PDA

View Full Version : A warning about mousies

Nomilynn
12-12-2002, 01:15 AM
Today when I was getting ready to take a shower, I notices Tilly and Nutmeg in the spare bedroom playing near the heater (it's the electric kind that run along the wall near the ground, like the kind Tama (I think???) sits on in that really cute picture). Anyway, I went to see what they were doing and there was a mousie IN the heater!! It's not a big deal because I never turn the heat on in that room, but I thought if they have mousies hidden in the vents downstairs we could have roasted mousie! So please, check your heating vents, especially if you haven't used them for a couple days and then are about to turn the heat back on again. It's a good place to hide the mousie and then have a challenge getting it back out again. Don't want anyone to have a fire!! :eek: ;)

zippy-kat
12-12-2002, 01:38 AM
"Mousies roasting over an open fire..."

:) Good advice! Thanks!

Barbara
12-12-2002, 03:16 AM
You're cats ARE spoiled. Wanting grilled mousies instead of raw:D ;) :D

Nomilynn
12-12-2002, 03:20 AM
Originally posted by Barbara
You're cats ARE spoiled. Wanting grilled mousies instead of raw:D ;) :D

Hahaha!!! Then need to learn how to turn on the burner then!! :D

neko1
12-12-2002, 05:29 AM
Good advice! (yep that's my Tama- the little heater humper)

Nomilynn
12-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by neko1
yep that's my Tama- the little heater humper

LOL!!! :D :D :D

sasvermont
12-12-2002, 03:03 PM
My guys do knock mousies under things but fortunately my heater is hooked onto a wall, about midway up the living room wall. I do have electric baseboard heat as well, but seldom use it. I will, however, check in them if I do turn them on. Gosh, there could be plenty of toys stashed in them by now!

Thanks for the warning.

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid42/p0e88b821eaff51235e9c306814b0e3b8/fcf0bee9.jpg
Last winter - Miley warming her tiny butt while sitting next to some unknown object!

NoahsMommy
12-12-2002, 03:24 PM
hee hee.

You guys are too funny!! :) Thanks for the laugh!

Miley looks so cute next to her little raindeer friend. :D

ramanth
12-12-2002, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the warning and smile. :D

I have those kinds of heaters too, but Zam's mousie never leaves from her spot under the bed or else Kia will eat it.

However, I know how hot those heaters get and Zam will sit on it! :eek:

yowsas!

All Creatures Great And Small
12-12-2002, 05:11 PM
Heater humper!!!:D LOL!!! Hopefully with the new space heater he doesn't have to *ahem* undignify himself that much to get a little warmth....:D . My mom's boy kitty is SUCH a heater humper with her electric baseboard heat, that he actually SINGED HIS FUR one day and didn't even know or care - just sat there while the smell of burnt cat fur wafted through the air.......