PDA

View Full Version : The KONG dog!

wolf_Q
12-13-2002, 02:29 AM
Look who is the newest member of the KONG COMPANY (http://www.kongcompany.com) website? :D Just click that link, go to picture gallery, and search for "husky." There is a puppy on there that looks JUST LIKE Nebo did when he was tiny! *Aww*

Nebo LOVES the kongs...he has several different kinds. He loves it even without treats inside! His favorite thing to do is to carry it around the house, hold his head up as high as possible, then just drop it (he also does this in people's laps)! He loves to watch it bounce. Quite often he will purposely drop it down the stairs to chase it...silly dog. :rolleyes: I bought a smaller kong for Smokey, and he seems to think that one is also for him (of course Reggie thinks that they ALL belong to him....he steals them and hides them in his crate).

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p78209f8dd5a0560c322af502a889d084/fcf0440e.jpg

What is your dog's favorite way to play with a kong?

aly
12-13-2002, 02:42 AM
HAhaha, thats so funny he stole Smokey's kong.

I saw him on the website! Cute pic :) He sounds so goofy and silly. I bet its quite entertaining to watch him play.

Both my dogs pretty much ignore kongs if there's no food in it.

anna_66
12-13-2002, 07:01 AM
Hey Nebo, your famous! How did you get your picture on there?!
I'm not famous or anything, but there was one on there who lookded kinda like me, see..
http://www.kongcompany.com/database/pictures/1428.jpg
Aren't Kongs just the best, specially when mom puts GOOD stuff in them:D

Cisco's Mom
12-13-2002, 09:29 AM
What a cute pic.! I bought Cisco a kong, but he didn't take to it so I gave it to our parrot who loves it! Thanks for sharing.:)

Kfamr
12-13-2002, 01:04 PM
LOl....... Mandy's Smokey and PC are on there.:D

Kfamr
12-13-2002, 01:07 PM
Lol... Simba must be the only "dog" that doesn't see the point in kongs.

DogMania
12-13-2002, 06:13 PM
Misty doesnt like the rubbery toys she likes the string bones so she can get the house messier then it already is....

Cookiebaker
12-14-2002, 09:44 AM
Everyday we stuff Malone's kong with his lunch & freeze it over night. He knows how to wolf it down, and we are trying things to make it more challanging. Like smearing a little liverworst (uggh) in the very back, block the entrance with baby carrots. Usually it takes him about 15 minutes. Now he sits and stares at the freezer drooling. Silly boy!

I love the colors of your kongs! Is it a special kind?? All we have around here are red "normal" and black "heavy chewers". I have never seen that kind before.

ramanth
12-16-2002, 12:11 PM
Here's Kia's fave position for getting her treats out. :D

http://kia.cutestsandgirl.com/images/kiamisc/kiakong3.jpg

I'm gonna submit it to the site. :)

Dixieland Dancer
12-16-2002, 12:27 PM
Cute picture of Kia, Kimmy!

Rachel
12-17-2002, 06:50 AM
That's a great picture of Kia with her kong.

Rachel
12-17-2002, 06:54 AM
Originally posted by Cookiebaker
I love the colors of your kongs! Is it a special kind?? All we have around here are red "normal" and black "heavy chewers". I have never seen that kind before.

Hannah has one of the red, white, and blue ones as well as the red one. They were advertised as *anniversary kongs* when we bought it at Petsmart. I haven't seen them recently.

wolf_Q
12-18-2002, 01:58 AM
Thanks everyone!

LOL@ the pic if Kia!! I'm sure she will become an official member of the Kong Wall of Fame very soon with that!

I'm not sure if they still sell the red/white/blue kongs. That's probably why I got them for so cheap....99 cent bin at Petco. :D Nebo also has a red kong, and one of those milkbone balls. Lady killed her kongs, so Melissa just bought her a black ultra king kong...lets hope it lasts.

Cookiebaker
12-18-2002, 05:41 AM
Originally posted by wolf_Q
Thanks everyone!

LOL@ the pic if Kia!! I'm sure she will become an official member of the Kong Wall of Fame very soon with that!

I'm not sure if they still sell the red/white/blue kongs. That's probably why I got them for so cheap....99 cent bin at Petco. :D Nebo also has a red kong, and one of those milkbone balls. Lady killed her kongs, so Melissa just bought her a black ultra king kong...lets hope it lasts.

$.99????????? :eek: We just Malone a new red one and I'm pretty sure it was $17! :eek:

anna_66
12-18-2002, 06:22 AM

$.99????????? :eek: We just Malone a new red one and I'm pretty sure it was $17! :eek:
WOW! We got ours at Super Pets for $10 & one for Huney at a tractor supply store for only $8!, and they are supposed to be the most indestructible ones. I wish I'd have gotten mine for $.99, I bet you do too Anna:p

And Amy, The black one is the one I got for Angus, & so far, so good, he's made a few *dents* in it, but nothing going all the way through! So tell Melissa good luck!

ramanth
12-18-2002, 09:06 AM
Thanks guys.

I'd love to see more pics of other pooches and their kongs.

Originally posted by wolf_Q
She sure did. :)

wolf_Q
12-18-2002, 09:15 AM

Well, one day I decided after hearing about these "kong" toys, I would go and buy one for Nebo....I knew they were very expensive, but I was willing to pay for it. We were on our way to Petsmart, but decided to stop at Shopko first...glad we did! They were clearancing all of their kong toys, so I think the red one was only around $1.99, same as the milkbone ball...I paid around $6 for the molecube ball or whatever it's called.

And then the manager decided to basically throw all of the clearance items into a $.99 bin in the grooming. So I ended up with those 3 red/white/blue kongs (along with some booties worth $24.99, toothbrush/toothpaste set, raincoat, and who knows what else...) for actually $.79, because I get a discount. :D I also bought a huge bag full of nice stuffed dog toys at Petco out of that bin earlier.

I got one of those edible nylabones worth $10 for $.40 yesterday too lmao. I love clearance items!! So....I'm not sure if Petsmart has a clearance bin....but Petco (at least ours) has 2....and on Saturdays everything in there is an additional 75% off. Check them out sometime, you might find something for dirt cheap. :)