PDA

View Full Version : I'm sorry

Pinot's Mom
09-13-2013, 08:38 PM
In deference to some recent conversations, and in hopes of possibly mending some hurt hearts, I'd like to start this thread.

I am sorry for any hurtful comments I have made. I did not intentionally harm anyone. I value my PT friends and hope any issues can be resolved. If there is anything you'd like to discuss with me please message me.

Karen
09-13-2013, 09:23 PM
Aww, nice of you, Pinot's Mom. Thank you.

pomtzu
09-14-2013, 06:19 AM
Well - I don't have a clue as to what's going on here, so I'll just mosey on along!:D

Wait a minute - there is something I'd like to discuss with you! And it is: - Let's try to get together before I leave for NC. :)

Pinot's Mom
09-14-2013, 02:34 PM
Ellie, the conversation has been on FB; there's a rather extensive thread about people saying inappropriate things on PT ...etc... I made an uninformed comment in the Freddie thread, other people have done similar things and I thought it would be good to apologize if anyone was offended. Starting a thread would give everyone the same opportunity if they chose to take advantage.

YES we do need to get together! Send me a message (or email or carrier pigeon) with your timetable!

Bengalz
09-14-2013, 02:46 PM
No matter other opinions, you have always been loving and considerate in your posts and I enjoy reading them. Have a wonderful day and thank you for being you:love:.

lizbud
09-14-2013, 06:26 PM
No matter other opinions, you have always been loving and considerate in your posts and I enjoy reading them. Have a wonderful day and thank you for being you:love:.

I knew there was a reason not to join FB.:D I agree with Bengalz. :)Please don't worry about pleasing everyone, all the time. Can't be done, no matter how we try.
Enjoy your evening.:)

mrspunkysmom
09-14-2013, 08:03 PM
Ellie, the conversation has been on FB; there's a rather extensive thread about people saying inappropriate things on PT ...etc... I made an uninformed comment in the Freddie thread, other people have done similar things and I thought it would be good to apologize if anyone was offended. Starting a thread would give everyone the same opportunity if they chose to take advantage.

In regards to threads similar to the Freddie thread, I feel I must say this: I certainly didn't mean to pressure anyone. I truly am sorry if what I thought were encouraging remarks were misconstrued.

However, it is sometimes hard to tell if someone is looking for validation, respect, or support for a decision they feel is right, or for you to encourage them to make a different choice because they are not really sure about their decision. Unless someone makes a definitive statement, it is often hard to tell.

I didn't see that particular thread on PT. There was a different thread. There is a difference between gossip which is demeaning in nature, full of pejoratives, and a caring conversation about someone that seems to have veered from a sensible path.

I certainly have never meant to harm anyone and sorry that any conversation on my part was misinterpreted.

pomtzu
09-15-2013, 06:54 AM
I've been on both sides of this fence. I've said some things that were hurtful and that I truly regretted some time later. There was one incident in particular that I wish had never happened, but the air has since been cleared between us, and I feel so much better for it. I also have been a victim here, and some totally awful things were said about me and another member, and without a shred of truth to what was said. This was said by a member in "good"?? standing, and one that has been here for a long time. Once the truth was brought to light, I still never got an apology, and it hurts to this day, but I'm not going to let that spoil it for the rest of the great people that I have met here, and ones who have become very good friends.