PDA

View Full Version : Your favourite Xmas movie...

COCatMama
12-11-2002, 08:37 PM
My favourite Xmas movie is NOT the sound of music!!!! I HATE THAT MOVIE!! my gramma forced us grandkids to watch that $%$$ movie every Xmas! *GAG*! My favourite Xmas movie is "A Christmas Story" It's usually on every year at Xmas time and it's a RIOT!!!!!!! I also love the national lampoon xmas movies with Chevy Chase, funny stuff.

I STRONGLY suggest everyone run out and rent "A Christmas Story" if you don't catch it on TV! your kids and you will love it!!!!!

My fave bit is when the pack of dogs invade their kitchen and devour the turkey HAHHHAA
also the narrating is a scream.

COCatMama
12-11-2002, 08:55 PM
Here's a URL :D A Christmas Story (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0085334#comment)

Fuzzy317
12-11-2002, 09:08 PM
My favorite has gotta be "Its a Wonderful Life", and not the newer ones, it has to be the 1946 version with Jimmy Stewart. For me, its not Christmas season unless I see it at least once. :)

anna_66
12-11-2002, 09:12 PM
I swear, I watch that movie at least 2 or 3 times every year & I never get tired of it:) I've already watched it once this year!

COCatMama
12-11-2002, 09:14 PM
Hehehehe I must have seen it 15 times and would watch it 100 more!! I gotta buy it one of these days!!!!!

COCatMama
12-11-2002, 09:16 PM
Oh I like that Claymation Rudolph movie too! with Hermie the elf that wants to be a dentist! LOL

mugsy
12-11-2002, 09:51 PM
I like "Scrooged" with Bill Murray. There's another one out there with Romy Downey that's cute just to watch the transformation.

Uabassoon
12-11-2002, 09:58 PM
I love Scrooged and A Christmas story. Every year I think it's TBS has a 24 hour marathon of a Christmas story. On Christmas eve we all go to my aunts house to exchange gifts and eat dinner and they have the marathon on. My dad and decided that once we see the entire movie we've been at my aunts house too long. As soon as we see those ending credits my dad I and stand up and head out the door.

Nomilynn
12-12-2002, 01:39 AM
My all time favourite Christmas movie is "One Magic Christmas." I actually have never liked "A Christmas Story" because the kids were so mean to that one little boy, and the dad was a grouch. I was really little when I watched it, and I thought it was a serious movie and didn't know it was supposed to be funny, and so it made me upset. I've never really been able to let go of that!! Silly me!! :D :p :rolleyes: It's a lot of people's favourite though so it can't be all that bad!! :D

jenluckenbach
12-12-2002, 05:24 AM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317
My favorite has gotta be "Its a Wonderful Life", and not the newer ones, it has to be the 1946 version with Jimmy Stewart. For me, its not Christmas season unless I see it at least once. :)
DITTO
and it has to be in black and white, no stupid colorized version!!!

jenluckenbach
12-12-2002, 05:25 AM
of course the othe program I MUST see in order for it to be Christmas is the animated "How the Grinch stole Christmas" It is a MUST

neko1
12-12-2002, 05:36 AM
I love Scrooged, the Grinch, and Christmas vacation!

anna_66
12-12-2002, 06:58 AM
I forgot about Scrooged, I like that as well.

And I also like some of the old claymations...Rudolph, Santa Claus is Comin to town, Frosty, you know all the old ones:)

COCatMama
12-12-2002, 08:43 AM
I also like that old old scrooge movie from the 30's, black and white no colour

lynnestankard
12-12-2002, 12:34 PM
Originally posted by Fuzzy317

Me too Fuzzy317 - I just adore that film and never get tired of it - and yes I cry every time I see it!! I've even got a Christmas bauble inscribed with 'Every time a bell rings - an angel gets it's wings'!!

Lynne

NoahsMommy
12-12-2002, 12:58 PM
"Nightmare Before Christmas"
"Prancer"
"Santa Clause"
and any of the Disney Christmas movies....I think I watch more movies during the Christmas season than any other time. :)

Cincy'sMom
12-12-2002, 04:16 PM
A Chritmas Story has to be one the best!!!

Holiday Inn is another fav...

And some children's speicals I watch every year (thanks to the VCR) Christmas Eve on Sesame Street and Emmitt Otter's Jug Band Christmas. I am not sure they even show those two on TV anymore!

Crikit
12-12-2002, 08:34 PM
Oh this ones an easy one to answer. It's an oldie but a goodie. Irving Berlins "White Christmas" I love that movie.

Felicia's Mom
12-12-2002, 09:19 PM
I like A Christmas Carol. If I don't see it on television, I might find it on the radio. (This might be another version of Scrooged.)