PDA

View Full Version : Random canine thoughts

Lady's Human
09-10-2013, 06:31 AM
Am I supposed to be able to pick up 50+ pounds of puppy by her toy?:p

Karen
09-10-2013, 12:42 PM
Ayup! And swing! ;)

Let me know if I should continue to save dead socks to add to the sock rope!

emc
09-14-2013, 02:45 PM
That's mine now.

Karen
09-14-2013, 06:20 PM
Why do dogs who no longer fit in laps think they do, but the small one that would fit often want nothing to do with them? My former bosses' Sheltie never looked more panicked than when his mistress tried to convince him to be a lap dog, even though he fit just fine!

cassiesmom
11-12-2013, 11:54 AM
Today's Dog of the Day is a greyhound. One of the first times I got to meet greyhounds was when my former co-worker's husband brought their dogs for a visit. They were going for a walk at the forest preserve, and he stopped on the way there so we could meet them in the parking lot on our break. They were adopted through a program for retired racing dogs. She had told us about the adoption process and the dogs' care needs- plenty of water, healthy food, regular doctor visits, and helping them learn their home skills- going in and out of a door, using stairs, playing with toys, getting loved and spoiled. This was on a beautiful autumn day and they were wearing their dog vests because it was quite cool out. I was nervous meeting them, but they were friendly and happy, not at all scary or mean. They reminded me a little of Tigger because they were "bouncy", just being their happy selves. Shortly after that, my co-worker brought some photos and showed us pictures of them on their dog beds, and taking a walk around their block. They were (and are) happy, funny, sweet characters. Thoroughly spoiled :love:!

cassiesmom
12-05-2013, 02:10 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-pit-bull-abandonment-met-20131205,0,1261355.story

Story in the Chicago Tribune today about the high proportion of pit bulls in the shelter system.

Karen
12-05-2013, 04:01 PM
That story tells me I need to become a digital member to see it, sorry!

Lady's Human
12-05-2013, 04:10 PM
All but 4 of the dogs in the Broome County shelter were pitty mixes of some sort. Angel's playmate Frankie was a mop mix of some sort, and there were a couple of elderly beagles and an elderly lab mix.

Lady's Human
12-17-2013, 12:06 PM
Okay, someone has VERY short fur.

We like playing outside in the snow, but the snow is COLD. So, off to the pet store to get someone a doggy coat. Do you think she wants anything to do with it? You might think putting it on her was torture.:rolleyes:

Karen
12-17-2013, 12:26 PM
Oh, silly Angel! The coat will help!! I promise!

Lady's Human
12-23-2013, 10:49 AM
I think 3 people to trim puppy toenails is a bit much there, girl.

It's not torture, ya know!

Bonny
12-23-2013, 07:39 PM
She was actually trying to give you all a hint. She wanted to go to a doggy salon for a pedicure & have her nails painted special for Christmas. :D

Lady's Human
12-23-2013, 08:08 PM
LMAO!

She actually painted her own toenails one fine morning. One of the kids left out a pink highlighter and she chewed it up, her nice white socks, toenails, and chin were pink!

Lady's Human
12-26-2013, 05:34 PM
I appreciate the enthusiastic wake up calls.

However, I cannot get up to eat dinner with 50 pounds of puppy sitting on my chest, no matter how energetically she's wagging her tail.

cassiesmom
12-26-2013, 07:48 PM

However, I cannot get up to eat dinner with 50 pounds of puppy sitting on my chest, no matter how energetically she's wagging her tail.

Awww, Angel! I :love: your enthusiasm and energy! :D Happy girl! Did you get lots of extra petting and hugs for Christmas? (Maybe some play time with your favorite toy, too?)

Lady's Human
12-27-2013, 03:19 AM
Awww, Angel! I :love: your enthusiasm and energy! :D Happy girl! Did you get lots of extra petting and hugs for Christmas? (Maybe some play time with your favorite toy, too?)

She got all teh attention she wanted. She got a new rope for an (early) Christmas present, and has proceeded to do her usual with it. Should I be impressed or worried that she's figured out how to untie the knots in the ropes?

Bonny
12-27-2013, 09:45 AM

Lady was trying to give you a hint she wants dinner in bed. She a smart girl. :D

Bonny
12-27-2013, 09:47 AM
She got all teh attention she wanted. She got a new rope for an (early) Christmas present, and has proceeded to do her usual with it. Should I be impressed or worried that she's figured out how to untie the knots in the ropes?

I would be worried. She just may tie you up next. :eek:

cassiesmom
12-31-2013, 03:55 PM
A Corgi and his baby sister ... so much cuteness!
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/30/this-corgi-made-a-newborn-baby-his-best-friend/?iid=nf-article-trend-now

Karen
12-31-2013, 08:29 PM
A Corgi and his baby sister ... so much cuteness!
http://newsfeed.time.com/2013/12/30/this-corgi-made-a-newborn-baby-his-best-friend/?iid=nf-article-trend-now

I wonder if he, like Lady girl did, has appointed himself diaper monitor! "Mom! Dad! It's stinky, come fix this!"

Lady's Human
01-20-2014, 04:54 PM
Okay, ya durned fool....

The kids were filling the woodbox with logs.......

and Angel was emptying it. STICKS!!!!! They're bringing me STICKS!!!!!!!

Danielle87
01-31-2014, 05:52 AM
My 132 pounds heavy Rhodesian Ridgeback and something mix likes to sit in my lap as well. I actually weight a bit less than him. :D

Lady's Human
01-31-2014, 08:48 AM
My 132 pounds heavy Rhodesian Ridgeback and something mix likes to sit in my lap as well. I actually weight a bit less than him. :D

It's all well and good until the launch off your lap to get down.....

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-14-2014, 11:12 AM
How to handle a rope with five knots in it? Work on cutting the rope so it becomes two ropes, one with two knots (one at each end) and one with three knots (one at each end and a knot in the middle).

Lady'sOtherHuman
02-16-2014, 08:17 AM
How to get LH to stop using his laptop? Simple, look really cute and happy and climb up into his lap so he has to use two hands not only to scritch but to keep us from falling off. Stand on his lap first and whack him in the head with a wagging tail while trying to give his ears a bath, then sit down and enjoy some scritches and keep dad from getting up to go to bed, then lay down in his lap for a couple of seconds before jumping off to go sit on the back of the love seat in a sunny window.

Karen
02-16-2014, 08:26 AM
How to get LH to stop using his laptop? Simple, look really cute and happy and climb up into his lap so he has to use two hands not only to scritch but to keep us from falling off. Stand on his lap first and whack him in the head with a wagging tail while trying to give his ears a bath, then sit down and enjoy some scritches and keep dad from getting up to go to bed, then lay down in his lap for a couple of seconds before jumping off to go sit on the back of the love seat in a sunny window.

Hee hee, that's a good girl, Angel - I am sure his ears needed a good washing, right? Just doing your job, and keeping Daddy from straining his eyes too much using the laptop! ;)

Lady's Human
02-17-2014, 04:27 AM
The missing part of that post was that the goofball was perched in my lap at the kitchen table. I swear she knows she's just the right size for a lapdog.

cassiesmom
02-18-2014, 07:30 PM

"Stand on his lap first and whack him in the head with a wagging tail while trying to give his ears a bath" -- are you a pretzel, Angel? Or, maybe you are a yoga doggie! I'm trying to picture how you can stand in your dad's lap, whack him with your tail and wash his ears at the same time :D You are the perfect size for a lap dog, happy girl! ;) Could you please have your people give you some petting for me, and some for Patch too, please. :love: I smile when I read about all the silly, goofy and happy things you do!

p.s., how is the rope project going? Have you gotten it split into two pieces yet?

cassiesmom
03-05-2014, 05:02 PM
The city of Chicago got it right, except for one alderman. I wish they would do this statewide...

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-chicago-antipuppy-mill-measure-advances-20140304,0,3282237.story

Karen
03-05-2014, 05:13 PM
That's a good bill, and hopefully it will change things and let some shelter and rescue pups get good home! I bet that guy doesn't know Golden Retriever Rescue groups exist that he course contact for Golden retrievers to have in his store ... they may not be tiny puppies, but even a 8-month-old Golden is as capable of melting hearts as an 8-week-old one!

