many and I don't know who is good and who is not. So I'm seeking some assistance.

Thanks.

Karen
12-15-2013, 10:52 PM
Slick, I thought of someone in California I can call, just in case, I will try tomorrow, and let you know if she has any ideas.

slick
12-16-2013, 12:08 AM
Thanks Karen. I've also sent a message to Jackson Galaxy.

phesina
12-16-2013, 11:06 AM
Just where in the L.A. area are the kitties? I have a friend here who grew up in the area and still has friends there. She will get in touch with them, but she says it will help if she knows just where, even the general vicinity.

I told her transport can be arranged no matter where, but it will still be helpful for her and her contacts to know.

Thanks,
Pat

phesina
12-16-2013, 11:12 AM
Another question:

I also e-mailed Debbie Martin, my L.A. disabled-cat-rescuing friend, about the kitties. She replied this morning:

"What is the email contact or phone number contact? Ill generate an email plea and put on Facebook"

Can someone please give me an e-mail and/or phone number contact? Send me a PM if you don't want it out in the general public.

Thank you!

Pat, again (and cats)

lizbud
12-16-2013, 12:38 PM
I feel so bad for The kitties. They must be so confused & afraid.:( They could stay with me if they could stand living with my dogs
and hellraiser Joey (cat). I wonder if Gini ever expressed a preference for where they should go if she couldn't care for them?

kuhio98
12-16-2013, 12:40 PM
I can't offer these babies a home. But, I will donate towards transportation costs and/or donate to the rescue who take them in. I'm praying that they can find a home together. Imagine losing Gini and then losing each other. :(

Randi
12-16-2013, 01:09 PM
I agree with Kuhio.... "Imagine losing Gini and then losing each other." :( I will donate, too.

Have shared with the people I know in CA. If I was closer, I would take them.

slick
12-16-2013, 02:34 PM
Another question:

I also e-mailed Debbie Martin, my L.A. disabled-cat-rescuing friend, about the kitties. She replied this morning:

"What is the email contact or phone number contact? Ill generate an email plea and put on Facebook"

Can someone please give me an e-mail and/or phone number contact? Send me a PM if you don't want it out in the general public.

Thank you!

Pat, again (and cats) Pat, let me get in touch with Kelly because 1) I don't have Bill's contact info (that's the brother staying in the house) and 2) not sure if this person should have Kelly's email or Bill's. Let's see what Kelly thinks, although Kelly is plagued with school work and exams these days.

Thanks again for everything and I just know that Gini is helping along the way. I also posted on The Cat Site and have received some replied. The more this is shared, the best chance we have of finding them a home together. :love:

slick
12-16-2013, 03:02 PM
Just where in the L.A. area are the kitties? I have a friend here who grew up in the area and still has friends there. She will get in touch with them, but she says it will help if she knows just where, even the general vicinity.

I told her transport can be arranged no matter where, but it will still be helpful for her and her contacts to know.

Thanks,
Pat Gini lives in Central LA - close to Wilshire Blvd and minutes from Santa Monica Blvd. I'll PM you her exact address.

phesina
12-16-2013, 05:05 PM
Thanks, Vicki. I just sent the general information on to my friend. I'll let you know what happens.

We WILL get the most wonderful new home for these two dear kitties!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
12-16-2013, 06:36 PM
I contacted two musician friends who live in LA. I asked them to put the word out!

Karen
12-16-2013, 10:07 PM
I spoke to my friend in mid-northern California, and another in Oregon, just in case!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-17-2013, 06:02 PM
Does anyone know any of the firefighters who attened Gini's BBQs? Maybe they would know someone. :love:

Karen
12-17-2013, 06:09 PM
Does anyone know any of the firefighters who attened Gini's BBQs? Maybe they would know someone. :love:

They were contacted initially by Phred, so sadly, we do not have their contact info.

slick
12-17-2013, 10:31 PM
Thanks everyone. I posted this plea on The Cat Site and have gotten some leads of where to start.

You might want to go through the list of Los Angeles Shelters and Rescue Groups on Petfinder and contact them to see if one can help:
http://www.petfinder.com/animal-shelters-and-rescues/search/?location=Los+Angeles%2C+CA&shelter_name= (http://www.petfinder.com/animal-shelters-and-rescues/search/?location=Los+Angeles%2C+CA&shelter_name=)

So this is where I plan to start tomorrow and make phone call after phone call. A friend of mine suggested tonight that perhaps Annie and Emma might do well in another quiet home with a senior so tomorrow I will research to see if any shelters have a "seniors for seniors" program.

Today has not been a good day mentally for me so I've been a little teary eyed all day. Must try and get to bed early enough to have a good sleep.

Nite all!

