PDA

View Full Version : His name is now Buttercup

Logan
12-13-2002, 07:36 AM
My big, strong, tough boy has been reduced to being called Buttercup (named by his new dad)! LOL!!!! Can you believe that? How embarrassing for the fellow!! :o But he is a buttercup.........so sweet and loving that you guys would think someone replaced him with a new cat!!! He sleeps in my lap constantly during the day, purrs, asks for rubs, hardly ever wants to go outside, and hasn't bitten anyone in ages!!!!

Here's a sort of "sorry" picture I took of him one morning last week on top of the computer, with the webcam.

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b2cc32b3127cce92edc494dd190000001410

neko1
12-13-2002, 07:49 AM
aww but he does look like a buttercup!! I just want to smoosh his face and give him kisses!!

Logan
12-13-2002, 08:12 AM
Originally posted by neko1
aww but he does look like a buttercup!! I just want to smoosh his face and give him kisses!!

And do you know what, Neko? He would actually let you do that!!! A month ago, there would have been no chance!! :eek:

jennifert
12-13-2002, 08:59 AM
LOGAN! I am in shock!! What happened to Butter? Is he so in love with his new "dad" he's given up the facade? What gives?
He looks so content and happy and loving in the picture even!!

Goodness, give him a kiss from me while you can! Butter holds a special place in my heart because of his "cattitude" (And all the Duncan/Butter (butter) problems!:p :p ) I'm going to have to get down there and cuddle him before it goes away!!!

Rocky'smomma
12-13-2002, 10:20 AM
ohh he is soo cute!!!!

All Creatures Great And Small
12-13-2002, 10:59 AM
Nothing "sorry" about that picture at all! He's adorable!

gini
12-13-2002, 11:13 AM
Oh Logan, I remember the posts you made about your hands all torn up by Butter and here we are today.

Well, just like Rascal, these guys do mellow. It just seems to take forever thats all.

Now he knows what he has been missing and is taking full advantage of every minute of your time.

I am glad for you that "Buttercup" finally settled down.

I have found that it is just basic trust. It is as though you are on probation with them until "they" decide you are o.k. and then they give you the whole package of loving and purrs.

lynnestankard
12-13-2002, 11:27 AM
WOW Buttercup! Who would have ever thought that talon slashing Butter would become this softy boy Buttercup?!!

The love of a good Daddy will do it every time - well done Scott! :)

Lynne

NoahsMommy
12-13-2002, 02:35 PM
ohhhhhh! Butter, you look so precious...and like a happy Buttercup.

That is so great Logan...he must be really happy now. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-13-2002, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by lynnestankard
WOW Buttercup! Who would have ever thought that talon slashing Butter would become this softy boy Buttercup?!!

My thoughts exactly!! I couldn't believe it, Logan, when you said he'll sit in your lap. It wasn't that long ago that you couldn't even get close to him! I'm so glad though, because he is such a pretty kitty, and really does look like a Buttercup - but don't tell him I said that. ;) :)

Uabassoon
12-13-2002, 03:48 PM
Buttercup is so cute. I'm glad to hear he finally settled down. It took me almost a year to get Corkscrew to relax.

Pam
12-13-2002, 03:57 PM
Logan this is terrific and incredible news! I am no "cat shrink" but I am wondering what role your move played in all of this. If you recall, Nasty Boy Gabe has also become reformed (for the most part...hehe!) now that he has a different roof over his furry little head. Who knows what goes on in the minds of these 'bad boys' but whatever it is, I couldn't be happier! {{Hugs}} to you Butter(cup). (Before I would have been afraid to even think of hugging you!) LOL!

Logan
12-13-2002, 04:00 PM
It is nothing, short of amazing, and I do think of Gabe, quite often, since he had a sort of transformation too. I even caught "Buttercup" (poor boy) in Scott's lap the other night! Scott still doesn't trust him and is severely allergic, but when he planted himself in his lap, he let him stay. I don't move for hours sometime, just because he is so comfortable in my lap!!!! :D

Vermontcat
12-13-2002, 06:40 PM
Sometimes change is good. Lucky for you the move has given you a new and improved Buttercat!:)
Perhaps there was an evil cat spirit possessing the poor boy at your old house.;)

BastetsMum
12-13-2002, 07:54 PM
Awwww butter melts in my eyes! Make sure he doesn't melt all over the monitor though!

:D

Rachel
12-14-2002, 07:22 AM
You know with all the girls that are in your house, Butter probably figured out he had to be the MAN of the family and hence the attitude (sorry guys!). Now that there is a bigger, brawnier guy hanging around, he can relax and follow his inclination to be Mommy's Baby Boy.

sasvermont
12-14-2002, 07:30 AM
I will have to add my observation about bad kitties turning good. I will never really know the answer to this but it seems to me that our two Bad Boys WERE king of the castle (at least they considered themselves that) when they were in the original arrangement....and once a major change took place....the pecking order changed. I agree that by bringing in another person and moving at the same time....shook little Butter's sense of superiority....and/or need to prove it..... and now Butter is Buttercup .... and Gabe the monster cat is now just Gabe....(the monster still rears it's ugly head when Gabe is outside....)...cats can change, especially if circumstances change. Hopefully the change is for the better...but not always! :(

Buttercup and Gabe should get an award!:cool:

tatsxxx11
12-14-2002, 08:22 AM
Butter...CUP :D:D:D You HAVE come a long way, big fella! (Believe me...I've SEEN those scratches!!!):eek:

smokey the elder
12-15-2002, 09:13 AM
I can't believe it! Butter the terror cat morphs into Buttercup (!?) the mush pie.:D

mylunalove
12-15-2002, 11:36 AM
It's Buttercup!!!
Loved the photo of your cat....buttercup! ;)

AmberLee
12-15-2002, 03:19 PM
What a surprise! A pleasant, delightful surprise. Do you think it might be a wedding present from the Butter to you both: Buttercup???

krazyaboutkatz
12-15-2002, 11:54 PM
Logan,this is wonderful news. :D I'm so glad that Buttercup aka Butter has finally decided to mellow out. I guess the move has been great for your whole family. :)

sammi
12-16-2002, 12:02 AM
That is wonderful news Logan!:D