PDA

View Full Version : the Bread Thread, Thursday, #550.

RICHARD
09-12-2013, 11:49 AM
I know we went thru the bread slicing thing last week, but I do love me carbs and hot bread.

I love the hollowed out bread round filled with artichoke dip, or that marbled bread..

--------

Orange marmalade.

Apple butter.

Strawberry preserves?

DONE!

Lady's Human
09-12-2013, 12:22 PM
Richard, do you have spies in my kitchen?:eek:

cassiesmom
09-12-2013, 03:17 PM
Challah. Yum... rich and eggy. I'm brewing decaf; would anyone like some?

Q: How do bakers exchange bread recipes?
A: On a knead-to-know basis.

RICHARD
09-12-2013, 08:21 PM
Richard, do you have spies in my kitchen?:eek:

No, the winds are heavy with the smell of bread baking.

CM,

I only have one thing to say......(In my best Homer Simpson voice...)

DOUGH!

LOLOLOLOL.

----------------

One of my simplest pleasures was being stuck in the 5 freeway in Burbank and catching the scent of warm baking bread from the bakery next to the road.

During the cold weather, I was that much more intense!

Butter or margarine?

DONE!

Queen of Poop
09-13-2013, 01:32 PM
I would love a thick slice of fresh baked bread slathered with butter. Can't have it for real, but it's nice to think about!

Karen
09-13-2013, 01:38 PM
Yum! Thankfully gluten is not an issue for me in real life! Bread, warm from the oven ... heavenly! After it cools, some marmalade on a slice would be good, but fresh from the oven bread needs little adornment! A bit of butter and done!

cassiesmom
09-13-2013, 05:01 PM
I just realized that today is Friday the 13th! *smacking self on head*
I found a recipe on bakerette.com for baking bread in a slow cooker, and I'm tempted to give it a try. I'm guessing it would come out round, like a kulich.

RICHARD
09-13-2013, 06:36 PM
I would love a thick slice of fresh baked bread slathered with butter. Can't have it for real, but it's nice to think about!

Wow, that stinks.

How do you get around a diet restriction like that?

I would be very sad.

Karen,

it is heaven.

CM,

Please let me know how it goes, I had a bread maker and it was fun, but it was way too small!

I'd eat a chunk right off the bat!

More bread and some tea or a hot toddy.

Today it was about 80 and cool......

Done!

Karen
09-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Wow, that stinks.

How do you get around a diet restriction like that?

There are gluten-free breads, made with other kinds of flour instead of wheat. They are still bread, and when one pays painful consequences for ingesting gluten, suddenly "real" bread is less tempting!

cassiesmom
09-18-2013, 03:51 PM
How about a bagel? Wait ... how about a bagel dog.
http://www.viennabeef.com/filebin/images/brands/cobrands/BagelDog-225.jpg

mrspunkysmom
09-18-2013, 08:00 PM
I just realized that today is Friday the 13th! *smacking self on head*
I found a recipe on bakerette.com for baking bread in a slow cooker, and I'm tempted to give it a try. I'm guessing it would come out round, like a kulich.

Oh I love bread and do so miss it. I had gluten free pizza tonight. I had to treat myself. So yummy.

mrspunkysmom
09-18-2013, 08:01 PM

I didn't know you were GF, or did I just forget it? My brain has missed a lot in the last year. I do love bread and butter, too.

RICHARD
09-19-2013, 10:16 AM
Gonna shift over to the new thread, but tha bagel dog looks mighty yummy!!

DONE!