Roxyluvsme13
12-17-2013, 11:52 PM
I can't do much, but praying for the kitties and hoping for the best for them. :love:

slick
12-18-2013, 11:27 AM
I have found one shelter that will take them in, but for $500 each. I understand how overrun shelters are these days but I'm afraid $1000 USD is a bit too rich for my blood.:(

Catty1
12-18-2013, 11:50 AM
I have found one shelter that will take them in, but for $500 each. I understand how overrun shelters are these days but I'm afraid $1000 USD is a bit too rich for my blood.:(

Yikes! That IS a lot. Are they no-kill?

slick
12-18-2013, 03:58 PM
Yes, they are a no kill.

Just got an email from one of the ****** brothers who pretty much wants them dead now. We've been given until New Years.:(:(:(

Karen
12-18-2013, 05:19 PM
Yes, they are a no kill.

Just got an email from one of the ****** brothers who pretty much wants them dead now. We've been given until New Years.:(:(:(

Grrrrr, stoopid brother! Will get the word out that this is an emergency situation! My friend in mid-California said she would take them but for the fact that she now has two young Siamese brothers that would terrorize the ladies, and a small place with nowhere Annie and Emma could escape the boys.

Roxyluvsme13
12-18-2013, 06:11 PM
I have a cat rescue friend here that is seeing if there is anyone on our end that can help out Annie and Emma. We're on the other side of the US, but I think a PT miracle could get them here if it came to that, right?

Karen
12-18-2013, 06:27 PM
I have a cat rescue friend here that is seeing if there is anyone on our end that can help out Annie and Emma. We're on the other side of the US, but I think a PT miracle could get them here if it came to that, right?

Yeah, better than leaving them to that unspeakable fate!

Cataholic
12-18-2013, 06:32 PM
Not wanting to say it earlier, until I had confirmation, but thought it all along- that is some fine family and close friends Gini had. The horror of thinking one of my siblings or parents or boyfriend would take ANY of my many pets to a shelter is simply unreal. Save the excuses. Family and close friends don't do that.

May they get theirs.

lizbud
12-18-2013, 06:49 PM
I wonder who, if anyone, is feeding & taking care of the cats right now? They can'nt clean up after themselves.
Can you imagine feeding cats you don't give a darn about? Geeze.

Karen
12-18-2013, 06:53 PM
I wonder who, if anyone, is feeding & taking care of the cats right now? They can'nt clean up after themselves.
Can you imagine feeding cats you don't give a darn about? Geeze.

They are being fed by Gini's brother, he shared the house with Gini. So at least for the moment they have food and shelter, and litterboxes that are maintained.

lizbud
12-18-2013, 07:13 PM
They are being fed by Gini's brother, he shared the house with Gini. So at least for the moment they have food and shelter, and litterboxes that are maintained.

Hmmm, didn't realize that they both lived in the same house.

Catty1
12-18-2013, 08:00 PM
I've spread the word some more on FB.

As a last resort - would the people who want to donate to transport use their funds to pay that one shelter? I can give some $$.

Karen
12-18-2013, 08:15 PM
I thought of another California kitty friend who might be able to help, and emailed my nephew just in case, as well. We are not giving up, I am asking strangers in the surpermarket even, just in case!

Catty1
12-18-2013, 08:35 PM
Messaged another FB friend who has contacts in CA. I told her transport can be arranged, even out of state.

phesina
12-18-2013, 09:07 PM

And he's the one who is now saying they're out by New Year's or they can just die? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Karen
12-18-2013, 09:31 PM
And he's the one ...

Yes.

slick
12-18-2013, 09:49 PM
Yes. ...along with the brother in Boston.:(

phesina
12-18-2013, 10:14 PM
What loving brothers, so deeply honoring their dear sister's memory. I could puke.

I'll help however I can to get them out of that nastiness, to Tennessee or to that no-kill shelter or to wherever is best.

Roxyluvsme13
12-18-2013, 10:52 PM
The fact that they have given these babies less than 2 weeks is awful. Gini wouldn't have wanted to see her girls end up like this and you would think her brothers would have more respect than that.

My rescue friend is networking among Facebook and the rescue groups she works with in our area, so fingers crossed for Annie and Emma that something will be able to help somewhere.

Bonny
12-19-2013, 06:37 AM
This is so sad.:( Did Gini leave any paper work behind with how Emma & Annie were to be cared for?

Taz_Zoee
12-19-2013, 09:35 AM
My cousins daughter lives somewhere in Southern California and she just recently had to put her kitty to sleep. I just messaged her on Facebook asking if she was interested or knew anyone that could help.
I do not know if she has any other kitties still. Plus, she does have children. Would that be a problem???

shais_mom
12-19-2013, 12:31 PM
And he's the one who is now saying they're out by New Year's or they can just die? :mad::mad::mad::mad:

no.
I believe that is her other brother in Boston.
and also Gini's housekeeper is also tending to them.

shais_mom
12-19-2013, 12:32 PM
My cousins daughter lives somewhere in Southern California and she just recently had to put her kitty to sleep. I just messaged her on Facebook asking if she was interested or knew anyone that could help.
I do not know if she has any other kitties still. Plus, she does have children. Would that be a problem???

