PDA

View Full Version : Banfield Pet Hospitals and Vets

mrspunkysmom
10-06-2013, 10:03 PM
Has anyone here used Banfield of know of someone that does?

Just on a whim (while buying cat litter) I asked about their fees and payment plans. They have a contract based upon your pets needs. Not sure if I want to do this or not.

what do y'all think?

Freedom
10-07-2013, 07:04 AM
Search online, there are TONS of complaints about Banfield, across the country.

The vets are employees; it is not THEIR business. They are required to produce a certain amount of billables each month. So one complaint is that they run many tests which are not needed.

There are also many complaints about those contracts, what they do and do not cover. Research online!~

pomtzu
10-07-2013, 07:20 AM
I was hoping I'd see some input here, since I'll need to find a new vet in NC very shortly. Of course I won't need one right away, but I'd like to have one lined up for when Wolf Man needs one. I believe my niece goes to a Banfield facility at her local Petsmart too - and from what she's told me of the outrageous charges she has paid for her Pug and his allergies, then I plan to stay away from them if possible. I'd love to find a vet down there like I have here - private practice with one vet - no fancy office with all the fancy trimmings - just a no nonsense old fashioned type of vet practice, yet one very up to date with all of the newest info available. Leaving Dr Annie is one thing I'll really miss about moving.

Freedom
10-07-2013, 08:56 AM
Ellie, you should search on Angie's List for the new vet and other things you will need once you move.

You can also learn a bit on craigslist forums for the location.

Litterati
10-07-2013, 09:25 AM
Can your current vet recommend someone in the area who would suit your needs? Or is there a vet dept. at a nearby college/university whom you could contact? Sometimes even googling (the area you're moving too) and vets can at least give you a headstart. Or even a business directory/phone book. Then you could call/e-mail, ask all your questions and not have to waste precious time. This sort of research has helped me, so hope this is of help.

catmandu
10-07-2013, 10:23 AM
Sadly this is happening quite a bit with Himan Health Clinics as well, the insatiable greed for money. We pray that you find a Good Vet.:love:

mrspunkysmom
10-08-2013, 06:19 AM
That's why I posted here. I knew y'all would have good info. There's a traveling vet I can use and I found a cheaper vet, but still more than I can afford. I'll have to check out Clemson University.