PDA

View Full Version : Open Letter To The Person .....

lizbud
09-16-2013, 07:13 PM
Thought I'd pass this along for other Pet Parents. May need a few tissues.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jamie-white/an-open-letter-to-the-per_b_3931576.html

maid25cats
09-16-2013, 07:44 PM
this story has me crying like a baby.

Karen
09-16-2013, 09:31 PM
Aww, well written, sad but honest.

It is hard, though, to know what the person was going through when they dropped the dog off, we cannot assume anything.

lizbud
09-17-2013, 05:13 PM
Aww, well written, sad but honest.

It is hard, though, to know what the person was going through when they dropped the dog off, we cannot assume anything.

That's true Karen, but it is hard to believe that the owner didn't know the difference between a kill and no-kill shelter. I can believe that the owner
was probably tired of dealing with the dog's medical problems.

Karen
09-17-2013, 05:58 PM
That's true Karen, but it is hard to believe that the owner didn't know the difference between a kill and no-kill shelter. I can believe that the owner
was probably tired of dealing with the dog's medical problems.

I know many people who have never heard of the concept of a no-kill shelter - if you are not in the current loop on animal stuff, you may not have heard of their existence.

snakemama
09-17-2013, 07:48 PM
Gaaah, I saw this and it made me so sad. Poor pooch, I'm glad she had a nice place to retire.

I try to refrain from judging the owner though...when I recently had to rehome two cats, NOT rescues in my area would take cats who were peeing around the house, and the local no-kill shelter charged $250 to surrender. I don't know what I would have done if I couldn't come up with the money, especially since our city shelters no longer take in owner surrenders. Her owners may have been absolutely desperate.