I don't think these kitties have been around kids much.

snakemama
12-19-2013, 12:36 PM
I think I can foster them here. I am at work until 5 so it's hard to post, but I'll try to get in touch tonight. If possible, I'd like to pick them up on Sunday. Can anyone meet me halfway between San Jose and la?

shais_mom
12-19-2013, 12:37 PM
ok I have just perused this thread and all I'm seeing is anger and bitterness towards Gini's brothers. Yes, it sure isn't ideal and its not nice that they "don't care" about Gini's kitties but remember they are still her flesh and blood that she loved dearly. We are not honoring her memory by bashing her brothers or wishing them ill will either.

I know what my opinion is where the cats should go. But I'm pretty sure that person doesn't want to hear it.

shais_mom
12-19-2013, 12:42 PM
I think I can foster them here. I am at work until 5 so it's hard to post, but I'll try to get in touch tonight. If possible, I'd like to pick them up on Sunday. Can anyone meet me halfway between San Jose and la?

I will text Kelly to let her know you replied. if you want to PM Noah'sMommy I'll make sure she sees it.
:love::love::love:

snakemama
12-19-2013, 01:05 PM
I can't figure out how to senda pm from my phone, so I'll have to wait until I get home. Alternately I can be reached by text at if someone needs to get in touch sooner than 5pm. I am currently working on procuring a kitty condo for them to stay in.

Taz_Zoee
12-19-2013, 01:19 PM
My cousins daughter said she needs to talk to her boyfriend. Should I tell her never mind since we don't think they'd be okay with kids??

Cataholic
12-19-2013, 01:19 PM
ok I have just perused this thread and all I'm seeing is anger and bitterness towards Gini's brothers. Yes, it sure isn't ideal and its not nice that they "don't care" about Gini's kitties but remember they are still her flesh and blood that she loved dearly. We are not honoring her memory by bashing her brothers or wishing them ill will either.

I know what my opinion is where the cats should go. But I'm pretty sure that person doesn't want to hear it.

You know I love you, and this isn't exactly directed towards you, but your post strikes a nerve with me. People make choices. People choose to honor people while they are living, and when they are gone. Crappy family is crappy family- no matter the word family. Why would anyone love dearly someone that shows no compassion towards that loved one's pets is beyond me. That isn't love. And, a large part of the problem, IMO, is that people stand by and "love dearly" people that treat them like crap. Whether it is acting completely without compassion in this instance, beating someone, stealing/lying ...family or not- those people need to account for their actions, and be held accountable.

I have already had one PM which totally sought to excuse this family member's conduct. Call a POS a POS. That is what he is. Gini is gone. Her beloved pets are not. This isn't besmirching her honor or memory, it is standing up for it. feel the same way about the "dear friend" of hers, who couldn't take the pets in for some vague reason. It isn't during the simple, easy fun times that a person's character is shown, it is during the difficult times.

I lost the very few people I had like that in my life a long time ago. When the chips are down....

Taz_Zoee
12-19-2013, 01:20 PM
Come on guys, the focus here is finding a home for the kitties! Can't we all just get along? ;)

Cataholic
12-19-2013, 01:25 PM
Come on guys, the focus here is finding a home for the kitties! Can't we all just get along? ;)

Gini's brothers read PT? In the off chance you are referring to Staci and I, I feel pretty comfortable telling you there isn't any issue between the two of us.:/

Taz_Zoee
12-19-2013, 01:29 PM
Gini's brothers read PT? In the off chance you are referring to Staci and I, I feel pretty comfortable telling you there isn't any issue between the two of us.:/

I wasn't referring to anyone specifically. I just noticed the thread started to turn it's focus off the kitties just a little. That's all. :) Not just you and Staci, but what Staci was referring to about people (not necessarily you) bad mouthing the brothers. Anyone not concentrating on the efforts of helping Emma and Annie. The brothers are who they are and we aren't going to change anything about them or their actions. Again, the focus is the kitties. Right? :)

Cataholic
12-19-2013, 01:39 PM
I wasn't referring to anyone specifically. I just noticed the thread started to turn it's focus off the kitties just a little. That's all. :) Not just you and Staci, but what Staci was referring to about people (not necessarily you) bad mouthing the brothers. Anyone not concentrating on the efforts of helping Emma and Annie. The brothers are who they are and we aren't going to change anything about them or their actions. Again, the focus is the kitties. Right? :)

The focus should be on the kitties. With a side note in the form of a PSA- kick crappy people out of your life. :)

Karen
12-19-2013, 01:40 PM
I can't figure out how to senda pm from my phone, so I'll have to wait until I get home. Alternately I can be reached by text at 408 680 1979 if someone needs to get in touch sooner than 5pm. I am currently working on procuring a kitty condo for them to stay in.