Lady's Human
03-24-2014, 08:10 PM
Great. We have a dog who's addicted to gingersnaps.

Just what I need. LOL

As to the rope, the 5-knot rope is lasting much, much longer than the previous ropes, as she can't undo all the knots from the end.

Karen
03-24-2014, 08:16 PM
Great. We have a dog who's addicted to gingersnaps.

Just what I need. LOL

As to the rope, the 5-knot rope is lasting much, much longer than the previous ropes, as she can't undo all the knots from the end.

Excellent! The more knots the better, as it turns out!

cassiesmom
03-31-2014, 04:16 PM
I saw this on Huffington Post. It's a series of photos of black dogs, who tend to not get adopted because of their color.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/27/black-dogs-project_n_5037181.html?utm_hp_ref=good-news

Lady's Human
04-23-2014, 05:53 PM
Okay, Angel.

I get it.

You get jealous when Patch comes to bed with me in the morning (I work nights).

However, that doesn't mean you have to lie down on top of me to block Patch from being able to.

Patch weights 10 lbs.

You, however, dear pup, weigh considerably more than that. It's hard to breathe with 60 lbs of dog reclining on my chest. Besides, Patch still managed to find room to curl up on my shins. I was very, very warm, but it's hard to sleep when you can't breathe.

Karen
04-23-2014, 05:55 PM
Aww, Angel, there's enough of Dad for both you an Patch to have snuggle room without you squashing his chest!

cassiesmom
04-23-2014, 07:25 PM
Aww, Angel, there's enough of Dad for both you an Patch to have snuggle room without you squashing his chest!

The mental picture of Dad, Patch and Angel having a snuggle gives me a huge :D
xoxoxoxo, Angel and Patch!

Lady's Human
04-30-2014, 03:52 AM
While yesterday was a thoroughly irritating and frustrating day, there was a bit of humor.

Angel was due for her semi-annual checkup. They had to weigh her to get the correct dose for heartworm meds. While attempting to get her to stay still enough on the scale to get a semi-accurate reading, I glanced over at her chart to see what her previous weight was. I couldn't read it. The scale settled at a touch over 50 lbs, and as soon as we could almost read it someone decided that that was enough. I asked the vet what her weight was the last time, and she told me "50 pounds and wiggles". Still accurate!

Karen
04-30-2014, 08:35 AM
While yesterday was a thoroughly irritating and frustrating day, there was a bit of humor.

Angel was due for her semi-annual checkup. They had to weigh her to get the correct dose for heartworm meds. While attempting to get her to stay still enough on the scale to get a semi-accurate reading, I glanced over at her chart to see what her previous weight was. I couldn't read it. The scale settled at a touch over 50 lbs, and as soon as we could almost read it someone decided that that was enough. I asked the vet what her weight was the last time, and she told me "50 pounds and wiggles". Still accurate!

Hee hee, holding still is for old dogs, Dad! We gotz things to do!

cassiesmom
04-30-2014, 02:37 PM

That's 50 pounds of love and wiggles, Dad! :love: Angel pup, I am so glad you are a PT dog, because these stories about you make me smile!

Edited to ask: Angel Pup, did you have a Gotcha day- did I miss it? Belated happy Gotcha Day!

lolli94
04-30-2014, 04:06 PM
I love Angel stories! Lol :) silly pup!

Lady's Human
04-30-2014, 05:16 PM
Someone's Gotcha day was March 22, we all missed!:eek:

Karen
04-30-2014, 05:41 PM
Aww, Happy Belated, Angel pup!

Lady's Human
04-30-2014, 11:57 PM
Speaking of belated, I think it's time to put the photography crew to work....

Lady's Human
05-02-2014, 03:17 PM
I should have known it was BAD idea.......

The other morning Angel brought her rope to bed with her. I figured she just wanted a pacifier as I was feeling wiped and didn't have the energy to play with her like I usually do when I get home from work.

Yesterday morning I was informed by events that it probably wasn't the best decision I've made. I was just nodding off when someone came trotting into the bedroom with her rope.....and proceeded to wave the rope around at me trying to get me to play. I told her to calm down and she did, dropped the rope and then went to get her tennis balls. I should have known better than to let her bring a toy to bed....:rolleyes:

Karen
05-02-2014, 03:27 PM
I should have known it was BAD idea.......

The other morning Angel brought her rope to bed with her. I figured she just wanted a pacifier as I was feeling wiped and didn't have the energy to play with her like I usually do when I get home from work.

Yesterday morning I was informed by events that it probably wasn't the best decision I've made. I was just nodding off when someone came trotting into the bedroom with her rope.....and proceeded to wave the rope around at me trying to get me to play. I told her to calm down and she did, dropped the rope and then went to get her tennis balls. I should have known better than to let her bring a toy to bed....:rolleyes:

Awww, Angel - toys are not for bed time! And while you may get all excited an d energized at the sight of a tennis ball, that doesn't work for Dad, sorry!

cassiesmom
05-02-2014, 03:57 PM
Awww, Angel - toys are not for bed time! And while you may get all excited an d energized at the sight of a tennis ball, that doesn't work for Dad, sorry!

But, Dad. You have a routine. You and Angel play, and then you sleep. (She permits you to sleep after you have played with her ;) ) Angel pup, you brought in your tennis ball when bringing your dad the rope toy didn't quite work the way you expected! *skritchies* *lovies*

Lady's Human
05-04-2014, 09:39 AM
I'm not sure which is worse:

The fact that Angel now gets in my lap at the table every morning after breakfast (one must observe the routine!)

or

The fact that I've gotten used to typing with a dog sitting in my lap.

Karen
05-04-2014, 08:07 PM
All progress, isn't it? ;)

Lady's Human
05-15-2014, 09:39 AM
And the dog grenade went off again.....

Calmly sitting having a cup of coffee, and someone started going nuts in the window.

A female turkey had the temerity to come into the yard to snack on the dandelions.

Karen
05-15-2014, 11:51 AM
Oh, the nerve! At least if it was a male doing his spring call, you'd have had fair warning!

cassiesmom
05-16-2014, 06:19 AM
Wow, Angel! A turkey in the yard - does that happen regularly? I've seen birds in the yard, and even a deer, but never a turkey! (I don't live in the country, though.)

Lady's Human
05-16-2014, 09:04 AM
Wow, Angel! A turkey in the yard - does that happen regularly? I've seen birds in the yard, and even a deer, but never a turkey! (I don't live in the country, though.)

It happens fairly regularly, the largest turkey invasion in the yard was last spring, we had turkeys spread over the lower acre from the road to the pond. This was odd, it was a lone hen out in the open.

cassiesmom
05-21-2014, 05:05 PM
Hi, Angel pup and hi, Patch! Angel, how is the window-watching today?

Lady's Human
05-30-2014, 07:33 PM
Speaking of energy, the package said the tie out-lead was good for a 100 lb dog.

Obviously the 100 lb rating didn't take into consideration a bullydog mix going full tilt across the yard after a bunny wabbit.

Karen
05-30-2014, 11:09 PM
Speaking of energy, the package said the tie out-lead was good for a 100 lb dog.

Obviously the 100 lb rating didn't take into consideration a bullydog mix going full tilt across the yard after a bunny wabbit.

Time to write the company for a refund? Hope da bunny escaped anyway! (No offense, Angel pup.)

Lady's Human
05-30-2014, 11:12 PM
The bunny escaped, but Angel is currently curled up on the couch nursing ouchies from exceeding the break strength of the run.

Karen
05-30-2014, 11:16 PM
The bunny escaped, but Angel is currently curled up on the couch nursing ouchies from exceeding the break strength of the run.

Awww, poor pup! Give her a nice rub from me!

Lady's Human
06-07-2014, 12:33 PM
<sigh>

Yep, Pitties are vicious animals.

We went out last night for ice cream, and took and Angel pup with us. She was being her usual boisterous self, but mainly wanted attention. She was being good, but loud. There was a group at the ice cream place, and a couple of people were making quiet comments about pit bulls, and steering the kids in the group away from Angel. The exception was one of the group who cam over, asked if she was friendly, and Angel jumped up to say "hello!!!!!!!". The guy proceeded to grab handfuls of ears and scritch in all the right places.

