PDA

View Full Version : tis the season....

toughCookie
12-12-2002, 09:18 PM
..... to be jolly, merry, and NICE! so those of you that don't have nice posts, don't post at all(oops that would be one of my last posts):eek:

how about, we share our Christmas traditions with each other?
you know, when and how you go about opening gifts, what you have to eat on Christmas, or xmas eve, etc etc.

in my family, we always have sausage pies on xmas eve. will post recipe later, hard to explain it now. we open our gifts to each other on christmas eve, then on xmas day morning we get what santa brought us. we always open gifts one person at a time, the youngest first, to the oldest. sometimes when theres alot of kids, or a big bunch of us together, we let the kids go first, then the adults open theirs, one at a time.

do you remeber not being able to get to sleep, thinking about Santa and all the excitemnet of the holiday? my parents would tell me, if you don't go to sleep, Santa won't come here.:eek:

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-12-2002, 09:28 PM
WELL.... my parents told me if we didn't go to sleep he would spit in our eyes... (my parents are really great people)

Our traditions are to go to both of my grandparents houses... to open gifts...Now since I am married I have to fit his family into the mix... We usually eat turkey or ham.. My favorite food is turkey and dressing so I eat a lot over the holidays.

I remember being a kid and trying to get to sleep to see what Santa brought the next day... What I remember most is in the morning getting up real early to go sneek a peak before mom and dad got up and how pretty everything was with the christmas tree lights shining off the presents... ... now my tradition is keeping the oraniments and lights ON the tree.. with T & J that is a lot of work....:D ;)

COCatMama
12-12-2002, 09:28 PM
Tis the season for office parties with free booze and food *EG*

toughCookie
12-12-2002, 11:31 PM
and, for family being together!

Nomilynn
12-12-2002, 11:35 PM
Christmas morning we get up and open stockings. Then we have breakfast - either pancakes or waffles that my dad makes, and while he's cooking the rest of us get dressed and showered and all that (he ALWAYS get's dressed before he starts moving around the house, so he's always all ready to go!). After we've eaten, we open the tree presents. That usually takes a couple hours. We like to take our time. After those are all opened, mom starts on dinner while the rest of us clean up the wrapping paper and mess and vacuum (we have to or the dogs eat paper :rolleyes: ). Then we have dinner around 4pm! It's always a great day! :D