PDA

View Full Version : Taking Ebby to the vets ...

ChrisH
09-06-2013, 09:05 AM
... on Monday. Could we please have good thoughts for there to be nothing, or next to nothing, wrong with my beautiful girl? Thanks.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Ebby/DSCN0361-1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/CwmmawrJet/media/Ebby/DSCN0361-1.jpg.html)

Randi
09-06-2013, 09:16 AM
Chris, I'll be sending lots of positive thoughts to Ebby and hope she'll pass the examination with flying colours. :)

Is there a specific reason you take her, or is it just for a check-up?

Give you sweet girl some kisses from me. :love:

ChrisH
09-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Thanks Randi.

No, not a check-up, hard to explain ... she is drinking very noisily, very loudly, otherwise she is fine but I am worried enough to get it checked out. Also, a protruding bony area in her front that she has always had seems a little bigger, but that could be down to my imagination.

Your kisses will be given later for sure. :)

pomtzu
09-06-2013, 09:55 AM
Sending positive vibes to Miss Pretty Kitty! :love:

Maybe the noisy drinking is her manners just slipping a wee bit??? :p Seriously tho - hoping it's nothing to be concerned about.

Karen
09-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Aww, okay. Could be congestion that makes her drinking noisier ... says an allergic human during ragweed season ...

krazyaboutkatz
09-06-2013, 12:01 PM
I sure hope that everything is fine with her. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.:love:

katladyd
09-06-2013, 01:38 PM
How old is Ebby? When my Mac entered his "Golden Years", say about 10 or so, his front breastbone started to get more prominent and bony. Now, he is 15 or so and a bit more bony, but he suffers from hyperthyroid, which makes it hard to keep weight on him. Come to think of it, he DID start drinking more often and more loudly when he first came down with hyperthyroid. If that is what it is, it is easily controlled by inexpensive meds, so it is not fatal at all! I hope Ebby is perfectly healthy and that she is just developing a loud drinking habit. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.:love:

Catty1
09-06-2013, 02:46 PM
Best wishes to Ebby! :love:

phesina
09-06-2013, 02:59 PM
Prayers and good wishes are being sent for Ebby, and I hope this is nothing serious.

You are VERY wise to take her in to see the vet when something questionable comes up. Good on you both!

God bless you and Ebby. Please give her some nice pets and skritches and kissies from us.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

cassiesmom
09-06-2013, 03:29 PM
I sure hope that everything is fine with her. Lots of prayers and positive thoughts are being sent her way.:love:

Same here! Prayers and positive thoughts for beautiful Ebby!

ChrisH
09-07-2013, 06:57 AM
How old is Ebby? When my Mac entered his "Golden Years", say about 10 or so, his front breastbone started to get more prominent and bony. Now, he is 15 or so and a bit more bony, but he suffers from hyperthyroid, which makes it hard to keep weight on him. Come to think of it, he DID start drinking more often and more loudly when he first came down with hyperthyroid. If that is what it is, it is easily controlled by inexpensive meds, so it is not fatal at all! I hope Ebby is perfectly healthy and that she is just developing a loud drinking habit. I will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.:love:
She is around 12 or 13.

Thanks everyone for the good thoughts, prayers, and ideas on what could be wrong. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Smiles/grouphug.gif (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/CwmmawrJet/media/Smiles/grouphug.gif.html) I'll keep you posted. Funnily enough I haven't heard her noisy drinking since I made the appointment. :)

Oh, if she isn't unwell she will microchipped, a bit late I know but better than never eh? :)

Freedom
09-07-2013, 07:09 AM
Just seeing this thread. Prayers that all is well with Ebby.

cassiesmom
09-07-2013, 08:18 AM
Dear Ebby -- I just want to tell you I think you look very regal and gorgeous on the purple throw! :love:
Your admiring fan,
Elyse

slick
09-07-2013, 10:18 PM
Sending good thoughts and lovies to you both. Prayers that everything is OK with dear sweet Ebbs!:love:

ChrisH
09-08-2013, 05:32 AM
Thanks guys. {{hugs}}

ChrisH
09-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Ebby getting ready for her trip to the vet tomorrow. :)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v11/CwmmawrJet/Ebby/1.jpg (http://smg.photobucket.com/user/CwmmawrJet/media/Ebby/1.jpg.html)

My princess is such a good girl. :love:

Bengalz
09-08-2013, 06:06 PM
All paws and claws crossed for a good visit sweet Ebby :love:.

mrspunkysmom
09-08-2013, 06:32 PM
good thoughts and purrayers :love:

WILDCATS
09-09-2013, 11:25 AM
:love: :love: Hope all goes well for Ebby, All my love and Purrs from Tilly and Scooby :love::love::love:

ChrisH
09-09-2013, 12:32 PM
All is well. Thankfully the vet didn't find anything wrong. :D

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. {hugs}

ps As she was ok she was microchipped and with a chip that could also give her temperature. A good idea I thought.

Moesha
09-09-2013, 02:52 PM
So glad to hear that Ebby's visit went well.

pomtzu
09-09-2013, 03:37 PM
Glad that all is well. Good girl, Ebby. :love: I hope Mom has a treat for you since you were so good.

You had Mom worried for a while, but I was pretty sure that it was nothing. Hey - a girl can slurp a little and be noisy if she wants to - right??? :)

ChrisH
09-10-2013, 04:42 AM
Thanks guys. :)

Randi
09-10-2013, 04:48 AM
Chris, I'm so glad all is well. Such a good girl, and so pretty. :love:

When I saw her in that box, I thought... how did you get her in there, did she volunteer to go in by herself?

phesina
09-10-2013, 05:00 AM
Ebby, we are so glad all is well with you!

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

krazyaboutkatz
09-10-2013, 12:01 PM
I'm so glad to hear that Ebby is fine.:)

katladyd
09-10-2013, 01:52 PM
I am so happy Ebby is okay! I've been worried about her and checking this thread a lot! I'm glad for both of you.:love:

ChrisH
09-11-2013, 06:06 AM
Thanks guys.
Truth is I'm still a smidgen worried but I'm taking the vet at his word and at the same time keeping my eye on her.

Chris, I'm so glad all is well. Such a good girl, and so pretty. :love:

When I saw her in that box, I thought... how did you get her in there, did she volunteer to go in by herself?
I brought it out the day before with the top closed and with the door open and she was in and out of it all day. The next day I didn't think she'd get in it with the top open and the door closed but she did, bless her, made it easier to close it up for transport.

smokey the elder
09-11-2013, 09:00 AM
I'm glad everything came out all right. I'm glad she went nicely into her carrier, and was a good girl at the vet's.