While that was going on, LoH was getting ice cream for the kids and I, and asked for a small bowl for Angel. She got a doggie bowl of ice cream. A small vanilla soft serve with a doggie cookie on top.

Karen
06-08-2014, 07:18 AM
I am sure that bowl of ice cream with dog cookie was demolished - vicious, indeed! I hope the kids with that group got to see the guy getting lots of Angel wiggles and love!

cassiesmom
06-10-2014, 05:33 PM
I am sure that bowl of ice cream with dog cookie was demolished - vicious, indeed! I hope the kids with that group got to see the guy getting lots of Angel wiggles and love!

That's exactly what I was thinking. It was ice cream with a cookie on top, a treat that needed to be eaten (hence the demolition) to avoid the risk of it melting. You go, Angel pup!

Lady's Human
06-24-2014, 12:37 PM
Well, now we've had our excitement for the afternoon.

We went outside to do some gardening, to find one of the neighbors was in the garden checking it out. Angel was VERY agitated that the bull would have the temerity to do such a thing, and chased him back across the street.

Karen
06-24-2014, 12:43 PM
Well, now we've had our excitement for the afternoon.

We went outside to do some gardening, to find one of the neighbors was in the garden checking it out. Angel was VERY agitated that the bull would have the temerity to do such a thing, and chased him back across the street.

Hee hee - I wish you had had a video camera running, that must have been some sight to see!

cassiesmom
06-24-2014, 05:13 PM
Wait, what kind of a neighbor was it? A bull? (I'm sure it was not the type of bull who plays basketball in Chicago.) Oh my goodness! Angel pup, you and your humans have such interesting neighbors!

Karen
06-24-2014, 05:49 PM
Wait, what kind of a neighbor was it? A bull? (I'm sure it was not the type of bull who plays basketball in Chicago.) Oh my goodness! Angel pup, you and your humans have such interesting neighbors!

They live across the street from a dairy farm, and next door to a horse farm. So yes, indeed - it was the bovine kind of bull! Who probably outweighed Angel pup by a good 800 pounds or so!

Lady's Human
06-30-2014, 03:03 PM
I AM NOT talking to the humans in this house.

Not ONE of them.

They gave me a baph.

Took my collars off and EVERYTHING!

Karen
06-30-2014, 03:43 PM
I AM NOT talking to the humans in this house.

Not ONE of them.

They gave me a baph.

Took my collars off and EVERYTHING!

Oh, Angel, pup - how awfully traumatic!!! Come see Auntie, I'll give you some extra loving ... and I have a box of c-o-o-k-i-e-s in the kitchen ...

cassiesmom
07-07-2014, 07:50 PM
Hi, Angel! How was the Fourth of July at your house?

Lady's Human
07-07-2014, 07:58 PM
Fourth of July was a very, very noisy day at my house, but not for the reason most of the furkids here have to deal with.

My Dad and Poppa were very, very busy wrecking pieces of my world, and the tools they were using hurt my puppy ears. There were saw, drills, and other noisy things, and my ears are very sensitive to noises. I don't like them. I kept hoping the kids would help me out, but all they could do was take me outside, which helped a little, but some of the noises were outside, too.

They did give me ice cream and a cheeseburger because I tried REALLY hard to be a good puppy.

Karen
07-07-2014, 08:14 PM
Fourth of July was a very, very noisy day at my house, but not for the reason most of the furkids here have to deal with.

My Dad and Poppa were very, very busy wrecking pieces of my world, and the tools they were using hurt my puppy ears. There were saw, drills, and other noisy things, and my ears are very sensitive to noises. I don't like them. I kept hoping the kids would help me out, but all they could do was take me outside, which helped a little, but some of the noises were outside, too.

They did give me ice cream and a cheeseburger because I tried REALLY hard to be a good puppy.

Aww, Angel girl, I am so sorry you had to put up with that. But at least you got treats afterwards! Were you nice to Momma Jenn for her birthday?

Lady's Human
07-12-2014, 10:31 PM
I helped her eat her ice cream!!!

I found that the big wet thing in the back yard has FISHIES in it!!!! When my kids take me out for walks, I try to catch them, but the leash isn't long anough for me to actually get the fish. Dad won't let me get in the pond on our morning walks, though. Something about not wanting a wet dog in bed with him, and the water makes me smell good......the humans don't think so, though.

cassiesmom
07-13-2014, 12:15 AM
Angel has a pond with fishies in the back yard, and she had a bull of the bovine variety visit from across the street ... what a fun, busy summer you're having, Angel pup!

I have to agree with your dad on this one. Probably best to be a dry pup when it is time for snuggles.

Lady's Human
07-13-2014, 04:50 AM
I almost forgot.

There's another thing Dad doesn't let me play with. I keep seeing these hoppy things all over the yard. Dad tells me that they're toads, and I won't like it if I catch one. I keep trying, though.

Karen
07-13-2014, 12:15 PM
I almost forgot.

There's another thing Dad doesn't let me play with. I keep seeing these hoppy things all over the yard. Dad tells me that they're toads, and I won't like it if I catch one. I keep trying, though.

Oh, Angel, I know they look tempting, but trust me, they are no way near as fun as a squeaky toy - they don't even squeak! Let 'em be, pup - they are eating the bugs that otherwise might eat Dad's garden!

Lady's Human
07-14-2014, 12:19 PM
A prtial pic of Angel's pond and the water lilies that the fishies hide in:

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=58367&d=1405358060

http://petoftheday.com/talk/attachment.php?attachmentid=58371&d=1405358181

Karen
07-14-2014, 10:40 PM
The second attachment does not show up! But the pond looks very tranquil in this shot! One would never know what temptations lurk below the surface!

Lady's Human
08-05-2014, 11:37 AM
And what do we like for a summertime snack? Watermelon rind, please!!!

Karen
08-05-2014, 12:04 PM
And what do we like for a summertime snack? Watermelon rind, please!!!

Hee hee - Ramanth did not believe me that dogs would like that- but she was stunned when Chipper - a picky eater with food allergies - crunched mine down in seconds one time at Findlay!

Kia was not interested.

Lady's Human
08-05-2014, 12:09 PM
I currently have a pup in my lap impatiently waiting for me to have mine so she can have the rind.

ramanth
08-05-2014, 12:22 PM
Oh yes, Chipper adores those rinds! :D

Lady's Human
08-17-2014, 06:18 AM
Who's the hooman claiming to be mine?

-Angel

Angel's Human
08-17-2014, 07:15 AM
Sometimes I wonder, why do people fiddle on funny black things when they should pay attention to me.http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

cassiesmom
08-17-2014, 03:34 PM
Sometimes I wonder, why do people fiddle on funny black things when they should pay attention to me.http://petoftheday.com/i/our_smilies/confused.gif

I'm almost done with the funny black thing, Angel. One more task and then I can log off. Sending you some virtual petting and a hug :) Happy Sunday!

Lady's Human
08-24-2014, 01:13 PM
I'd like to thank Angel for her help with my accounting test. It's hard to get too worked up about anything with a pup in your lap.(does make typing a touch difficult, however!)

Karen
08-24-2014, 03:24 PM
I'd like to thank Angel for her help with my accounting test. It's hard to get too worked up about anything with a pup in your lap.(does make typing a touch difficult, however!)

Hee hee!

cassiesmom
08-26-2014, 03:26 PM
Dear Angel, I am sending you some petting and a hug today because it is National Dog Day! :love:

Your fan,
Elyse

Lady's Human
08-26-2014, 11:55 PM
Well, someone got PLENTY of extra scritches today.

It was a busy day, with Dad making the house all stinky, then a salesman came in and demonstrated a LOUD puppy eating machine (vacuum cleaner), but he was a dog person, so that was okay.

She did her job, though, the salesman didn't want to come in until he saw the happy, wiggling smiling face behind the loud greeting. Dad let him in, so he must be okay.

Karen
08-27-2014, 02:43 AM
Well, someone got PLENTY of extra scritches today.

