PDA

View Full Version : mmmmm...fresh veggies....mmmmm....

Catty1
09-14-2013, 10:18 PM
I am cooking a late dinner; my veggies are steamed white potatoes and carrots fresh from a friend's garden! They are away and said I could have some of the stuff. I dug the potatoes, and a few small carrots.

I feel SO spoiled! I am so looking forward to fresh stuff on my plate! :D

Karen
09-14-2013, 11:58 PM
Yum, carrots fresh from the garden! :) Garden veggies are the best!

cassiesmom
09-15-2013, 12:17 AM
Yummmm! My mom and dad's neighbor had too many tomatoes ripen at the same time- more than she could use, so she brought a few to my mom and dad.

Catty1
09-15-2013, 12:30 AM
Those carrots were AMAZING! Store-bought ones have NO flavour compared to those.

*sigh* If I bought organic would it make a difference? It's a winter veggie so will have to keep track of the farmer's markets.

Freedom
09-15-2013, 06:43 AM
*drooling here* lol. Oh how I miss the days when my Dad had a veggie garden. This time of year, I'd go out and 'pick' our dinner! :D

maid25cats
09-15-2013, 09:05 AM
We always grow tomatoes and peppers.

Last year I added basil and arugula.

This year i added cucumbers, lettuce, parsley and rosemary.

The lettuce takes some time to clean:confused: but the taste of fresh salad is amazing:D

I just tosses out the seeds for the lettuce so when it came up it was too close together so when it rains the fall over onto the ground.

My friend told me when they start coming up she replants them with space so they grow straight up.

Every season I learn something new!

I have also made fresh spaghetti sauce with the fresh tomatoes and the herbs.:D

phesina
09-15-2013, 09:34 AM
Yummmmm!!!!!

Catty1
09-15-2013, 10:32 AM
My friends also have a whack of leaf lettuce. Will have to get some of that!

The potatoes didn't really have flavour, but were light and sort of crumbly and took no time at all to steam. WOW. (We need a drooling icon here! :D )