PDA

View Full Version : TO: kimlovescats, Do you still have that feral kitten?

jenluckenbach
12-13-2002, 05:10 AM
Hey Kim,
Are you still working with that feral kitten? If so, how is it going?

kimlovescats
12-13-2002, 06:21 AM
It was too upsetting for me, the poor thing was terrified by the sight of me. I called the lady who asked me to try it out, and she came and picked him up. She took him to a large cat sanctuary for feral cats ... I feel that was the best thing for this cat.

Cataholic
12-13-2002, 11:35 AM
Kim,
That must have been a very difficult decision for you to make. But, only you knew what was best, and you did try. So, thank you for trying!! And, I am sure with the other 12 you have there now, you have more than enough to keep you busy!!!
{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}
Johanna

kimlovescats
12-13-2002, 11:53 AM
Thank you for being understanding, Johanna! Trust me, it was a tough call! :(

Edwina's Secretary
12-13-2002, 01:52 PM
Kim...I admire you for trying!

jenluckenbach
12-13-2002, 01:56 PM
Will you ever be able to know if the cat does OK? Feel satisfied in knowing that you tried and that if it was not the right thing for you then it was not the right thing for him. (in case that came out bad, it was meant as support, not criticism).Some things are just too overwhelming. I do not know if I could do it, but there are people that can and I'll bet he'll do just fine.

mugsy
12-13-2002, 06:04 PM
Kim,

I think what you did was a wonderful selfless thing to do. The poor little guy was probably WAY nervous and unhappy and scared despite your best efforts. I'm sure he'll be much happier and also be well taken care of at the sanctuary. Just keep remembering you saved the poor thing's life. Are you allowed to go visit??

Molly

kimlovescats
12-13-2002, 11:07 PM
The sanctuary is in another town ... I'm not sure exactly where it is located. I did receive a phone call about him and his sibling though, that they made it safely to the sanctuary, and that the woman who runs it, will be working with them to try and tame them some as well! I was so happy to hear that!!!

Candy16
12-14-2002, 10:32 AM
I'm sure you did the right thing, Kim, though it was a tough decision. Hopefully, you can track the progress of both the kittens, and maybe then you won't feel so bad about having to have given them up! ;) Kudos to you, Kim, for doing the right thing!! :D