PDA

View Full Version : Thanksgiving travel and storms

Karen
11-26-2013, 02:20 PM
The weather forecasters are in a tizzy - I think this new practice of naming winter storms has amped their excitement level. I know the storm currently crossing the country may wreak havoc with some folks travel plans, so want everyone to stay safe! Last I checked, it will be all rain by the time it gets here, and we will just be driving to New Hampshire on Wednesday, when it is supposed to be over.

What are your Thanksgiving plans? Planes, trains automobiles or hunkering down in place?

redbird
11-26-2013, 02:54 PM
I'll be taking a car ride and only a few miles away so I don't see any problems just yet. I hope everyone stays safe also.

kuhio98
11-26-2013, 03:50 PM
Hunkering down at home. We try to never travel on holidays.

Wishing you all a safe and happy holiday.

Catty1
11-26-2013, 04:14 PM
Have a wonderful and safe holiday everyone!:love:

Taz_Zoee
11-26-2013, 04:53 PM
1 1/2 hour drive to my parents house tomorrow night. Then on Turkey Day only a 20 minute drive to my Uncle's house.
The forecast here says 10% chance of rain. So no worries for us!

I hope everyone stays safe and has a wonderful holiday!!

cassiesmom
11-26-2013, 05:54 PM
We're going to my brother and his family for Thanksgiving. They live about a mile north of me. I'm working Friday, 28 miles each way but the traffic should be pretty light.

Happy Thanksgiving, American PT friends! Happy Chanukah, PT friends who celebrate Chanukah!

Karen
11-26-2013, 06:38 PM
One of my nieces will be driving home from college in the storm, so I cautioned her to check her windshield wiper fluid, bring a bottle of water for herself, and start off with a full tank of gas. One doesn't usually think wiper fluid would be important in a rain/sleet/slush/snow storm, but often the stuff that gets churned up on the roads and splatters your windshield is more than the rain can effectively clean off!

Traffic here was already, at 4:30, backed up all the way from Boston to Sturbridge this afternoon, thankfully, I was heading East as that was filling in heading West.

Alysser
11-26-2013, 08:02 PM
We're going a few miles to my Aunts house, but my brother is driving down from Washington D.C....he's gonna be fun to deal with. I dread the day I have to drive all the way home from Upstate New York next year. :eek:

Karen
11-26-2013, 08:13 PM
We're going a few miles to my Aunts house, but my brother is driving down from Washington D.C....he's gonna be fun to deal with. I dread the day I have to drive all the way home from Upstate New York next year. :eek:

Where in Upstate will you be?

phesina
11-26-2013, 08:53 PM
:love:I'm doing a fair amount of petsitting for Thanksgiving! All cats so far, all local.

The big storms are just missing us, so the weather should be reasonable.

Happy Thanksgiving, American friends! And Happy Chanukah, observant friends! (Of all species, for both ;).)

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Grace
11-26-2013, 10:13 PM
Staying home. If we went to our son's it would mean a trip through Ohio, Pennsylvania, down into Virginia - right where all the nastiness is. I never want to get stuck on a plane or in a car trying to get someplace in the winter. Not my idea of fun :)

Felicia's Mom
11-27-2013, 08:13 AM
I'll be having Thanksgiving here at the care center where I am living. Wishing everyone a safe and happy holiday.

mrspunkysmom
11-28-2013, 12:05 AM
Staying here. Just one hour north it is a real mess and still snowing.