Oh, that's great! So hope this works out, at least they will be safe until they find a forever home!

phesina
12-19-2013, 01:47 PM
God bless you, snakemama.

Randi
12-19-2013, 02:00 PM
It's really sad that Gini's brother wants then out by New Year. How cruel! :mad: :(

Even if Annie and Emma have to travel, I think it would be best to find a home for them together, and preferably a quiet one. I share with anyone I know on CA and nearby states, who I think would be appropiate.

They must find a good home - not a shelter! Gini would turn in her grave.

Taz_Zoee
12-19-2013, 03:11 PM
The focus should be on the kitties. With a side note in the form of a PSA- kick crappy people out of your life. :)

Agreed! :)

Taz_Zoee
12-19-2013, 03:12 PM
I think my question got lost when I posted at the same time as someone else. What should I tell my cousin?

My cousins daughter said she needs to talk to her boyfriend. Should I tell her never mind since we don't think they'd be okay with kids??

Karen
12-19-2013, 03:17 PM
I think my question got lost when I posted at the same time as someone else. What should I tell my cousin?

You can tell your cousin they have a potential foster home so it need not be an emergency. The girls, as far as I know have not been around kids, so we do not know whether they would be good with them or not. It likely depends on how old the kids are, and whether they can be nice to a couple older girls!

NoahsMommy
12-19-2013, 03:25 PM

I couldn't agree more. I know feelings are hurt and we're all angered/annoyed at the turn this has taken. But, the main focus is Annie and Emma. Mike (the brother from Boston) is the person making these decisions…he has A LOT on his plate with Gini's estate and his own life on the other side of the country. Quite honestly, I don't think he's an animal person. He's doing what he's doing for Annie and Emma FOR GINI. They pretty much are his responsibility and while I don't agree with setting crazy deadlines for 2 ex-feral cats that are overweight and older….its not up to me. I appreciate and am grateful they didn't just drop them off at a kill-shelter without telling anyone. He does care, but isn't like us - to him I think animals are just pets. So we aren't even on the same page in that respect. Bill and the housekeeper (bless her!) are feeding and caring for them. When Bill and Mike are not there due to the holidays (etc), the neighbor, Gladys is looking in on them. Mike is making sure they are cared for in that way. I just don't understand the deadline. :(

OK, back to home finding. My finals are done, so I have more time now. My Mom says she'll go with me to pick them up and take them to the state border (in any direction) - that's as far as I can physically handle, unless its somewhere just over the border.

Update since I started typing this:
Cathy (snakemama) and I have been 'talking' via text. She's in CA and is offering to put them in a kitty condo in her nice and quiet feed store. The exposure to all her customers would help them find a home. :) I think that would be nice. Going to talk it over with Slick to see what she thinks.

A GIGANTIC THANK YOU to Cathy (snakemama) for offering this solution to us!

slick
12-19-2013, 03:52 PM
Holy crapola........ I'm crying over here. In a nice quiet store is just where I think they would be OK. I think Annie might take longer to adjust but they will get the exposure they so desperately need.

Kelly: Will gladly pay for the transport.
Cathy: Will gladly give you some money in Gini's honour for their care.

It's the least I can do.

Miss Z
12-19-2013, 05:12 PM
You know I love you, and this isn't exactly directed towards you, but your post strikes a nerve with me. People make choices. People choose to honor people while they are living, and when they are gone. Crappy family is crappy family- no matter the word family. Why would anyone love dearly someone that shows no compassion towards that loved one's pets is beyond me. That isn't love. And, a large part of the problem, IMO, is that people stand by and "love dearly" people that treat them like crap. Whether it is acting completely without compassion in this instance, beating someone, stealing/lying ...family or not- those people need to account for their actions, and be held accountable.

I have already had one PM which totally sought to excuse this family member's conduct. Call a POS a POS. That is what he is. Gini is gone. Her beloved pets are not. This isn't besmirching her honor or memory, it is standing up for it. feel the same way about the "dear friend" of hers, who couldn't take the pets in for some vague reason. It isn't during the simple, easy fun times that a person's character is shown, it is during the difficult times.

I lost the very few people I had like that in my life a long time ago. When the chips are down....

The focus should be on the kitties. With a side note in the form of a PSA- kick crappy people out of your life.

Bang on, Johanna. I sympathise with Gini's brothers, truly. I appreciate that they must have a lot on their plate, and suddenly having two cats to find homes for amidst all this must be a burden. But as a last task for a loved one? Whatever way it is sliced, I find their actions unpleasant.

