PDA

View Full Version : Colorado people! You're in our prayers!

Karen
09-13-2013, 01:35 PM
We keep hearing about and seeing the terrible flooding in Colorado in some areas, and know at least one whole town is being evacuated. We are keeping all of them in our prayers, as of course evacuations need to include people's animals, and are stressful for everyone concerned. Pets pick up on our stress, so convincing horses, cats - any creature - to evacuate for their own safety is difficult at best!

phesina
09-13-2013, 05:33 PM
You all are in our prayers too.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Catty1
09-13-2013, 05:45 PM
Prayers to people and their pets in Boulder and other areas hit by these floods. I have heard three people are dead. :( More prayers that everyone else makes it through. :love:

Felicia's Mom
09-13-2013, 06:40 PM
Sending prayers and positive thoughts to people in Colorado.

Catty1
09-13-2013, 09:33 PM
CBC has some photos that people in Colorado have posted:

http://www.cbc.ca/newsblogs/yourcommunity/2013/09/colorado-flood-leaves-3-dead-damages-cities.html?cmp=fbtl

Several even show a sense of humour.

Stay strong folks - I hope the waters recede soon!

Alysser
09-13-2013, 11:48 PM
:(:love: good thoughts going out!

Bonny
09-14-2013, 07:10 AM
Good Thoughts & Prayers sent to the folks in Colorado. Between forest fires & flooding along with the Jersey Shore what a year we are having. :(

chocolatepuppy
09-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Prayers for the people of Colorado. :(

Karen
09-16-2013, 09:38 PM
More than 2,100 people and more than 500 pets had been rescued by air and ground as of late Sunday, according to the National Guard.

That made me glad, that they are not only rescuing pets as well as people, but keeping track of how many!

RICHARD
09-17-2013, 10:47 AM
I exchanged emails with a friend who lives in Littleton and she said that they couldn't BUY a rain shower.

It just shows who crazy the weather can be outside certain areas!

God Bless them and good thoughts for all.

Karen
09-17-2013, 02:52 PM
I exchanged emails with a friend who lives in Littleton and she said that they couldn't BUY a rain shower.

It just shows who crazy the weather can be outside certain areas!

God Bless them and good thoughts for all.

Yes, the mountains in particular create weather pockets, and while it is beautiful, it can also make in dangerous!

Pembroke_Corgi
09-18-2013, 05:37 PM
If anyone is interested in helping a pet-centered cause, I know that many shelters that are housing evacuated animals could use donations. The Colorado Humane Society is one place to donate: http://coloradohumane.org/donate

We have been lucky were I live - no water in our house, though our front yard was quite saturated last week. We live on a hill away from any major water so we avoided the worst. Only a few miles away there was some major flooding! I feel for people who lost their homes. There are so many damaged roads and so on too that many people who live in the front range mountains will have a horrible time getting around for a long time even if they can get back home!

Karen
09-18-2013, 06:00 PM
Whew, so glad you reported in! Glad you only had minimal damage from the extra water, especially as, while I know Corgis can swim, those little legs would get tired fast!