PDA

View Full Version : Breed guesses?

wolf_Q
10-01-2013, 11:55 AM
Sorry these aren't the best photos, they are taken with my crappy cell phone camera. He is afraid of my big camera he runs and hides. This is my brother-in-law's dog. He got him for free from the classifieds, he was told he was a purebred breed of dog but I'm not going to tell you what that breed is supposed to be yet. Needless to say I don't think he's that purebred breed of dog though I'm certain he could have it in him. He's about 3 years old (sadly this is at least his 3rd home) he's super sweet. Kind of a chicken at first, very submissive, but friendly. Fairly mellow but does love to play. Wasn't good off leash at first but now that he's bonded to his new owner he is. His fur is actually longer than in these photos, I cut his hair. The length I do barely takes anything off his body but his hind/tail were easily more than twice the length they are now and his neck fur was probably 2 inches longer. He absolutely hates to be brushed, especially his tail and hind, and this makes it more manageable and happier grooming experiences for him. He's pretty small, 30 lbs tops, probably less than that but he's thin he would probably weigh 30-35 if he filled out a bit. Oh and in case you don't know my dogs, he's the black and tan one.

Karen
10-01-2013, 12:17 PM
Gordon Setter/Border Collie mix would be my guess, especially from the long tail and ears feathering you described before his trim! His coloring is pretty close to a Gordon, but he's shorter and stockier ...

cassiesmom
10-01-2013, 12:48 PM
He reminds me of chocolatepuppy's Jake :) He's so cute! Hi, Murphy -- welcome to PT! And hi, Keva, Skya, and Killer! And Nebo too!

Taz_Zoee
10-01-2013, 01:15 PM
I see Australian Shepherd. The coloring could be rotty or dobie. :confused: Who knows!? But I don't see a purebred dog there either. I do, however, see one ADORABLE dog! :D

pomtzu
10-01-2013, 02:24 PM
Mostly Border Collie.

lolli94
10-01-2013, 03:49 PM
I see some type of herding breed, but that's all the further I get :confused: Welcome to PT, gorgeous guy!

Litterati
10-01-2013, 05:11 PM
I don't know much about dog breeds but if there is one known as "cute" this is where this doggie fits right in! ;)

wolf_Q
10-03-2013, 09:07 PM
He is supposed to be a purebred australian shepherd, they may have even called him a mini aussie. The last people who had him were getting rid of him because they got him for a herding dog and he has no herding instincts. I don't know if it's an accepted color but I've seen a couple of aussies that were just black and tan. That coloring can occur in a wide variety of breeds.

Karen
10-03-2013, 10:06 PM
He is supposed to be a purebred australian shepherd, they may have even called him a mini aussie. The last people who had him were getting rid of him because they got him for a herding dog and he has no herding instincts. I don't know if it's an accepted color but I've seen a couple of aussies that were just black and tan. That coloring can occur in a wide variety of breeds.

Coloring yes, but Aussies don't normally have the long hair you describe, but often have no tail or a bob tail naturally, although there are a few with full length tails. It just doesn't have the face or build, either! A cute dod whatever he is!

WILDCATS
10-04-2013, 10:34 AM
:love: I am not really sure but he is cute and just like to say your huskies are stunning. ;)