It was a busy day, with Dad making the house all stinky, then a salesman came in and demonstrated a LOUD puppy eating machine (vacuum cleaner), but he was a dog person, so that was okay.

She did her job, though, the salesman didn't want to come in until he saw the happy, wiggling smiling face behind the loud greeting. Dad let him in, so he must be okay.

Aww, good girl, Angel pup!

Snowflakes
08-27-2014, 12:36 PM
DOG SITTER:58561 So, you are the dog they want me to sit on?

DOG: 58562
Excuse me? Aren't you suppose to sit? How come you're tagging along?

:D58563:D:p:rolleyes:

Lady's Human
09-02-2014, 11:06 AM
LOL!

Angel would like to know if there's a house she can hide in for this afternoon.......we DO NOT LIKE the noises coming from the safety valve on the pressure cooker.

Karen
09-02-2014, 11:51 AM
LOL!

Angel would like to know if there's a house she can hide in for this afternoon.......we DO NOT LIKE the noises coming from the safety valve on the pressure cooker.

Aww, Angel, you could come hide here, but I don;t think Dad's gonna drive you all this way!

cassiesmom
09-05-2014, 02:50 PM
LOL!

What does it sound like? I've never used a pressure cooker. My sister has one and she uses it a lot. Hugs and lovies, Angel :love:!

Karen
09-06-2014, 01:04 PM
What does it sound like? I've never used a pressure cooker. My sister has one and she uses it a lot. Hugs and lovies, Angel :love:!

Imagine the whistle on a steam train ... then bring it up a couple octaves and hold it out 3 times as long! That's my best approximation ...

Snowflakes
09-06-2014, 01:34 PM
I stumbled on these quotes today on seeing so many animal abuses undertaken everywhere. It really felt so sad. And it must be STOPPED!

58600 58601

snakemama
09-06-2014, 05:50 PM
Jasper is dismayed today - it's the first day the kittens have been out running around the house, and he is tethered to prevent him from snitching their food. He REALLY wants to play and go steal kitten food, instead he has to lay on one of the living room chairs and watch them. Poor baby. :)

cassiesmom
09-09-2014, 05:27 PM
LOL!

Angel puppy, is your dad still using the pressure cooker to prepare food from your garden? how are you? XO

Lady's Human
09-09-2014, 06:49 PM
We're hiding, or we were last night while the third batch was in the pressure cooker.

I paid for it today, wherever we went in the house or yard I had a puppy following me with a toy.

Karen
09-09-2014, 10:12 PM
We're hiding, or we were last night while the third batch was in the pressure cooker.

I paid for it today, wherever we went in the house or yard I had a puppy following me with a toy.

Aww, but Daaaaad, toys iz way more important than that scary thing! Play! Play!

Lady's Human
09-14-2014, 06:14 PM
Axel (Angel's youngest human) Has discovered a new sport with the aid of Angel: Lawn Skiing.

Take Angel, a leash, and a bunny......Shoes are optional, highly recommended, but not required. Shorts with a padded bum are recommended. Football pads would help, too.

Karen
09-14-2014, 07:40 PM
Axel (Angel's youngest human) Has discovered a new sport with the aid of Angel: Lawn Skiing.

Take Angel, a leash, and a bunny......Shoes are optional, highly recommended, but not required. Shorts with a padded bum are recommended. Football pads would help, too.

Yowch - methinks that bunny will opt for a different patch of grass tomorrow!

Angel's Human
09-15-2014, 10:25 AM
Yowch - methinks that bunny will opt for a different patch of grass tomorrow!

No kidding! I've had the same thing happen to me, except it was uphill in the morning.

cassiesmom
09-22-2014, 06:33 PM

Oh my goodness, Angel! I think I'd like to enclose your young humans in thick layers of bubble wrap before the next round of lawn skiing! Seriously, though ... I bet you sure like to run when you are outdoors and you see something interesting (like a bunny).

pomtzu
09-24-2014, 01:28 PM
Wolfy and the kitties are driving me nutz...............

They are all on bug patrol. Now that the weather is cooler, the flies especially are finding their way indoors.:eek: If Wolfman isn't slamming into walls after them, then the kitties are taking flying leaps in mid air after them,, or slamming into the windows and jumping at the windows from atop their cat treehouse. And of course, they think the ones that they see outside on the windows, are really inside. It sounds like a small war has erupted inside the house ----- slam/bang/crash/splat/ ----- :rolleyes::eek::p

Karen
09-24-2014, 03:37 PM
Wolfy and the kitties are driving me nutz...............

They are all on bug patrol. Now that the weather is cooler, the flies especially are finding their way indoors.:eek: If Wolfman isn't slamming into walls after them, then the kitties are taking flying leaps in mid air after them,, or slamming into the windows and jumping at the windows from atop their cat treehouse. And of course, they think the ones that they see outside on the windows, are really inside. It sounds like a small war has erupted inside the house ----- slam/bang/crash/splat/ ----- :rolleyes::eek::p

You'd think the pain of slamming into things would somewhat discourage the lure of the hunt! Ha!

pomtzu
09-24-2014, 04:34 PM
You'd think the pain of slamming into things would somewhat discourage the lure of the hunt! Ha!

Doesn't faze any of them in the least. After a brief rest and time out for their supper, they are back at it again. :eek::rolleyes:

Lady's Human
09-25-2014, 02:33 AM

I often wonder what (besides the wall, or other piece of structure) is going through their heads when they're on the hunt.

Lady's Human
10-01-2014, 11:00 PM
Well, I think a certain someone is finally settling in to the idea that she doesn't have to worry about where her next meal is coming from.

We're getting picky about food.

We give her treats after she comes in, normally a dog biscuit or two. They normally have the generic biscuits on sale up at the grocery store, and she hasn't complained aout them, so that's what we were getting.

Yesterday she left 4 puppy cookies on the floor after a couple of trips outside, and didn't eat them until Patch started eyeing them. We were running low on cookies, so I picked up a box of milk bones on the way home this morning. Those didn't get left around, she ate them immediately.

Time to start buying the Mother Hubbard cookies again.

Karen
10-02-2014, 12:30 AM
Well, I think a certain someone is finally settling in to the idea that she doesn't have to worry about where her next meal is coming from.

We're getting picky about food.

We give her treats after she comes in, normally a dog biscuit or two. They normally have the generic biscuits on sale up at the grocery store, and she hasn't complained aout them, so that's what we were getting.

Yesterday she left 4 puppy cookies on the floor after a couple of trips outside, and didn't eat them until Patch started eyeing them. We were running low on cookies, so I picked up a box of milk bones on the way home this morning. Those didn't get left around, she ate them immediately.

Time to start buying the Mother Hubbard cookies again.

Awww, as soon as the kat is looking at them, they suddenly need to get eaten! Silly pup!

pomtzu
10-02-2014, 10:38 AM
Picky about food is something that Wolfy doesn't know the meaning of. Afterall - he's known as Mr Foodie in this house. He only gets all natural dog food - no by-products and fillers, etc, and the only "people" food that he gets, is bite size pieces of carrot or apple,, and he loves broccoli too. He eats better than I do. :rolleyes:

Anyway - have you ever tried the natural dog cookie treats that are made from various fruits and veggies for Angel? Ill bet she would LOVE them. Wolfman loves the apple ones, and the banana too. There's one that's made from pomegranate and blueberries, as well as other mixed fruit, carrots, peanut butter, and others too. I get them at a pet supply store in town, and I know that Petsmart and Petco carry them also.