But of course focussing on the more important matter at hand, I'm so glad to read that snakemama can foster them. You are truly a blessing, as is everyone else here busting a gut to get these cats a home. I'm once again reminded how utterly fabulous many people are on this site.:love:I look forward to reading the updates on the kitties' progress, I know Gini would be so touched to see how much has been done for them.

shais_mom
12-19-2013, 05:46 PM

I guess the quote of "Fate chooses our relatives, we choose our friends."
Jacques Delille

rings quite true here. Gini chose US as her friends, so we are trying to do right by A&E. Thank you Snakemama - my fingers are crossed and prayers are being sent.

Catty1
12-19-2013, 07:04 PM
Wonderful news about the fostering! Snakemama, you rock!

Where do they have to travel to? Oscar's health has maxed me out and I can't give any money. Anything else I can do - send messages, whatever, let me know!

momoffuzzyfaces
12-19-2013, 07:12 PM
If they are living at a feed store will they be there alone at night and over weekends and holidays? I hate to think of them being alone but I guess it would be better than the situation they are now in. :love:

snakemama
12-19-2013, 09:13 PM
We are open on the weekends, so I'd just have to pop in and feed them on holidays....I already go in to feed and clean our store pets (budgies) so it's no trouble. Hopefully they will be adopted soon enough that there won't be many holidays to worry about. I'll get a courtesy listing on petfinder, and put the word out with at least three of my customers who run cat rescues, and another one who runs a 'Kitty Hotel' and has helped out with some challenging rescues in the past.

The store does get a little loud on Sunday when we have a low cost vaccine clinic, but the kitty condo I'm hoping to borrow can be moved into our break room so that the animals at the vaccine clinic don't scare them.

Do we have access to their vet records? How old are they? Are they microchipped?

Karen
12-19-2013, 09:28 PM
Do we have access to their vet records? How old are they? Are they microchipped?

I know they are 13 years old, and Slick has contact info for their current veterinarian, which she stumbled upon. They are such sweet girls, hopefully someone will fall in love once they have settled in!

slick
12-19-2013, 09:46 PM
OK, there are two different vets involved. Rascal had his own vet and when I called them today, they said they had never seen A & E.

I called another vet the other day and was told the last time Gini was in to them was 2008 and again was only for Rascal.

I don't believe that A & E have ever been to a vet.

Cathy, if someone is interested in them, will you or someone be doing a home check? I would hate to see them go to a non-PT person and have it not be the right fit. Sorry, just putting it out there.

snakemama
12-19-2013, 10:20 PM
I will definitely interview any potential adopters, I hadn't thought about the home-check aspect of it. 0.0 It is my fervent hope that one of my customers who runs a cat rescue will take them in 'on paper', which would mean that potential adopters would have to fill out a real application and get a home check.

I'll make sure they are chipped and vaccinated too. :)

Karen
12-19-2013, 10:23 PM
We know from Gini's posts and threads, they were born March 26, 2002, as she posted on their eight birthday which was 3/26/2010. So they are actually a little younger than we thought, 11 1/2 years old. They have at least been to a vet once - "It was instantly clear that I had to do something as both females were going into heat. This was on a Thursday and a call to the vets said they couldn't take them until Monday. I took them in but it was already too late - they were in heat and of course, it cost much more. It was an amazing weekend with two females in heat in my house."

But that would have been over 10 years ago now, and the vet office may not keep records that far back.

zippy-kat
12-19-2013, 11:08 PM
I'll make sure they are chipped and vaccinated too. :)

Bless you for helping them! :love::)

snakemama
12-19-2013, 11:09 PM
Karen - I JUST found that thread right before I read your post! *taking notes*

slick
12-20-2013, 01:51 AM
Again, Cathy, I will contribute $$$ for the microchip, tattoo or any vaccination. It's the least I can do for Gini.

kuhio98
12-20-2013, 09:54 AM
Again, Cathy, I will contribute $$$ for the microchip, tattoo or any vaccination. It's the least I can do for Gini.

Cathy ~ I'm making the same offer. Please let us know if/when we can help. Also, I would contribute towards their adoption fee -- if they are adopted together -- when they find their forever family.

NoahsMommy
12-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks, Karen, for finding their date of birth and their ages. That is Great news as Mike thinks that they are close to their "age limit". :rolleyes: 11 1/2? They are still spring chickens!! ;)

Mike does have vet records, I'll find out the name of the vet she took them to. I called the two closest and she'd only taken Rascal to them. As soon as I post this, I'll send Mike an email.

I think if anyone wants to donate $$, a vet visit and their care would be ideal. Slick, Tonya, Stace and I need to discuss it, but I really feel Cathy's (snakemama) place sounds ideal. She's in a good network of rescuers and the exposure they'd get would be so great! In a rescue, they wouldn't get anything near the exposure. Then add the Pet Finder page and wow, sounds like a perfect solution.

