PDA

View Full Version : A farewell to Delaware

pomtzu
10-12-2013, 11:50 AM
It's finally happening, and next Saturday, the 19th, I'll be on the road to North Carolina. I plan to leave about 6 a.m. which will get me to my destination by mid to late afternoon, depending how fast I decide to drive, and how many stops I make.

This past week I've been wrapping up most of the last minute things and getting everything to the storage unit that I rented that I will keep, but won't be able to fit in my car. I put all my summer things in there too. I still have odds and ends to pack - like this computer - and things I will need until I'm ready to walk out the door - but other than that, I will be done when I take the last bunch of things to storage on Monday. My son will take over a couple of pieces that I can't manage, when he gets someone to help him with the lifting.

I'm so ready to go - this has been dragging on since May, and it will be so nice to get unpacked and not be living out of boxes, totes, and space bags! When I was out and about this past week, doing this and that, I found myself thinking......."I'll never go here again - I'll never see so-and-so again - I'll never see this again - I'll never do that again", and on and on. It brought on a little touch of nostalgia, but not enough to keep me here, that's for sure. After 45 years here and looking at the same old/same old, I really need a change of scenery! I'll get back now and then, and probably more than I think I will, but I will have a new home to return to.

Just thought I'd get this posted now, since I don't know if I'll have time to get back to PT before I take the computer down for a much needed rest. Probably the next time you hear from me - I'll be in NC and ready to start a new chapter. Wish me and Wolfy luck. And yes - Myndi and Sparky's cremains will make the journey too - along with tons of pictures. :D

Talk to y'all again when I get settled.

Karen
10-12-2013, 11:56 AM
Oh, Bon Voyage on the move and the trip! This is so exciting, and I bet Wolfy will have a great time adding to the adventure of it all!

maid25cats
10-12-2013, 01:34 PM
Have a safe trip:)

mrspunkysmom
10-12-2013, 01:49 PM
An early welcome to the South. don't leave all your summer clothes behind. :)

phesina
10-12-2013, 04:21 PM
Ellie, safe trip and safe move and safe HOME!!!!!

All the best to you with it.

{{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}} and ~~~~~~~PURRS~~~~~~~ and :love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:
from Pat and cats

moosmom
10-12-2013, 05:10 PM
Ellie,

Have wonderful safe journey!!! :love::love:

Bengalz
10-12-2013, 05:16 PM
Wishing you and Wolfy a great journey into your next chapter. I look forward to hearing about all the new experiences. I am so happy you have Wolfy to help you start anew - what a wonderful friend and companion. Lots and lots of hugs to you both, Betty :love::love:

lizbud
10-12-2013, 06:04 PM
Wishing you & Wolfy the best of luck traveling to your new home. I hope the trip goes very smoothly & you both
get settled in quickly. We'll all be here waiting to hear any new Wolfy travel stories.:) (((hugs))) to you both.:love:

Litterati
10-12-2013, 06:34 PM
Safe trip and much happiness in your new home to you and Wolfy! :)

Felicia's Mom
10-12-2013, 07:17 PM
Wishing you and Wolfy a safe trip.

chocolatepuppy
10-12-2013, 09:34 PM
Have a safe trip Ellie! :)

Grace
10-12-2013, 10:03 PM
Fair winds and following seas

I figure you'll go over at least one bridge on your way - perhaps the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel?

(I went over that once - the day I moved from Norfolk to Newport. Before that it was the ferry boat.)

Catty1
10-12-2013, 10:04 PM
Travel safely. I am looking forward to your first message from your new home! :)

cassiesmom
10-12-2013, 11:50 PM
Wishing you and Wolfy a safe and successful move!