Give her something "special", and leave the Milk Bones for those other ordinary dogs. Come on Angel - tell Dad that you DESERVE the best.......:D;)

Lady's Human
10-02-2014, 02:44 PM
You're not HELPING here, Pom. :p

pomtzu
10-02-2014, 02:58 PM
You're not HELPING here, Pom. :p

But they are so good for her - nice, healthy treats. I love the smell of opening the bag - especially the apple cookies. Smells just like there must be fresh apples somewhere in there, and the blueberry/pomegranate smells just like fresh blueberries. :D

Angel would thank you for them - really! ;)

Lady's Human
10-02-2014, 03:00 PM
But they are so good for her - nice, healthy treats. I love the smell of opening the bag - especially the apple cookies. Smells just like there must be fresh apples somewhere in there, and the blueberry/pomegranate smells just like fresh blueberries. :D

Angel would thank you for them - really! ;)

I'm trying to NOT turn her into a canine gourmet. It's bad enough as it is! I don't need Lady book 2 in the food department. (Lady was an odd pup, wouldn't eat anything purple, avoided all condiments on a plate, and refused to touch certain types of hot dogs/cold cuts)

pomtzu
10-02-2014, 03:29 PM
Psssttt - hey Angel - it's Wolfy here. Look what I found pictures of. This is where you need to lead Dad to, next time you go for a car ride. A stop at Petsmart or Petco is a must. And tell Dad that they are NOT gourmet - just good for you and a different kind of treat when you are extra deserving of a yummy treat. Of course you can always try that "please-please-please" look. Good luck. :cool::)

YUM...................:D

Lady's Human
10-02-2014, 03:34 PM
http://bellyrubplease.files.wordpress.com/2012/11/dog-tongue-out.jpg

cassiesmom
10-02-2014, 04:02 PM

Dear LH and Angel, I've been having a really frustrating day. I just wanted to thank you for this picture, because it made me laugh right out loud! Now I feel better, even though the thing that's frustrating me isn't finished yet. So thank you for your help! :)

pomtzu
10-02-2014, 04:25 PM
:(:(:( I know Angel would NEVER do that. :D

Lady's Human
10-13-2014, 07:54 PM
It has come to my attention that Angel has the loudest tongue I've ever been around. LOL

Karen
10-14-2014, 02:13 PM
Maybe cassiesmom meant Angel's tongue would not hold still enough for a picture like that?

cassiesmom
10-14-2014, 03:30 PM
Maybe cassiesmom meant Angel's tongue would not hold still enough for a picture like that?

It just gave me a huge laugh on a day that wasn't going well for lots of reasons.

LH, what's a loud tongue? (What makes Angel's tongue especially loud?)

Lady's Human
10-15-2014, 02:53 PM
Most dogs tongue's don't make much, if any, noise.

Angel's tongue makes a very loud fwoop when giving kisses. Hard to explain unless you met her, but you'd know instantly what I meant.

Lady's Human
10-30-2014, 04:49 PM
Angel, you're NOT going to catch that little red squirrel, and I really don't enjoy helping you down out of the kids' playhouse.

Karen
10-30-2014, 05:07 PM
Angel, you're NOT going to catch that little red squirrel, and I really don't enjoy helping you down out of the kids' playhouse.

"But Daaaaaadddd, it wuz taunting me!"

Of all the family dogs, probably Sheba was the only one fast enough, and she was an efficient killer of anything she caught. Angel, you just are not Sheba!

cassiesmom
10-30-2014, 05:35 PM
Most dogs tongue's don't make much, if any, noise.

Angel's tongue makes a very loud fwoop when giving kisses. Hard to explain unless you met her, but you'd know instantly what I meant.

Awww, Angel! I bet you give your people a lot of kisses with your fwoopy tongue! Especially to your dad after he helps you out of the play house ;)

Lady's Human
10-30-2014, 06:06 PM
"But Daaaaaadddd, it wuz taunting me!"

Of all the family dogs, probably Sheba was the only one fast enough, and she was an efficient killer of anything she caught. Angel, you just are not Sheba!

Well, Gracie (lab/dane mix, great dog but could never be accused of being overly intelligent) was certainly fast enough, she just wasn't smart enough to know what to do with it when she finally ran down a rabbit. Freckles (St. Bernard) was hearbroken that it didn't want to play anymore (after the squirrel took a 15 foot vertical flight, landed, stunned, came to and ran off)

cassiesmom
11-04-2014, 06:24 PM
Dear Angel and your humans, how was Halloween at your house? Have you seen any turkeys, cows or other "visitors" in your yard recently? :)

pomtzu
11-05-2014, 07:49 AM
Big brave Wolfy :rolleyes: had the crap scared out of him yesterday. With all the wind we have recently had, a lot of dead branches were blown out of the trees, along with the leaves getting ready to fall. We were walking around the yard yesterday, and Wolf was lollygagging along behind me. Next I know - he goes flying past me like the devil was after him. Well - to him it must have seemed like some strange monster was chasing him and going to eat him. This "monster" was a small branch with dead leaves on it, and he got it caught in his long fur and was dragging it along and it was making a rustling noise. Poor baby - it really scared him. I laughed the whole time as I pulled it free of his fur. Wimp!!! :D

Karen
11-05-2014, 03:04 PM
Big brave Wolfy :rolleyes: had the crap scared out of him yesterday. With all the wind we have recently had, a lot of dead branches were blown out of the trees, along with the leaves getting ready to fall. We were walking around the yard yesterday, and Wolf was lollygagging along behind me. Next I know - he goes flying past me like the devil was after him. Well - to him it must have seemed like some strange monster was chasing him and going to eat him. This "monster" was a small branch with dead leaves on it, and he got it caught in his long fur and was dragging it along and it was making a rustling noise. Poor baby - it really scared him. I laughed the whole time as I pulled it free of his fur. Wimp!!! :D

Oh, the humiliation! Poor Wolfy!

Lady's Human
11-05-2014, 03:56 PM
Dear Angel and your humans, how was Halloween at your house? Have you seen any turkeys, cows or other "visitors" in your yard recently? :)

Halloween here was quiet, we're far too far out in the boonies to really get trick or treaters. The only odd visitor we've had lately is the aforementioned red squirrel.

pomtzu
11-05-2014, 05:42 PM
Oh, the humiliation! Poor Wolfy!

Never would have guessed that our afternoon walk would be so entertaining - for me anyway. Those dried crunchy leaves on the branch, dragging thru the dried crunchy leaves on the ground, made quite a scary noise in Wolfy's opinion - and not to mention that branch was running after him - and just as fast as he was running too. :eek::eek: Would have made a great video - but of course the camera was in the house. He really would have been humiliated to the max if it was recorded for all the world to see.......................Tee-hee-hee :D

Karen
11-05-2014, 05:55 PM
Halloween here was quiet, we're far too far out in the boonies to really get trick or treaters. The only odd visitor we've had lately is the aforementioned red squirrel.

Do you get more deer sighting, as the leaves fall? Or not until later in the season? Just curious!

Lady's Human
11-05-2014, 10:57 PM
It all depends on the weather and the time of day more than the leaves. They are literal ghosts when they want to be. On cold nights and cold mornings they're moving around looking for food, and when the rut starts all bets are off.

Karen
11-06-2014, 01:44 AM
Okay, was just curious!

Lady's Human
11-14-2014, 02:29 AM
So we had the boy's cub scout pack over for their den meeting so the kids could toast marshmallows in the fireplace because their bonfire got cancelled. You'd figure Angel would be completely tired from keeping tabs on the 10 or so kids and 6 adults who were at the house.

WRONG!

I got home yesterday morning and we weren't tired at all, we wanted MORE playtime after breakfast before going to bed. :rolleyes:

Karen
11-14-2014, 03:06 AM
So we had the boy's cub scout pack over for their den meeting so the kids could toast marshmallows in the fireplace because their bonfire got cancelled. You'd figure Angel would be completely tired from keeping tabs on the 10 or so kids and 6 adults who were at the house.

WRONG!

I got home yesterday morning and we weren't tired at all, we wanted MORE playtime after breakfast before going to bed. :rolleyes:

Hmm, maybe someone snuck her a marshmallow or two? ;)

Lady's Human
11-14-2014, 04:55 AM
Hmm, maybe someone snuck her a marshmallow or two? ;)

No marshmallows went to the pup, as it was there were only 6 left in the bag when the kids were done. The situation was monitored closely. The LAST thing we need is Angel on a sugar high.

cassiesmom
11-14-2014, 02:27 PM
So we had the boy's cub scout pack over for their den meeting so the kids could toast marshmallows in the fireplace because their bonfire got cancelled.

Awww, Angel! I bet that was as much fun for you as it was for the scouts!

Lady's Human
11-14-2014, 10:43 PM
Angel had a blast, and I was happy to see that the scouts are USING their lessons. Every one of them knew what to do when meeting a strange dog. The den leader's son was VERY unsure of her, though, as he has a pretty sedentary older lab at home, and Angel, well, sedentary isn't in her vocabulary.

Lady's Human
11-18-2014, 05:36 AM
Angel is having a bad morning.

It's currently 16 degrees outside, and we had to bear the indignity of our morning walk.

As we were recovering from our walk (and no, we still don't like our coat), one of the three blankets she had made into a nest fell on the floor, and no one picked it up to tuck us back in.

Karen
11-18-2014, 11:17 AM
Angel is having a bad morning.

It's currently 16 degrees outside, and we had to bear the indignity of our morning walk.

As we were recovering from our walk (and no, we still don't like our coat), one of the three blankets she had made into a nest fell on the floor, and no one picked it up to tuck us back in.

Oh, what a hard life!

Angel, honey, a coat is a GOOD thing! I promise! Would auntie lie to you?

cassiesmom
11-18-2014, 08:26 PM
You've heard of the band Three dog night?

According to Angel it's a three blanket afternoon. COLD and windy.

You do have a short coat, Angel. Does your breed tend to be on the lean side? I know there are some breeds of dogs that have almost no fat on their body (like the greyhound), so they sometimes need an extra "layer" to keep warm. I bet it can take 3 blankets to help you warm up after a trip outside! I agree with your auntie, an overcoat might not be a bad idea on very cold days.

I'm glad you and the boy scouts had a great time together! :D You helped them practice their skill of meeting a new dog, and you got to have fun with all of them!

cassiesmom
11-24-2014, 05:40 PM
Today's Dog of the Day Meadow is a Podenco Ibicenco who was rescued from Spain and now lives in California. Last week we had a Dog of the Day named Baltasar, who was also rescued from Spain and lives in Canada - he is a Galgo Dog, though. Two dogs from Spain in the same month on Dog of the Day! Thank you, Karen and Paul for selecting these two dogs because I learned a lot from each one AND I got to enjoy their wonderful stories and pictures. I hope they will both have very long, happy, fun-filled lives!

p.s., when I put Podenco Ibicenco in the Google search box I also got results for Ibizan Hound. I think I've seen the Ibizan Hound in the Westminster dog show? But I could be wrong.

pomtzu
11-26-2014, 11:28 AM
Funny - how something so very simple, can bring back a cherished - but not too often thought about - fond memory.

Yesterday I was at the kitchen counter, cubing bread for the turkey dressing. While I putter around the kitchen doing this or that, I make Wolfy stay out of the kitchen, since he has a way of getting underfoot and I don't need to trip over him. He was laying in the dining room with his head into the kitchen area, when I dropped a couple of bread cubes. In a flash he was there to clean them up for me, and then he went back to his lookout from the dining room. A little later and more fallen bread, and he's back again to clean up for me. He was in his glory!!!

Sweet little Sparky always did the very same thing, :love: so of course when Wolfy did it, I got rather nostalgic. I sometimes think that he is Sparky reincarnated, since he does so many things just like Sparky did. Miss Myndi preferred her food handed to her, or at least presented in a bowl. She very seldom ate anything that had fallen by accident. Prissy missy she was............... :rolleyes::love:

Karen
11-26-2014, 01:53 PM
Funny - how something so very simple, can bring back a cherished - but not too often thought about - fond memory.

Yesterday I was at the kitchen counter, cubing bread for the turkey dressing. While I putter around the kitchen doing this or that, I make Wolfy stay out of the kitchen, since he has a way of getting underfoot and I don't need to trip over him. He was laying in the dining room with his head into the kitchen area, when I dropped a couple of bread cubes. In a flash he was there to clean them up for me, and then he went back to his lookout from the dining room. A little later and more fallen bread, and he's back again to clean up for me. He was in his glory!!!

Sweet little Sparky always did the very same thing, :love: so of course when Wolfy did it, I got rather nostalgic. I sometimes think that he is Sparky reincarnated, since he does so many things just like Sparky did. Miss Myndi preferred her food handed to her, or at least presented in a bowl. She very seldom ate anything that had fallen by accident. Prissy missy she was............... :rolleyes::love:

He knew his "job!" Good boy, Wolfy!

Lady's Human
11-26-2014, 02:00 PM
Someone is looking down from the bridge whispering (psst....wolfy...here's how you do this...)

pomtzu
11-26-2014, 02:20 PM
Someone is looking down from the bridge whispering (psst....wolfy...here's how you do this...)

I have no doubt. As time passes, I see him doing more and more things exactly as Sparky did! ;)

cassiesmom
11-26-2014, 02:51 PM

:love: :love: a couple of Someone's :love: :love:

pomtzu
11-26-2014, 03:44 PM
:love: :love: a couple of Someone's :love: :love:

Yes - Miss Bossy would have to approve any and all communication, even tho Sparky has to make the contact. :eek::D

Lady's Human
11-30-2014, 01:49 PM
I dot a told id by doze.

Ids okay, do, I dot by durse buppy ad by dissues.

nighty night.

Karen
11-30-2014, 05:10 PM
I dot a told id by doze.

nighty night.

So glad Angel is on nurse duty, and you have tissues handy as well. Feel better soon!

pomtzu
12-01-2014, 10:16 AM
I dot a told id by doze.

nighty night.

Me thinks you need a nose mitten. :(

Feel better soon. :)

cassiesmom
12-02-2014, 07:04 PM
I dot a told id by doze.

nighty night.

Angel, durse buppy - I would be happy to share my license with you! I dot a told too (and a toff and a headache). I don't have a durse buppy to help me, but thinking of you gives me a huge smile! :D

Lady's Human
12-03-2014, 01:22 AM
Angle bakes ad excellent durse buppy.

The only problem is when you have to ge tup to do something and she's determined that she's going to keep you warm. Ever try moving a 60 lb. heat rock?

Lady's Human
12-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Well, Angel's Human fits right into a Pet Talk family.

Last night, while we were sitting in the livingroom watching TV, Angel was firmly nested in the 4 blankets she had piled and wrapped herself in.

Angel's Human went to grab a blanket from the edge of the nest, and LOH and I jokingly scolded her about taking the pup's nest.

She went off to her room and grabbed another blanket, leaving Angel's nest intact. LOL

Karen
12-16-2014, 04:12 PM

Last night, while we were sitting in the livingroom watching TV, Angel was firmly nested in the 4 blankets she had piled and wrapped herself in.

Angel's Human went to grab a blanket from the edge of the nest, and LOH and I jokingly scolded her about taking the pup's nest.

She went off to her room and grabbed another blanket, leaving Angel's nest intact. LOL

Hee hee - she's well trained!

cassiesmom
12-16-2014, 04:50 PM

:D Angel, your human grabbed another blanket instead of one from your nest!

Angel's Human
12-16-2014, 07:56 PM
At least I don't give the pup JELLY BEANS or FROOT LOOPS RIGHT OUT OF THE BOWL. (ahem, Lady's Human, Lady's Other Human...)

Karen
12-16-2014, 10:41 PM
At least I don't give the pup JELLY BEANS or FROOT LOOPS RIGHT OUT OF THE BOWL. (ahem, Lady's Human, Lady's Other Human...)

Hee hee - Angel is a right spoiled pup -- as it should be! ;) Will she at least be a good lap/foot warmer on cold evenings? And mornings? I remember our Saint Bernard, Freckles being happiest when the whole family was around the table at once on winter mornings, and we all had our feet tucked under or against her for warmth!

cassiesmom
12-23-2014, 02:10 PM
Angel puppy, I hope you and all your humans will have a very Merry Christmas! :D

Lady's Human
12-23-2014, 03:58 PM
Can someone 'splain to me why they won't let me bring sticks in the house, but Dad just came in the house with a REALLY big pine stick and stood it up in my livingroom?

-One very confuzzled fuzzbutt

cassiesmom
12-23-2014, 06:22 PM
Can someone 'splain to me why they won't let me bring sticks in the house, but Dad just came in the house with a REALLY big pine stick and stood it up in my livingroom?

-One very confuzzled fuzzbutt

Angel pup, does the pine stick have sharp green things on it? (try not to step on them) If it does, that's good- pretty soon there will be a pile of gifts beneath it and I bet there will be something for you :) maybe a treat or new toy :)

P.S., how is your nest of blankets?

Lady's Human
12-23-2014, 06:33 PM
My nest isz quite warm, but the hoomans keep picking it up off of the floor and folding all of the pieces (I use one piece for each paw!)

Karen
12-27-2014, 08:08 PM
So, Angel pup, how is it going with all those people at the house?

Lady's Human
12-28-2014, 05:03 PM
Someone is now decidedly miffed.

2 days of multiple people in the house, with all of them suckers to pay attention to a puppy.

Now we're back to just our regular humans and the cat.

Karen
12-28-2014, 05:14 PM
Someone is now decidedly miffed.

2 days of multiple people in the house, with all of them suckers to pay attention to a puppy.

Now we're back to just our regular humans and the cat.

Awww, I am surprised she didn't try to sneak out with someone for a r-i-d-e! I'd think she'd be too tuckered out to be miffed!

Lady's Human
12-29-2014, 07:48 AM
While we're sitting here relaxing in a moment of calm, this is yet another difference between Angel and Lady.

We've never been completely certain as to how Angel would handle a crowd of people in her house. Now we know.

If there were 12 people in the house with Lady, the old girl would have been glued to me or hiding, trying to stay out of the way.
Angel, on the other hand, was in her glory.

12 people? Then we have 12 people to spoil a pup instead of the usual 4!WOohoo!!!

Karen
12-29-2014, 10:58 AM
While we're sitting here relaxing in a moment of calm, this is yet another difference between Angel and Lady.

We've never been completely certain as to how Angel would handle a crowd of people in her house. Now we know.

If there were 12 people in the house with Lady, the old girl would have been glued to me or hiding, trying to stay out of the way.

12 people? Then we have 12 people to spoil a pup instead of the usual 4!WOohoo!!!

Aww, that's fun! Social butterfly!

cassiesmom
12-29-2014, 01:42 PM

Angel pup, I am so glad you had 8 extra people to spoil you! Could you please have your humans give you some petting for me :) Social butterfly for sure!

Lady's Human
12-31-2014, 12:14 AM
Angel gets most of the attention she wants.

The extra hands just made it less needy for a few days.

I do wish that she'd quit checking out my new haircut. I got it cut back to regulation length, I got tired of dealing with high maintenance hair. Her whiskers now tickle like crazy while she's checking me out.

cassiesmom
01-02-2015, 08:08 PM
Dear Angel, Patch and your humans ... Happy New Year! :)

Lady's Human
02-07-2015, 10:52 PM
This was utterly silly.

Angel was being a total nudge tonight, she kept bugging me for some unknown reason.

After an hour or so of trying to figure out what was wrong in her puppy world, LOH figured it out:

We were all sitting in the wrong places in the living room. Angel's Human was crashed on the couch in the spot LOH normally sits in. She had crashed there earlier in the day becuase she wasn't feeling well. After dinner, I sat down in my usual spot, and the nudge came out in Angel full force.

LOH and Angel's Human switched spots, and all was well.

Karen
02-07-2015, 11:10 PM
This was utterly silly.

Angel was being a total nudge tonight, she kept bugging me for some unknown reason.

After an hour or so of trying to figure out what was wrong in her puppy world, LOH figured it out:

We were all sitting in the wrong places in the living room. Angel's Human was crashed on the couch in the spot LOH normally sits in. She had crashed there earlier in the day becuase she wasn't feeling well. After dinner, I sat down in my usual spot, and the nudge came out in Angel full force.

She certainly has you all well trained! I hope Angel's Human feels better soon, it's not fun being sick, I know.

cassiesmom
02-09-2015, 02:23 PM
This was utterly silly.

Wow, Angel! Each of your people has an assigned seat, and when they made a change, it didn't quite work for you. I think you have them very well trained! (Seriously, though- I wonder why Angel was uneasy with AH and LOH in different places?)

Lady's Human
02-09-2015, 06:33 PM
Besides having an OCD dog, I'm not sure.

She's better than a clock with certain things, and everything MUST be in the right place.

Speaking of which, Axel, someone needs her 730 PM out. It's hard to type with a dog on your shoulder.

Lady's Human
02-10-2015, 03:33 PM
As time goes on, I'm beginning to see HOW rough Angel's time was before she came home.

I was working on the house today (long story) and had to go out through the basement to take her out. She's never been through that way before. When I took her out, she was absolutely trembling in fear for some odd reason. She kept trembling until we went back in.

I often wonder what shelter dogs have been through, and what goes through their minds at times.

Karen
02-10-2015, 03:37 PM
Aww, how sad! It's okay, Angel pup! No demons live in that basement!

Lady's Human
03-03-2015, 05:17 AM
Well this is silly.

As some of you might have noticed, here in the northeast corner of the US it's been a little on the chilly side and a little on the snowy side.

Angel's normal morning routine is AOH gets up at 5AM to take her for her morning out. For whatever reason, no alarm clocks went off, and the pup stayed on the couch curled up under two blankets all night. When we finally did get up, the boy went out to the couch and I told him to take her out for her morning piddle break. Angel looked at me with a face that said "seriously, dude? You want me to abandon a warm couch with a scritching boy to go out in THAT? Ain't happening.

For those of you who haven't met her, yes, my dog WOULD call me dude.

cassiesmom
03-03-2015, 05:24 AM
Awww, Angel pup! Can you go out quickly, and then hurry back inside? It snowed in Chicago overnight, just enough to provide a fresh coating - but now, 5:30ish AM, I can hear the rain (or maybe freezing rain?) falling on the metal roof vent. I don't blame you for not wanting to go outside in the cold. Maybe your young human will give you a few scritches when you come back inside, and you can get back on your blanket-nest. And I agree about the basement, no demons there. Your people will help you if you should ever need to go down there for some reason.

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-03-2015, 06:07 AM
Every once in a while I see Angel carry two tennis balls in her mouth and wondered how she did it, now I know....

We pick up one tennis ball and carry it over to the other, we put the one we are carrying down next to the one already on the floor. We then procede to step on one so it doesn't move and pick up both at the same time by grabbing in the middle of two and pick them up.

( Yeah, she's just a dumb dog......)

Karen
03-03-2015, 08:36 PM
Every once in a while I see Angel carry two tennis balls in her mouth and wondered how she did it, now I know....

We pick up one tennis ball and carry it over to the other, we put the one we are carrying down next to the one already on the floor. We then procede to step on one so it doesn't move and pick up both at the same time by grabbing in the middle of two and pick them up.

( Yeah, she's just a dumb dog......)

We once had someone complain to us that we were promoting dog abuse when we featured a Dog of the Day, Farley*, with three tennis balls in his mouth at once, when you and I know that for most dogs, Angel, any Retrievers of any sort - the more tennis balls the better!

*http://dogoftheday.com/archive/2000/April/14.html

Lady's Human
03-06-2015, 03:12 PM
Last night something happened that hasn't happened since Lady went to the bridge:

I was poked in the ribs by a dog wanting attention. :rolleyes:

Karen
03-06-2015, 03:35 PM
Last night something happened that hasn't happened since Lady went to the bridge:

I was poked in the ribs by a dog wanting attention. :rolleyes:

Her usual methods must not have worked, so she consulted Lady angel, I bet!

Lady'sOtherHuman
03-07-2015, 08:27 AM
Apparently, if LH isn't around to follow the routine AH is an acceptable substitute.

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h65/commolady/image.jpg1_zpssib1mfgz.jpg (http://s61.photobucket.com/user/commolady/media/image.jpg1_zpssib1mfgz.jpg.html)

Karen
03-07-2015, 08:42 AM
Awwww, that's fun! It's always interesting to see who places where on a dog's priority list!

Lady's Human
03-07-2015, 06:59 PM
BTW, nice sweatshirt, kiddo!:p

Karen
03-07-2015, 08:18 PM
BTW, nice sweatshirt, kiddo!:p

I noticed that right away! ;) Well, after Angel and her human's expressions, of course!

Lady's Human
03-14-2015, 11:29 AM
Geeze! A guy can't even sneak a cookie or two around here without a tan, black and white fuzzbutt narkin on him!

cassiesmom
03-14-2015, 03:29 PM
Angel pup, next time your dad is having a cookie, could you please have him serve you a treat for me? (if he says you can have one) :D Happy Saturday!

Lady's Human
03-14-2015, 10:23 PM
LOH's response to you, Cassiesmom?

Great, now you've got Pet Talk spoiling her, too!

Lady's Human
03-17-2015, 07:00 AM
Ummm, Patch? I'm warm, toasty, curled up in my blankets on the couch.

I'm NOT chasing you, no matter how many times you zoom by me trying to tease me.

cassiesmom
03-20-2015, 05:52 PM
Angel pup, next time your dad is having a cookie, could you please have him serve you a treat for me? (if he says you can have one) :D Happy Saturday!

pssst... Angel ... it's been almost a week since your dad served you a treat for me ... could you please have him do it again? (if he says it is okay for you to have one) :D I know that you are a good girl, you go out with your people when it is time, and you give your people tons of smiles just by being yourself! So, if it were me I would be serving you a treat. I hope it's okay. Or maybe some extra petting, if dad says no treat right now.

Your admiring fan,
Elyse

cassiesmom
03-23-2015, 02:55 PM
Today (March 23) is National Puppy Day! So ... Angel pup, could you please have your people give you some extra petting and maybe a big hug for me. :D

Your admiring fan,
Elyse

Lady's Human
03-23-2015, 03:10 PM
One question:

According to Angel, 24/7 scritching is appropriate. She isn't exactly subtle about wanting scritches and attention, so how can we do "extra"? LOL

cassiesmom
03-26-2015, 04:21 PM
One question:

According to Angel, 24/7 scritching is appropriate. She isn't exactly subtle about wanting scritches and attention, so how can we do "extra"? LOL

If she's anything like my cat was - you should stop whatever you're doing right now, and provide scritches and attention. There is no reason for the staff to do anything humans do when the cat is available for attention. You didn't really want to read a book, pay bills or work on the computer when you could be giving lovies to the cat, now, did you? :) My nephew's cat was the same way, especially in the kitchen. If someone was cooking or doing dishes, and he wanted to receive petting, he would either sit smack in the middle of the kitchen floor or hop up on the counter to get his people's attention. Silly kitty, I miss him very much.

Lady's Human
03-27-2015, 12:53 AM
What gets silly is when Patch and Angel try to monopolize the available human(s).

I've said many mornings, lying in bed under a blanket of dog and cat "Guys, I'm warm and toasty, but I'm SQUISHED!"

BTW, Angel didn't get extra attention for National Puppy day, but she DID get a new rope and a bag of Mother Hubbard dog biscuits.

Lady's Human
03-27-2015, 02:47 PM
And as I returned to bed this afternoon I saw a dog and a cat looking at me.

The looks on their faces told me "Dude, you stole our heat rock! Bring it back!"

Karen
03-27-2015, 03:27 PM
And as I returned to bed this afternoon I saw a dog and a cat looking at me.

The looks on their faces told me "Dude, you stole our heat rock! Bring it back!"

Hey, at least you didn't have to fight for space!

Lady's Human
04-07-2015, 12:24 AM
Angel's definitions:

Multitasking: The ability to play tug of war with a rope, watch the cat, and still nap all at the same time.

Lady's Human
04-16-2015, 10:57 PM
Not that Angel is set in her ways....

Her boy normally gets home from school and gets off the bus at about 3:20pm, give or take a few minutes.

This afternoon, they had an emergency evacuation drill before the busses left school for the day, which set them back a few minutes. At 3:27 I had a dog sitting on me in bed to wake me up wondering where her boy was.

They're just dumb animals...

cassiesmom
04-16-2015, 11:01 PM
Oh my goodness, Angel! You were ready for your boy to arrive, and then he was delayed for a short while. I bet you were very happy when he got home! :) He must enjoy having you as greeter!

I don't think you are dumb at all. I've read that cats can get accustomed to routines. Maybe dogs do too, sometimes.

Karen
04-16-2015, 11:08 PM
Oh my goodness, Angel! You were ready for your boy to arrive, and then he was delayed for a short while. I bet you were very happy when he got home! :) He must enjoy having you as greeter!

I don't think you are dumb at all. I've read that cats can get accustomed to routines. Maybe dogs do too, sometimes.

Dogs are so completely creatures of routine - Dad always had a hard time getting Bruni to adjust to the time change - when we'd set the clocks back an hour in the fall, he'd essentially have a St. Bernard in his pocket for the hour before her five o'clock supper time!

Lady's Human
04-16-2015, 11:12 PM
Angel takes "routine" to the OCD level. :p

cassiesmom
04-20-2015, 12:06 PM
Not that Angel is set in her ways....

Her boy normally gets home from school and gets off the bus at about 3:20pm, give or take a few minutes.

This afternoon, they had an emergency evacuation drill before the busses left school for the day, which set them back a few minutes. At 3:27 I had a dog sitting on me in bed to wake me up wondering where her boy was.

They're just dumb animals...

Here's my guess at the rest of the story ... Angel's boy came home from school, Angel was delighted to see him and was ready to play :)

Lady's Human
04-22-2015, 12:50 AM
After Angel gets done with her greetings, which normally go from "BARK! Who's there??!!" to wagging and wiggling to the point of loss of coordination once she figures out that the person is, in fact, allowed to be there, the person in question usually gets handed a rope, unless it's LOH, in which case she impatiently waits for her to sit down on the couch to get the full greeting and inspection.

Karen
04-22-2015, 06:38 PM
After Angel gets done with her greetings, which normally go from "BARK! Who's there??!!" to wagging and wiggling to the point of loss of coordination once she figures out that the person is, in fact, allowed to be there, the person in question usually gets handed a rope, unless it's LOH, in which case she impatiently waits for her to sit down on the couch to get the full greeting and inspection.

It is good she knows to wait for LOH, as mom is not as steady on her feet as the rest of the family!

pomtzu
04-23-2015, 08:35 AM
It is good she knows to wait for LOH, as mom is not as steady on her feet as the rest of the family!

Oh yeah - I can identify with LOH on that. Little 12 lb Wolfy can easily knock/pull me off balance, and has on numerous occasions. That "fall" I took in NC, was actually Wolfy lunging and pulling on his leash in the opposite direction that we were walking, and down I went It was close to $100 thousand later with the repair to the collapsed hardware in my lumbar spine when all the expenses were added up -- surgery, doctor, hospital, anesthesia, numerous x-rays and imaging, meds, travel and transportation, on-going follow-up consultations etc. And it's not done yet, since I still have to get back for a recheck appointment that I cancelled and haven't rescheduled yet. Good thing I really love this little "mighty dog"......:):love:

Be careful - these 4-legged kids don't know their own strength - or their Mommy's weaknesses either. :(

cassiesmom
04-29-2015, 07:07 PM
Dear Angel, could you please have your humans give you some scritchies and petting for me. I'm working on a project at work that has to be done by tomorrow, and thinking of you gives me a big smile :D

Your fan,
Elyse

Lady's Human
04-30-2015, 05:54 PM
Angel would like to remind everyone that it's National adopt a shelter pet day.

Yes, she said pet, even those nasty kitties deserve sorta good homes...she guesses...

Karen
04-30-2015, 08:30 PM
Angel would like to remind everyone that it's National adopt a shelter pet day.

Yes, she said pet, even those nasty kitties deserve sorta good homes...she guesses...

Aww, that's nice of you, Angel! Just don't read her today's bunny's story!

Lady's Human
04-30-2015, 10:33 PM
Dear Angel, could you please have your humans give you some scritchies and petting for me. I'm working on a project at work that has to be done by tomorrow, and thinking of you gives me a big smile :D

Your fan,
Elyse

Elyse-

I had to be durse buppy today fer the older skinkid (MY hooman!!!) so I had plenty of cuddle time and scritches from her. I kept her pinned to the sofa pretty well, except for the times I had to go run Patch off of Dad's bed.