I'm still waiting for answers to my questions from Mike about the girls. I haven't seen them in years - with my illness and poor Gini's, we never could get it together. :( I've asked him to have his daughter reply, as when they were here for the funeral she was able to gain their trust and bond with them. Which, I think is HUGE considering their world had and turned upside down and included strange visitors in their turf. That is promising!

Here are my questions to Mike:

Just basic info…ages, last vet visits, date of birth. etc.
Do they have ANY health issues?
How they act around strangers?
How long does it take to warm up to people (if they do)? [Your daughters and Bill will know this.]
Are they playful when engaged or if they prefer sleeping/to be left alone?
If they are gentle or not.
Where do they sleep (with a person or on their own)?
If they tend to prefer to be around people or just do their own thing.
Are they 'lap cats'? (Ask Bill if he saw them on/around Gini often.)
Are they good about using their litter box regularly?
Do they try to sneak outside?
Do they have any exposure to other animals (if so, what types and how did they do?)?
How are they around kids? (What ages?)
Could you get a collar on them? (This helps to know if they are open to doing what humans want them to do - and is important if they like to go outside.)

As soon as I get these (long awaited) answers, I'll post them here. Thanks again, everyone. It helps to have someone else shoulder the 'burden' with us. :love: :)

Randi
12-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Kelly, I have looked for info that Gini shared with me about her cats. In this e-mail, she still had Rascal. It was at the time she slept in the front room and let her brother have her bed.

"Every single night I have to share the sofa with three cats. They wait until I fall asleep and then curl up around my legs. I wake up completely stiff - but of course, that wouldn't make me shoo them off the couch - god forbid I should inconvenice them - ha ha."

So it seems Annie and Emma would also sleep with her. They may not want to with a new person, but you never know. :)

Are you in touch with any of her nieces?

Oh, and please update about funds to help them. I would prefer to send to someone I know.

NoahsMommy
12-20-2013, 07:58 PM
Randi,

Thank you for that quote...it's good to know they bonded so well. 😄 This will help.

I'm only in touch w Mike - her brother from Boston, also their father. Although I told him I'd happily talk to his daughter as she was the one that got A & E to come to her and was playing with them. (Also good things.) He hasn't involved her. I wish he would and have dropped a few hints that she'd be able to help me w all our questions. But, so far, no.

Regarding funds, I hadn't thought about it. Since they are going to Cathy, you can send them to her if we decide that's the best option - or to me if that works too. I can get a pay pal account if that helps. Whatever works is fine with me. 😄

Karen
12-20-2013, 08:25 PM
Randi,

Thank you for that quote...it's good to know they bonded so well.  This will help.

I'm only in touch w Mike - her brother from Boston, also their father. Although I told him I'd happily talk to his daughter as she was the one that got A & E to come to her and was playing with them. (Also good things.) He hasn't involved her. I wish he would and have dropped a few hints that she'd be able to help me w all our questions. But, so far, no.

Regarding funds, I hadn't thought about it. Since they are going to Cathy, you can send them to her if we decide that's the best option - or to me if that works too. I can get a pay pal account if that helps. Whatever works is fine with me. 

We do know their date of birth - from an earlier post - they are actual just 11 1/2 years old - born March 26, 2002 - Gini posted that on their eighth birthday. And they were neutered not long after she got them, she also mentioned that.

slick
12-20-2013, 10:28 PM
I have been busy all day and part of my day today was tending to my disabled neighbour - shopping, washing dishes, etc. so I'm spending the evening catching up.

Of the 9 emails with photos attached I've sent to vets and shelters, I've received only 1 response and that the person who runs a sanctuary and wants $500 per pet. Not an option as far as I'm concerned.

Bless this forum. Over the years I've seen many miracles happen here and bless you Cathy for creating one more. I trust you 100%.

There is a group called CuteTransport and unfortunately I can only find them on Facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/CuteTransportNetwork

I'm wondering if they can help???

NoahsMommy
12-20-2013, 11:10 PM
There is a group called CuteTransport and unfortunately I can only find them on Facebook here:
https://www.facebook.com/CuteTransportNetwork

I'm wondering if they can help???

Slick,
I'll be picking up the girls and taking them to Cathy in San Jose as we planned. Mom is going with me - we're going to look at the calendar and see when we can do so. Also waiting on Mike to let me know when I can come get A & E. Mom and I are going to even stop in at a friends house in our way back in the San Jose area. 

Karen,
Thanks for the birth dates. :) I saw your first message and also let Mike know. He was under the impression they are older and only have 2-3 yrs left. Thanks for finding that - it's great to have that info! :) :)

snakemama
12-22-2013, 01:23 PM
I don't want anyone to mistake my silence for anything, I've been waiting on news from the people who are closer to the situation. I have two offers of kitty condos to borrow, so I'll be arranging to pick one of them up ASAP.

I also have a potential adopter who wants to come meet them and chat with me once they're here - a single lady and a VERY sweet ten year old girl who recently lost their elderly cat. It would be a very quiet, peaceful home and they are agreeable to a home visit, so I'm hopeful.

