PDA

View Full Version : Computer help? Internet/Mac-related

Roxyluvsme13
09-06-2013, 10:42 AM
Okay, I have a problem.

I have a 2010 MacBook Pro.

My internet won't let me open yahoo, google, netflix, any links that someone sends me on facebook, and apple.com. I can do google searches or go to apple discussions though if I link it off a google search. I can click my search results sometimes and sometimes I can't.

My computer has been restarted, virus scanned, malware scanned, whatever else you can think of. It's just me having the problem. No one in the house is having it. The router has been reset with no luck.

Any ideas?

I'm going to try a different internet connection later today and see if it's a comcast/my laptop conflict or if it's really my laptop. Gonna run another virus scan while I'm at work...

It's driving me nuts though. I can't check my email or watch netflix and it's making me mad.

Any help/suggestions are appreciated.

If you link me to a website I probably can't open it... lol

Karen
09-06-2013, 10:48 AM
We are glad you can still post here! Does anyone else ever use your MacBook? Any chance someone has set "parental controls" to block certain sites? What happens when you try to go to them?

Alysser
09-06-2013, 11:25 AM
Karen said my only options to. If you can't figure it out I suggest an apple store visit. It usually turns out to be something stupid lol

Randi
09-06-2013, 12:11 PM
Can't you open Mac's e-mail program, either?

I'm on a Mac and have problems with FB, too. Can't open any Flash movies. :rolleyes:

Try and run Disk Utility.

Roxyluvsme13
09-06-2013, 02:38 PM
We are glad you can still post here! Does anyone else ever use your MacBook? Any chance someone has set "parental controls" to block certain sites? What happens when you try to go to them?
No, I am the only one that uses it. When I go to them I get "Problem loading page. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading."

Karen said my only options to. If you can't figure it out I suggest an apple store visit. It usually turns out to be something stupid lol
It has to be something stupid because everything else is working fine and I don't understand why I can only access certain websites.

Can't you open Mac's e-mail program, either?

I'm on a Mac and have problems with FB, too. Can't open any Flash movies. :rolleyes:

Try and run Disk Utility.
Yes I can open my mail app.

I'll run disk utility and see if that helps.

Randi
09-06-2013, 03:23 PM
Oh, one more thing... have you checked for software updates?

Roxyluvsme13
09-06-2013, 04:53 PM
Oh, one more thing... have you checked for software updates?

Yes, I think that was one of the first things I tried too. I'm still on Snow leopard, I wonder if that has anything to do with it :/

So I went to reply to a Craigslist ad and used the reply with Yahoo link and it lets me get into my email that way :confused:

mrspunkysmom
09-06-2013, 05:47 PM
Yes, I think that was one of the first things I tried too. I'm still on Snow leopard, I wonder if that has anything to do with it :/

So I went to reply to a Craigslist ad and used the reply with Yahoo link and it lets me get into my email that way :confused:

i had that problem recently, and it was my Internet Security Program. It deemed certain sites as bad and wouldn't let me load the entire page if at all.

Roxyluvsme13
09-06-2013, 07:39 PM
i had that problem recently, and it was my Internet Security Program. It deemed certain sites as bad and wouldn't let me load the entire page if at all.
You are my hero!

So, avast's webshield was currently blocking all those sites. I turned it off and voila.