Scooter's Mom
10-13-2013, 02:11 AM
Have a wonderful trip! Safe travels to you and to Wolfy. :)

Asiel
10-13-2013, 07:14 AM
Wishing you the best of luck on your journey----drive safely. So glad you have the little fur ball to keep you company,I'm sure he'll make the trip something to remember-----can't wait to hear of his adventures along the way. Sounds like a wonderful new chapter in your life :D

Alysser
10-13-2013, 09:50 AM
Have a safe trip! :) Sounds like a new adventure for sure!

robinh
10-13-2013, 07:15 PM
Wishing you and Wolfy a safe trip. And a wonderful new start because you deserve it.

pomtzu
10-14-2013, 07:02 AM
I figure you'll go over at least one bridge on your way - perhaps the Chesapeake Bay Bridge Tunnel?

No - no ---- I don't do tunnels that run under water!!!! :eek: - unless someone else is driving and I can close my eyes and not see the water running down the tunnel walls. Besides - that's out of the way for the route I take. I will go over the Bay Bridge just east across the bay from Annapolis tho. Then around DC and get on I-95 south to Richmond, then I-85 south to Greensboro, and finally I-40 west to Hickory. My son gave me his Garmin that he doesn't use anymore since he has GPS on his phone and in his car too. Now I need a quick crash course on how to use it. As he delights in telling me - I'm techno-challenged. That's why I'll print out the directions from Google Maps, too - just in case! :rolleyes:

Computer gets broken down today or tomorrow, so thought I'd get this quick post in before that. I may still be back for a "final" post from DE tho - if I have a few minutes to spare. Yeah - sure!!!!

Thanks for all the well wishes. :love:

Later........................
Ellie & WolfMan

Queen of Poop
10-14-2013, 07:16 AM
Wishing you and Wolfy safe travels and a quick settle in to your new home.

DJFyrewolf36
10-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Wishing you safe travels! It isn't easy picking up and moving a long distance but it sure is exciting! (Well it was for me, at any rate.)

lolli94
10-14-2013, 03:27 PM
Good luck to you and Wolfy! Hope he travels well! Safe travels and hope all goes well as you adjust to your new HOME!!!!

Roxyluvsme13
10-14-2013, 08:22 PM
Wishing you a safe trip and a big ol' welcome to the southeast :D We're all going to sound like a bunch of hicks to ya for a while, but you'll get used to it and maybe develop your own southern accent ;).

katladyd
10-15-2013, 03:20 AM
Yeah, the Southern accent will throw you for awhile. When my son was a baby, we moved from California to Arkansas temporarily for my ex-husband's job. Talk about culture shock! I couldn't understand half of what anyone was saying and they had trouble understanding me! It all worked out, though. Southern people are some of the nicest and friendliest people in the entire country! I really enjoyed living there.

krazyaboutkatz
10-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Have a safe trip and I hope that everything will go smoothly with your move.:)

Medusa
10-16-2013, 09:18 AM
Wow. Guess I need to check PT more often. Wishing you Godspeed. Journey well. :love:

Bonny
10-17-2013, 06:22 AM
Pomtzu, you & Wolfie had already headed out. Have a great adventure & a safe trip. :)

pomtzu
10-17-2013, 11:47 AM
Well, PT'ers - this is it. I will be breaking the computer down when I finish this post. I'm so ready to go. I'm sitting here looking at everything that I want to get in my car, but I don't know - it looks like an awful lot. I'll cram as much as I can, and the rest will have to go to storage if I can't make it all fit.

I'm out of here - talk to y'all when I get to NC.........:D

phesina
10-17-2013, 12:10 PM
Bon voyage, Ellie! Safe journey to you, and safe home!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

lizbud
11-22-2013, 11:41 AM
Well, PT'ers - this is it. I will be breaking the computer down when I finish this post. I'm so ready to go. I'm sitting here looking at everything that I want to get in my car, but I don't know - it looks like an awful lot. I'll cram as much as I can, and the rest will have to go to storage if I can't make it all fit.

I'm out of here - talk to y'all when I get to NC.........:D

Just wondering how your trip went and hoping you & Wolfie have settled in by now.:)