As for funds, I'm overwhelmed with the offers of support that have been coming in from here and from my customers. I want to set something up for A&E, but I'm not sure the best way to do that right now, and I am open to suggestions.

I'm also taking my cell number down since the pertinent parties have it. :)

NoahsMommy
12-22-2013, 01:42 PM
So after talking with my Mom, I realized that I may have bitten off more than I can handle when I volunteered to pick up A&E and bring them all the way up to San Jose and return home. This is a 6+ hr drive, one way from Ventura Cnty - 1.5-2.5 hrs north of where I live now. So I guess it would be a 7.5+ hr drive one way for me. There are many factors involved, but the most important is my health. After my last surgery (the 2nd one in 8 yrs) in April we found out how diseased my intestines are (even after surgery), I decided I needed to finally put myself first in life, or I wouldn't actually HAVE a life. (By 'life' I don't mean one filled w partying, constant social engagement and guys...I mean, I can maybe go to school and finish a semester, stay out of a hospital, ER and my bed, actually go to things I plan...that sort of life. ;) ) I tend to offer myself up before even considering the impact things have on me. Which Mom says is nice of me to do, but I'm useless to help others if I don't put my health first.

All that to say, our next hurdle is transport. I can get them from Gini's to Ventura Cnty (Simi Valley or Moorpark) on Sunday (12/29) on my way to see my family/friends for a late Christmas. We need transport from Simi/Moorpark to Visalia/Bakersfield where Cathy will be (this is the halfway point to San Jose and Los Angeles). This date is somewhat a working date...it's not in stone - but will work the best for both Cathy and I.

Mike said he'd get back to me today or tomorrow. He will answer all the questions I posted on PT as well as letting me know when I can get the girls. I'm not 100% certain, but I think he's going to have the neighbor let me in...I'll update everyone as I know more. I have messages into my family and friends I'm meeting up with as well as Mike.

Any help w transport would be wonderful. I'm going to contact the transport group Slick posted above now.

NoahsMommy
12-22-2013, 01:47 PM
I don't want anyone to mistake my silence for anything, I've been waiting on news from the people who are closer to the situation. I have two offers of kitty condos to borrow, so I'll be arranging to pick one of them up ASAP.

I also have a potential adopter who wants to come meet them and chat with me once they're here - a single lady and a VERY sweet ten year old girl who recently lost their elderly cat. It would be a very quiet, peaceful home and they are agreeable to a home visit, so I'm hopeful.

As for funds, I'm overwhelmed with the offers of support that have been coming in from here and from my customers. I want to set something up for A&E, but I'm not sure the best way to do that right now, and I am open to suggestions.

I'm also taking my cell number down since the pertinent parties have it. :)

Thank you so much for all you have been doing on behalf of A & E, Cathy! You are a HUGE answer to prayer. :) :love: :)

That woman and her daughter sound like an amazing home for the girls. As we learned from Mike, his daughter was able to coax the girls out and spend time w them in a VERY stressful situation. I think a gentle, sweet little girl would be PERFECT for them. :)

snakemama
12-22-2013, 06:14 PM
I can make Monday work too, if need be, just FYI. :)

krazyaboutkatz
12-22-2013, 09:15 PM
I haven't been on PT for quite a while. I'm so glad to hear that A&E will now have a foster home and hopefully a wonderful loving forever home together.:) I live close to Cathy and I've shopped at her store many times. I know these cats will be in very good hands.:)

NoahsMommy
12-23-2013, 02:06 PM
Still looking for someone to help w transport from Simi Valley to Bakersfield on Sunday. Can everyone ask ANYONE they know in Southern California?

Here are more pictures of Annie and Emma. Such pretty girls!! The ones w the gloved hands are of the nurses that tended to Gini in her last days. They made sure she was able to love on them. :love: :love: :love:

Catty1
12-23-2013, 02:23 PM
I shared the trasnport info on FB - on my timeline and on the PT page. Hoping for some responses.

Taz_Zoee
12-23-2013, 03:11 PM
I shared the trasnport info on FB - on my timeline and on the PT page. Hoping for some responses.

I also just posted it! And since I live in California, I'm hoping some of my FB friends might live in that area. Fingers crossed!!

NoahsMommy
12-23-2013, 08:05 PM
Thanks for sharing this info in any way you can, everyone! :) It helps! Gini's brother was talking about possibly paying for gas for whoever helps with transport. :) Can you also pass that along? (If it helps to get someone to volunteer. I know right after the holidays money can be really tight.)

Also, anyone that expressed interest in donating to Annie & Emma, pls PM or email me. [email protected] I'll get you Cathy's PayPal info. That way all $$ goes to her and to their forever home/Kitty Mommy. :)

Thanks, guys!! :) :) :)

phesina
12-26-2013, 01:03 PM
Noahsmommy, are you the contact person? I have a name and phone number and (possible) e-mail address for someone who might be able to help with the transport. I just sent the information to your e-mail address in your previous message.

