PDA

View Full Version : Fall weather ... First frost ...

Karen
09-17-2013, 08:59 PM
So it is that time of year - Dad and I were discussing today how the weather forecasters like to make a big deal out of everything - maybe some media consultant told them to do that to increase ratings ... but the "tease" for every weather report yesterday was "Frost Warning!!!!!!!" when that only applied to a few towns in one northernmost county. Sigh.

So I figured I'd start a thread, and we could all note when we get our first frost. Be sure, if your :location" is obscure, to mention at least the general area in which you live!

No frost yet here in Waltham ... although I always look forward to the first killing frost to wipe out the ragweed pollen for the season!

Alysser
09-17-2013, 10:08 PM
Central Jersey, we have a frost warning tonight. According to my Iphone 4s, it's 48 degrees, I can't see it being cold enough for frost. But then again, my "Iphone" is apparently outdated - so what do I know:D.

My Uncle got some of his hunting gear out today, that's when you know fall is fast approaching, he can't wait to get back out in the woods :p

chocolatepuppy
09-18-2013, 05:27 AM
I love fall so looking forward to the first frost! It's only 43* here right now but no frost yet. I think of it as 'killing off fleas'.:D

chocolatepuppy
09-23-2013, 06:56 PM
Chance of frost here in NE Ohio tonight!;)

Karen
09-23-2013, 09:00 PM
None here yet, but they are thrilled to announce the chance of it in the northern hills of Worcester county ...

Karen
10-15-2013, 11:23 AM
Still no frost yet for us? How about everyone else?

I did actually put on a sweater to go out the last two evenings - one sign that fall is here!

Catty1
10-15-2013, 11:43 AM
We've had lots of frost...even a miniscule hit of snow. We're a few degrees above freezing during the day and a few below at night.

Got the comforter back on the bed!;)

Karen
10-16-2013, 06:24 PM
No frost anywhere in sight - the lowest predicted nighttime temps for the next week is 40 ° F - well above freezing.

Glacier
10-18-2013, 01:50 PM
First frost! ROFL! My area gets an average of 80 frost free days a year. I had to scrape my windshield for the first time in early August! We've had frost every night for at least 5 weeks. Temps are still getting to 5-8C during the day although we have had snow and there's plenty of snow even on the low hills now!

Randi
10-18-2013, 02:14 PM
Denmark: No frost yet, but today it was pretty cold to cycle, had to wear gloves and a knitted hat. In the daytime it's 10-12C and at night around 5-8C. It will soon change. :(

Karen
10-24-2013, 05:56 PM
We are predicted to finally get out first frost tonight!

chocolatepuppy
10-24-2013, 06:39 PM
No real frost yet. It was snowing wet snow this evening and up to 3" predicted tonight!:eek: