PDA

View Full Version : Card swap?

Casper
11-01-2013, 08:03 AM
This morning I realized that its finally November... but I haven't heard any talk of a card swap for this year.
I forgot who managed it last year, but if they aren't up to it this year, I don't mind taking over. Or someone else can... it doesn't matter. :) Its just something I look forward to every year and would hate to see it fizzle out after so many successful years.

Does anyone know what's going on?

Karen
11-01-2013, 09:40 AM
You could run it this year! Isabel ran it last year, but hasn't been over here on Pet Talk much, so you could do it, as it should start up soon!

cassiesmom
11-01-2013, 10:57 AM
I am out for this year's card swap. I don't want to commit to it, then not be able to follow through. Church choir is going to keep me busy with three big services in a 2-week period - Thanksgiving, first Sunday of Advent. Plus the Christmas program is now scheduled for 2 services, afternoon and early evening. So I will pass this year. I am still very thankful for all of the special people, cats, dogs and pets of Pet Talk!

Casper
11-01-2013, 11:15 AM
Alright, I'll run the card swap this year unless anyone objects.
I'll make a separate thread this evening with all the usual instructions/info.

No worries if there aren't as many people participating as in past years. Even just a handful of people will do. :)

Catty1
11-01-2013, 02:01 PM
I'm in! :)

phesina
11-01-2013, 02:40 PM
Me (and the cats) too! ;)

Pinot's Mom
11-02-2013, 07:26 AM
Count us in. :)

Casper
11-02-2013, 08:24 AM
Glad to see you guys signing up! :)

The official thread can be found here (http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/showthread.php?184251-***Holiday-Card-Swap-2013***).

Randi
11-02-2013, 11:24 AM
I will post here rather than in the official thread, since I can't join the card swap. However, I would like to send a card by e-mail to the ones who want if that's possible. Perhaps we could do both?

The first few years we had a card swap, I joined, but with 20-30 cards or more it is just too expensive for me to send from Europe. :(

Casper
11-02-2013, 12:45 PM
I will post here rather than in the official thread, since I can't join the card swap. However, I would like to send a card by e-mail to the ones who want if that's possible. Perhaps we could do both?

The first few years we had a card swap, I joined, but with 20-30 cards or more it is just too expensive for me to send from Europe. :(

A virtual card swap sounds nice. :) I would be up for participating in both the normal card swap and the virtual one if someone wants to organize the virtual one.

Randi
11-02-2013, 01:31 PM
I'm prepared to organize the e-mail card one if anyone is interested. :) For many of us, the postage is so expensive now ($2,62 just for stamp here) and I believe that's the reason so many won't participate in the real card swap. Of course, some are busy, too.

Those who want to do that, send me a PM.