PDA

View Full Version : Pumpkin patch Thursday 556!

RICHARD
10-17-2013, 11:09 AM
All the talk about pumpkin drinks has made me thirsty.

I drives me out of my gourd.

Let's do a pumpkin Thursday and have some pumpkin bread on the side....

With nuts.

One Pumpkin ----------, DONE!

I may have to get the ORC in here to help me carve some of these suckers.

smokey the elder
10-17-2013, 01:37 PM
I'll contribute a pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and cider (hard or soft, depending on your preference!)

RICHARD
10-17-2013, 03:02 PM
I'll contribute a pumpkin pie with whipped cream, and cider (hard or soft, depending on your preference!)

I think a soft cider is the ticket, We have baseball later on!

Thanks.....

RICHARD
10-18-2013, 09:58 AM
I had the tube on and a commercial ran about a farm here locally that is ramping up the fall/Halloween/thanksgiving season.

They spoke about coming in for pumpkins, breads and PUMPKIN ICE CREAM.

They then cut to a soft serve cone with a gorgeous serving of orange-y pumpkin ice cream...

Anyone?:D

Queen of Poop
10-19-2013, 09:37 PM
Mmmm, I love pumpkin. I'd try the ice cream. Last weekend was our thanksgiving, I was fortunate to pick up two pumpkin pies with gluten free crusts. It took me just a couple of days to consume both, by myself!

Karen
10-20-2013, 08:49 PM
Yum! I recently had some pumpkin cheesecake - yummy! And yesterday was the church pumpkin fair, although I didn't make pumpkin cookies - I make those once a year at Thanksgiving, because the recipe makes a ton of 'em, and the way I frost them is a bit time-consuming, so they are for special occasions only! I make brown sugar bunnies - but in the shape of leaves, sprinkled with color sugar to be different colors, and orange ginger spritz cookies, and I know some folks are hoarding them at home!

So cookies, anyone?

Catty1
10-21-2013, 09:12 AM
I don't have anything with sugar in it in real life, but this is virtual - so BRING IT ON!!!!

I weighed myself this morning for the first time in weeks and am at 145 (pounds, NOT kilos! LOL). Haven't been that weight since I was 17. Started out at 196 last year - woot!

(My doctor's scale adds 5 lbs, but it's progress!)

RICHARD
10-21-2013, 02:51 PM
Mmmm, I love pumpkin. I'd try the ice cream. Last weekend was our thanksgiving, I was fortunate to pick up two pumpkin pies with gluten free crusts. It took me just a couple of days to consume both, by myself!

Yea!

I love it, no guilt........:D

Karen,

Whenever I think of ginger cookies, I think of 1971. There was an earthquake on Feb 9 and because the electric was out for a while, my mom made us tomato soup......I wanted something to dip into my soup so I took some Ginger Snaps and dunked them. LOL, funny what fear makes you do!

C1, Congrats!

You have to remember that clothes do add to your totals........

refills, cake, cookies for everyone!

DONE!

Karen
10-21-2013, 09:05 PM
Still no frost here, so some iced tea, please, bartender? And some (calorie free because it's Thursdays) pumpkin cheesecake! On the Chicken Show today, we had a guest from FitzGerald, Georgia - where there are chickens roaming the streets - protected basically jungle fowl as used to exist in Myanmar and Vietnam! I bet they'd love pumpkins to munch on!