PDA

View Full Version : Purrayers for Kyubey please

snakemama
10-22-2013, 11:23 PM
Hello PT

I've been SUPER bust wt work, another 50+ hour week this week, so I haven't been on much...but my Kyubey needs some good PT vibes.

He has been losing weight for a few weeks now, and at first I blamed Katie. She's a food hog AND she keeps him running around like crazy. So I put out more food, and in two different places so he has easy access to it...but he kept losing weight.

When the diarrhea started, we made him an appointment to see the white-coats.

I assumed they would find worms, so I brought a fecal sample....no worms. Uh oh. Bloodwork showed that he has a pretty serious infection going on, and X-rays showed a LOT of inflammation in his GI tract. Luckily, there is no sign of a blockage, foreign body, or mass on the X-rays.

So he got fluids and injectable antibiotics, plus he was sent home with his old nemesis....clavamox! He HATES the stuff. Last night he was too tired and feeling too crummy to put up much of a fight, but I think he was feeling better tonight because I almost couldn't get it into him!

Sadly, he has lost almost a pound. He was 8lbs last time we brought him in, so that's more than 10% of his body weight. I was worried that he'd have a hard time keeping warm, so today I got him a heated cat bed, and he LOVES it, so I think I was right.

Hubby says Kyubey's appetite seemed better today, which is good. Unfortunately, the clavamox seems to be making his diarrhea worse. I'm going to get up early and call the vet and see if I can get him more fluids.

I HATE feeling so helpless....now that I KNOW how sick he is, I can see it and I wonder how I didn't see it before. I feel awful for delaying, and I'm hoping he feels better asap, my poor little guy. :(

Here he is in his heated bed:

https://scontent-a-pao.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/1379818_10200264558171465_248176279_n.jpg

Jasper tried to get into that bed earlier, which was quite a scene...Kyubey weighs 7lbs, Jasper weight 25!

Karen
10-22-2013, 11:27 PM
Awww, prayers on the way, and warm thoughts being sent his way.

katladyd
10-23-2013, 02:55 AM
I am sending prayers out and keeping a good thought for Kyubey. In that photo, he looks so much like my Kimba! He must be a beautiful kitty. Get well soon, Kyubey!:love::love:

phesina
10-23-2013, 05:53 AM
Prayers and good wishes and healing energies are on the way for dear Kyubey. Be well soon, sweetie!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
10-23-2013, 07:06 AM
Saying prayers for dear Kyubey :love: :love:

catmandu
10-23-2013, 09:23 AM
Sometimes we just assume that our Cats are all right as they are so good at hiding any health issues.:love::cool::love:
We are sending all our purrayers and good wishes to Kyubey that all is well.:love::love::love:

mbsmum
10-23-2013, 09:54 AM
Good wishes and prayers to Kubey on the way

Catty1
10-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Get better soon, Kyubey! :love::love: Maybe ask the vet about some yogurt in between doses of clavamox to keep the 'good' bacterial in the digestive system.

IRescue452
10-23-2013, 12:22 PM
I hope you can figure out what going on with him and get him back to good health.

mrspunkysmom
10-23-2013, 05:50 PM
Hugs and Purrayers for you and Kyubey

snakemama
10-23-2013, 11:13 PM
Thank you everyone. Kyubey's diarrhea is not clearing up, so he'll be going back for fluids soon. He does seem to be FEELING a little bit better, which is nice. I will feel better when his poop is solid though.

Karen
10-24-2013, 12:45 AM
You know you are amongst fellow pet lovers when we can talk about poop consistency without flinching. Glad he's doing somewhat better, hope he keeps improving!

Barbara
10-24-2013, 08:22 AM
I hope that all that treatment and lots of TLC get the sweet boy better. He has been through so much- I know he is a little fighter.

krazyaboutkatz
10-24-2013, 12:16 PM
I hope he feels better soon and that you can clear up his diarrhea. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.

snakemama
10-24-2013, 11:59 PM
Hooray! Today his poop was 'soft serve' texture and not liquid. Progress! He's also feeling well enough to fight me so hard that I almost can't get his clavamox into him AT ALL. I think that's a good thing...

LoL Karen, you're so right about animal lovers and conversation...

Karen
10-25-2013, 12:48 AM
Aww, good to hear he's doing better!

krazyaboutkatz
10-25-2013, 11:57 AM
This is great news!!!:)

snakemama
10-25-2013, 05:56 PM
Hehe, he's feeling well enough again to gallop all over the house with Katie in the middle of the night! He should be finished with his Clavamox on Monday, when he'll be headed back to the vet for a re-check.

Catty1
10-25-2013, 06:30 PM
Back when he was Parsley!

http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/017-4.jpg

Sleeping after meals...
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/003-2.jpg

Look at those teensy weensy toes!
http://i206.photobucket.com/albums/bb152/cebogart/Pets/002-1.jpg

He's done so well and come such a long way. Bless you! I am so glad he is feeling better! :love::love: