PDA

View Full Version : Why my flat screen TV is belted to the Entertainment unit

mrspunkysmom
09-12-2013, 08:55 PM
My Entertainment unit looks like a high table with slots for equipment and cupboards for movies. It stands about 42 in high.

The flat screen is bungee belted to the surface.

Today my efforts were rewarded when Emily decided she could tightrope walk the TV. Bob was sitting in front of the screen, blocking her passage.

It was actually funny, though I am thankful she didn't scratch the screen, only the plastic frame.

I didn't get a video. I was laughing too much.

Karen
09-12-2013, 09:22 PM
My Entertainment unit looks like a high table with slots for equipment and cupboards for movies. It stands about 42 in high.

The flat screen is bungee belted to the surface.

Today my efforts were rewarded when Emily decided she could tightrope walk the TV. Bob was sitting in front of the screen, blocking her passage.

It was actually funny, though I am thankful she didn't scratch the screen, only the plastic frame.

I didn't get a video. I was laughing too much.

When I saw the title of your thread, I thought, "I know the answer! You have cats!"

moosmom
09-13-2013, 06:56 AM
I know why!!! I lost my 32" flat screen when my cats knocked it over. You were very wise to bungy it. I bought a smaller flat screen which seems to do the trick. Not as big or heavy.

WILDCATS
09-13-2013, 07:53 AM
:love: Thank goodness mine haven't knocked ours over but Scooby try's to catch things like flies or birds or really anything that moves on screen. :D:D

Casper
09-13-2013, 09:07 AM
When Snowball first came to live here we watched in horror as he jumped on top of the flatscreen in the living room and balanced there. Us humans froze, thinking "sudden movements might scare him and make him either scratch the screen or catapult off of it leaving it in pieces on the floor!" One of us finally managed to creep over to rescue him. :) Later we realized that the base is heavy and sturdy enough that a cat couldn't easily knock it over.... I guess I am more surprised that no other resident cat had tried doing that before!

catmandu
09-13-2013, 09:16 AM
Malcolm is bad for that as he has his area on the desk, and everything else in his path goes crashing to the floor.
So far thats a calculator RIP , and several lost pens and bus schedules.
He is a one Cat demolition squad.:love::love: