PDA

View Full Version : A Mouse In The House

lizbud
09-17-2013, 05:48 PM
My cat Joey has been spending a lot of time down in the basement lately. He would sit on the basement stairway
just staring into the basement floor area. I went down there a couple of times but never saw anything unusual.Yesterday
evening Joey ran into the dining room and sat in the middle of the floor & released something from his mouth.:eek:

It ran so fast under the couch, I could barely get a good look at it & thought it might be a big bug or spider. Since then
it has relocated to my kitchen and it's now in a heating register near the stove. Joey stands guard every night & day waiting
for it to come out.:) I'm heading to the hardware store tomorrow to pick up mousetraps.:rolleyes: What a kitty I have.:D

Karen
09-17-2013, 05:56 PM
At least he is on the job! That mouse is likely already regretting his choice of cold-weather domicile!

snakemama
09-17-2013, 07:40 PM
Joey, Ya gotta KILL those things, us hoomins are not well-equipped to catch them!!

catmandu
09-18-2013, 09:22 AM
My Terrance Jeffrey spend a lot of time in the cellar, as he and Scrapster are not friendly at all.
He is death on mice, and he is a ex stray and he is like Tabby greased lighting, and there is no Mighty Mouse to save the day.:(
Poor little Mice, but they do chew the wiring!!!:(

Taz_Zoee
09-18-2013, 09:50 AM
Isn't it nice to have a mouse alarm? My mouse alarm was my kitty Taz. I always knew when we had "visitors" because he would stand guard in the kitchen staring at the cabinets.
My two felines now aren't as diligent in the mouse field. :rolleyes:
Jax, however, will get any bug he sees, even if I don't see them. :p

lizbud
09-18-2013, 10:03 AM
Yay, Joey caught the mouse last night.:) He is a very patient little hunter. He came racing into the dining room & headed for
the living room when Maggie & Smokey joined the chase. They were so excited by the new game and they made such a racket, joey
released the mouse again & it ran under the couch. :( Geeze. I had it all planned out. Joey gets the mouse, I pick up Joey & set him
outside where he will then release the critter. I got hold of joey's back leg but couldn't hold on because I thought I might hurt him.

I don't want to hurt the mouse (or Joey), just want it out of the house. Back to the drawing board.:D

Chatanuga
09-18-2013, 06:02 PM
When Casey was a kitten at my parents' house, he caught a mouse in their basement. Granted, it had been in a trap but was still alive when he caught it.

http://chatanuga.org/pics/pets/cjones009.jpg

Kevin

mrspunkysmom
09-18-2013, 07:38 PM
Yay, Joey caught the mouse last night.:) He is a very patient little hunter. He came racing into the dining room & headed for
the living room when Maggie & Smokey joined the chase. They were so excited by the new game and they made such a racket, joey
released the mouse again & it ran under the couch. :( Geeze. I had it all planned out. Joey gets the mouse, I pick up Joey & set him
outside where he will then release the critter. I got hold of joey's back leg but couldn't hold on because I thought I might hurt him.

I don't want to hurt the mouse (or Joey), just want it out of the house. Back to the drawing board.:D

He must like to play with his food. Or the mouse is a new toy, a live toy! :D Keep trying, Joey! :D

lizbud
09-20-2013, 01:37 PM
He must like to play with his food. Or the mouse is a new toy, a live toy! :D Keep trying, Joey! :D

Yes it's true, Joey thinks this is all a game & he's gotten bored with it. He would much rather play the laser light game.:)
Well, I bought the traps and if I don't smash my fingers off first, I'll set them today.

Randi
09-20-2013, 02:33 PM
Next time you see the mouse, how about opening a nearby door so the mouse has a chance to escape. ;)

cassiesmom
09-20-2013, 02:45 PM

Lizbud, I'm laughing to myself at the picture of the mouse, Joey, Maggie and Smokey :) Keep trying, Joey!

lizbud
09-20-2013, 05:23 PM
Lizbud, I'm laughing to myself at the picture of the mouse, Joey, Maggie and Smokey :) Keep trying, Joey!

Joey is doing more loafing than waiting in wait for the critter. He doesn't stay awake & alert till about 9PM. He's a part-time mouser.:)
I had to smile at Maggie's efforts to help with the chase the other night. She was positively beaming with excitement at the inside chase. It was
almost as exciting as chasing a squirrel.:)

Karen
09-20-2013, 05:44 PM
Who needs TV, right? Ho have your own suspense show/sitcom right there in real life!

chocolatepuppy
09-20-2013, 08:38 PM
I'll send Jake to ya! He caught a mouse in the yard yesterday.:rolleyes:

lizbud
09-23-2013, 05:38 PM
Next time you see the mouse, how about opening a nearby door so the mouse has a chance to escape. ;)

Randi,

Oh how I wish it could be that easy, but it isn't.:( So far between Joey & the traps, we've sent five mice to heaven.:(
I really have no stomach for this and I wonder why mice came in this year & I never had any when other cats were here.
(never saw any mice, alive or dead before.)

lizbud
09-24-2013, 12:00 PM
Well, saw this article today and think it is great advice. Since I never had the problem before, I thought I never would.
Better late than never I guess. I didn't know mice could enter through the roof.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/wireStory/eek-mouse-house-20356172