PDA

View Full Version : Nail Caps = <3

snakemama
09-15-2013, 10:53 PM
I just wanted to share...Kyubey has developed a habit of scratching the base of the stairs in our condo. Since we're planning on selling the condo within a year, we can't have the carpet shredded!

I picked up two new cat scratchers AND a sisal rug to put where he likes to scratch, but he just moved and scratched NEXT TO THE RUG! Gah! He does like the cat trees, but not well enough to give up on that spot by the stairs. So I got a Sscat, and some deterrent...and I hate seeing him scared by the Ssscat...and the deterrent is not working.

Soooo, I decided to give SoftClaws a try, and I'm in love. He licked his feet for about 30 seconds after I out them on, and then forgot about them! He still makes scratching motions on the stairs, but the caps are blunt enough that they don't sink into the carpet.

Has anyone else tried these? I think next time I'm going to get them in a stylish color so I can tell when they fall off! Hopefully our new place will have hardwood floors so the carpet thing won't be an issue at all, but in the meantime we're all happy with the caps!

Karen
09-15-2013, 11:09 PM
So glad they are such a success! :) I know there are others on Pet Talk who have used them!

catmandu
09-16-2013, 09:15 AM
Ihave never tried them as My Found Hotel Cats would never stand for them, and I would be all scratched up!!!:eek:

Taz_Zoee
09-16-2013, 09:59 AM
One of the adoption counselors at ARF recommends them a lot. We even sell them in the store. I would think the hardest part would be to get them on! But I guess you could take them to the vet or groomer to have them put them on for you if you can't do it. Obviously, you didn't have a problem getting them on Kyubey, so that's great!
I might consider them for Jax. He is a scratcher too! He scratches on Bruce's music equipment and we've used the sticky sheets which work well too.

I think we need to see pictures of Kyubey with his new nails. :D

Randi
09-16-2013, 11:03 AM
I haven't used them on Fister, although years ago I wanted to - but then, I learned how to clip his nails. :) Before that, I probably wouldn't have been able to get them on him, anyway.

I don't know if they're any good or not, there maybe different kinds. I say try it!

Jessika
09-16-2013, 09:02 PM
I have to agree... they are a success... if you can stay on top of replacing them when they fall off! x_X

They were SO helpful with our boy who was not being destructive with clawing and scratching but, rather, he would scratch things just in the normal passing of being a cat... jumping, walking, etc.