PDA

View Full Version : Wheel chair cat fined for no leash

mrspunkysmom
10-10-2013, 05:12 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/bestoftv/2013/10/10/owner-of-handicapped-cat-gets-fined.cnn.html

catmandu
10-11-2013, 09:25 AM
That sounds cruel but if I was in a chair , I would have a leash as that is not good having a Cat that can get loose on you and run off and become lost.

lizbud
10-11-2013, 11:32 AM
If you were wheelchair bound you wouldn't be "running" off anywhere. I think it's dumb to cite the owner for no leash on the cat.

katladyd
10-11-2013, 01:38 PM
That sounds cruel but if I was in a chair , I would have a leash as that is not good having a Cat that can get loose on you and run off and become lost.

Gary, the cat is in a wheelchair, his back legs do not work. I can see having him on a leash because he could not really defend himself or run away if another animal attacked him. That just makes sense.

mrspunkysmom
10-11-2013, 05:11 PM
Gary, the cat is in a wheelchair, his back legs do not work. I can see having him on a leash because he could not really defend himself or run away if another animal attacked him. That just makes sense.

Perhaps, but I don't think he can run near as fast in that contraption as a fully-abled cat. A warning would have sufficed and if she did it again, then a ticket.

catmandu
10-12-2013, 09:23 AM
Oh am I dumb , I thought the owner was in a wheel chair.
DOH!!!:confused: