PDA

View Full Version : Please keep Joseph in your thoughts

emily_the_spoiled
09-09-2013, 11:08 AM
So yesterday I ended up taking Joseph to the emergency vet and it turns out that he was blocked. I had been treating him for a UTI for about a week, but on Saturday morning when he didn't wake me up I sensed something was wrong. I should have taken him to the vet on Saturday night, but it was late and I was tired. So I took him Sunday morning. It turns out that his urthera was blocked and had been for about a day. I picked him up from the emergency vet this morning and took him to one of my regular vets. But he looked so unhappy with the cone, IV, and catheter in place. But at least he is alive and doing MUCH better than yesterday...

WILDCATS
09-09-2013, 11:20 AM
:love: Poor little sweetheart so sorry to hear you are poorly, but glad to hear you are a little better. Purrs from Tilly and Scooby. :love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
09-09-2013, 12:22 PM
I'm sorry to hear this.:( I hope he'll recover quickly. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent his way.:love:

phesina
09-09-2013, 12:47 PM
Prayers and positive thoughts and healing energies are being sent for Joseph.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
09-09-2013, 01:55 PM
Aww, prayers for quick healing!

snakemama
09-09-2013, 02:37 PM
Owee Joseph!! :( Luckily, a blockage caught quickly is quite fixable! I hope he's back to 100% very soon!

So yesterday I ended up taking Joseph to the emergency vet and it turns out that he was blocked. I had been treating him for a UTI for about a week, but on Saturday morning when he didn't wake me up I sensed something was wrong. I should have taken him to the vet on Saturday night, but it was late and I was tired. So I took him Sunday morning. It turns out that his urthera was blocked and had been for about a day. I picked him up from the emergency vet this morning and took him to one of my regular vets. But he looked so unhappy with the cone, IV, and catheter in place. But at least he is alive and doing MUCH better than yesterday...

emily_the_spoiled
09-09-2013, 02:42 PM
I received a call from the vet and it turns out that he also has an eye and ear infection and he needs his teeth cleaned :(

The vet thinks one of these infections might have caused the original UTI...

WILDCATS
09-10-2013, 08:55 AM
:love: thank goodness not as bad as you though, hopefully he will be fine. Good Luck. :)

emily_the_spoiled
09-10-2013, 09:07 AM
I received the best birthday present this morning... the vet called this morning and thankfully he does not have any permanent damage to his kidneys or liver because of the crystals :)

catmandu
09-10-2013, 09:26 AM
My Juke Joint Joseph and his Dear HH Lady Edwina Rose Angels are there for your Joseph, and they will bring Joseph lots of great take out from Laguna Niquel which will make your Joseph feel better. We are praying taht your Joseph will be better soon , and will be the same way he has always been.:love::love::love:

Catty1
09-10-2013, 10:11 AM
I am so glad there is no permanent damage! Hopefully the dental will ease the infections in his system. Get well soon, Joseph!:love:

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2013, 12:03 PM
I received the best birthday present this morning... the vet called this morning and thankfully he does not have any permanent damage to his kidneys or liver because of the crystals :)

This is wonderful news.:D

phesina
09-10-2013, 04:49 PM
Excellent news! We're so glad!!!!!

mrspunkysmom
09-10-2013, 08:01 PM
Great news!

emily_the_spoiled
09-11-2013, 10:16 AM
I get to pick Joseph up this afternoon from the vet's office. He is coming home with all kinds of pills and drops, so the next week or so will be fun :D But he is coming home!

Joseph also had eye problems and couldn't see, so the vet did a little surgery to remove some of the adhesions on the third eye lid. Now I have to take him to the vet ophthalmologist in the area to see if any of his sight can be recovered (which would be a nice surprise for him).

But I am going to hate to see this vet bill (even though it was worth it) :eek:

phesina
09-11-2013, 03:44 PM
Welcome HOME, Joseph! I bet you'll be so glad to be back with Meowmie.

Here's hoping the vet ophthalmologist can fix your eyes (without breaking the bank)!

emily_the_spoiled
09-12-2013, 09:00 AM
Once he knew that he was back home he was cuddly all night and slept curled up next to me most of the night. (But he is hiding now when I need to give him his meds :rolleyes:)

But we have an appointment tomorrow morning with the vet ophthalmologist to se what he says, so maybe...

dehlers43
09-12-2013, 12:21 PM
Have you tried pill pockets? Franklin gets meds twice a day and thanks to pill pockets he thinks he is just getting treats. They are a bit pricey but you can mush up cheaper soft treats and mix them in with the pill pockets to make them go farther. I just knead the treats and pockets together to make a ball of dough. Kind of has the consistency of playdoh. Then I pinch off what I need to cover the pill and voila!

emily_the_spoiled
09-12-2013, 12:58 PM
I buy pill pockets in bulk because I have other cats who regularly take medicine :rolleyes: But for some reason Joseph has figured out how to "eat around" the pocket. So when it comes to pills we have to do the old fashion pill shooter. But it is the ear (1) and eye (3) drops/ointments that I have problems with. I do use the "burrito role" but I don't want him to run away from me every time he sees me now :(