I'd also chip in some money.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:,
Pat

snakemama
12-27-2013, 10:08 PM
The lady I adopted Katie from is dropping off a big condo for them tomorrow, so I can have it scrubbed up and ready for their arrival Sunday evening!

Catty1
12-27-2013, 11:25 PM
So transport is all set? They're arriving Sunday evening?????

mrspunkysmom
12-28-2013, 12:33 AM
So transport is all set? They're arriving Sunday evening?????

On the Pet Talker Facebook group, we are under the impressions that a leg from Simi Valley to a little further north was not covered. It's great that that spot is filled. :)

Can't wait to see pics of the kitties in your home. :D

:love:

kuhio98
12-28-2013, 02:03 PM
For the many of us who do not use Facebook, can we get an update?
I e-mailed info for funding as requested and never heard back. Has a PayPal account been set up?

Catty1
12-29-2013, 11:49 AM
I just PM'd phesina and Karen.

There is a member I have not seen for a long time - he and his wife live in the NE of the USA (I think) and have many cats. He was also very involved in cat transport. Can't recall his name - but hopefully we can contact him and he can help.

ETA: GILL PMing him and sending link to this thread right now.

NoahsMommy
12-29-2013, 02:54 PM
Hey everyone!

I awoke with a bad cold yesterday morning - and Cathy said she feels one coming on too. So we've rescheduled Annie and Emma's transport to next Sunday. (1/5) The girls are doing OK at Gini's house and are being taken care of by Gladys - Gini's housekeeper and friend. They trust Gladys and allow her to pet and play with them...so that's nice. :love:

Until next week! :)

P.S. Both Cathy and I are covering their trip from Los Angeles to San Jose. We are meeting up at a Starbucks in Bakersfield. :)

NoahsMommy
12-29-2013, 02:58 PM
Can't wait to see pics of the kitties in your home. :D

Mike has asked that we take pics of their journey. He suggested I write a story about their trip...he thinks the local paper (around Gini's neighborhood) would be really interested in publishing and reading it. We'll see. I WILL take traveling pics though. So you can be updated during my leg of their journey. :) :love: :)

Karen
12-29-2013, 03:38 PM
Mike has asked that we take pics of their journey. He suggested I write a story about their trip...he thinks the local paper (around Gini's neighborhood) would be really interested in publishing and reading it. We'll see. I WILL take traveling pics though. So you can be updated during my leg of their journey. :) :love: :)

Oh, thanks goodness! Sorry it had to be rescheduled, but glad all the legs are covered, and there will be photographic documentations of their journey! Blessing on everyone involved!

snakemama
12-31-2013, 12:15 AM
I am receiving the paypal donations for A&E, this cold has hit me like a freight train so I'm trying to rest up for the weekend as much as I can. :) The condo is all set up for them and ready to go!

Karen
12-31-2013, 01:22 PM
I am receiving the paypal donations for A&E, this cold has hit me like a freight train so I'm trying to rest up for the weekend as much as I can. :) The condo is all set up for them and ready to go!

Excellent - what's the link, in case anyone still wants to contribute? I updated Laurie Baker on the saga on the phone the other day, and she was asking!

snakemama
01-01-2014, 12:35 AM
my paypal address is [email protected] :)

Karen
01-01-2014, 02:13 PM
Excellent, so everything is looking good for transport to happen this weekend?

snakemama
01-04-2014, 07:23 PM
I'm turning in early tonight so I can be up at 6am to drive down to meet the girls!

Karen
01-04-2014, 08:05 PM
Excellent, we look forward to good reports and a safe trip for everyone!

snakemama
01-04-2014, 09:30 PM
I have tomorrow and most of Monday off, so I promise one of those days to start a new thread for them in General, and to keep it updated with pictures. :) I've been badly out of touch with the internet lately but I will stop in most days after work to update everyone who cares about them!

Catty1
01-04-2014, 10:31 PM
Yaay! So excited - rest well! :D:love:

phesina
01-05-2014, 05:47 AM
Prayers and good wishes that all goes well :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:.

Bonny
01-05-2014, 09:43 AM
Best wishes for a safe journey for everyone furred & human.

Catty1
01-05-2014, 11:31 AM
Hearty wishes for safe travels!

momoffuzzyfaces
01-05-2014, 01:03 PM
Sending a kiss for luck and prayers for all!!! :love:

mbsmum
01-05-2014, 01:14 PM
Prayers and best wishes for Emma and Annie. Safe journey

mrspunkysmom
01-05-2014, 03:18 PM
Pawsitive thoughts for a safe trip today.

snakemama
01-05-2014, 08:39 PM
They are here, I will start them a new thread right now... :)