PDA

View Full Version : Malala on Daily Show

mrspunkysmom
10-10-2013, 07:30 PM
I don't think this is controversial, but I also placed it in Dog House. Good interview.

http://www.thedailyshow.com/watch/tue-october-8-2013/malala-yousafzai

Karen
10-10-2013, 08:30 PM
Excellent, well worth the time to watch it. She is a remarkable young woman, even in deciding how she would react when the Talib came!

cassiesmom
10-11-2013, 12:07 AM
I don't regularly watch the Daily Show but I heard about this on the radio. The announcer said that Malala had Jon Stewart at a complete loss for words at one point. Also told her outright that he hoped to make her laugh, but he didn't poke fun at her or go for laughs at her expense.

Karen
10-11-2013, 11:58 AM
I don't regularly watch the Daily Show but I heard about this on the radio. The announcer said that Malala had Jon Stewart at a complete loss for words at one point. Also told her outright that he hoped to make her laugh, but he didn't poke fun at her or go for laughs at her expense.

You should watch the segment - it doesn't take long! He does mention that they spoke before the segment began, and it made him very happy when he made her laugh. And he does make her smile during the segment!

cassiesmom
10-10-2014, 05:56 PM
I heard on the news that Malala won the Nobel Peace Prize :D She's a remarkable young woman.

chocolatepuppy
10-13-2014, 05:19 AM
What a brave young woman!