PDA

View Full Version : OK...What crazy lady lives here???

jenluckenbach
12-11-2002, 05:16 PM
Those are the exact words that I said to myself this evening as I took a look around my living room...............

As I lay on the sofa, this is what I saw: Cats on the chair, cats on the recliner, cats on the table, cats on the steps, cats on the cat tree, cats on the love seat, cats on the sofa, cats on the floor...................all 13 in one room at the same time. It was so hilarious, that I laughed outloud at myself.

HEE HEE HEE

NoahsMommy
12-11-2002, 06:28 PM
Want to know the first words out of my mouth when I finished reading your post????

"Oh, how neat!"

:) :) :)

Lillycat
12-11-2002, 06:35 PM
what a lucky person you are! and all the kitties are soooo lucky also!:)

moosmom
12-11-2002, 06:37 PM
I say "COOL!!!!" :D

jenluckenbach
12-11-2002, 07:09 PM
this says to me that all the non-believers who think cats are independent and want nothing to do with you, are dead wrong. If I move to another room, sooner rather than later, most of the cats will follow.

Chinadoll
12-11-2002, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
this says to me that all the non-believers who think cats are independent and want nothing to do with you, are dead wrong. If I move to another room, sooner rather than later, most of the cats will follow.

So true...my kitties follow me everywhere...to the point that if some rare time I close the bathroom door while I'm taking my bath, when I open it, there are all 3 kitties lying right outside the door waiting for me.

krazyaboutkatz
12-12-2002, 12:56 AM
My cats usually always follow me around too. There's always at least one of them in the same room with me. My cats really do need and want a lot of attention. Most people don't understand this about cats except for us cat people. :) Jen you're very lucky to have 13 wonderful cats in your life. :)

Nomilynn
12-12-2002, 01:51 AM
Originally posted by Chinadoll

So true...my kitties follow me everywhere...to the point that if some rare time I close the bathroom door while I'm taking my bath, when I open it, there are all 3 kitties lying right outside the door waiting for me.

You mean they don't DEMAND to be in there with you like mine do? :D :D :D My cat's don't have to be in the same room as me, but they have to know where I am. If they can't find me, they will howl, I'll answer, and then it's all good again :D

Vio&Juni
12-12-2002, 02:05 AM
Yes, how neat :)

Barbara
12-12-2002, 03:15 AM

Cats like to live in a loose community. I have seen that in Greek monasteries. 15 cats in the courtyard shadows under the trees. Not in one lump but in a nice distance, noticing each other, feeling comfortable -your house sounds like that.

jenluckenbach
12-12-2002, 04:50 AM
Originally posted by Chinadoll

You can close the door????? HA HA HA

My bathroom door is a bifold. It opens IN to the bathroom. That means the cats can open it from the outside with just the weight of their body. I have to tell guests to prop a basket that I have on the bathroom floor in front of the door if they do not want uninvited guests in there with them.:rolleyes: :D

BastetsMum
12-12-2002, 05:10 AM
COOL! I only have one kitty that follows me around but I collect cat statues so I have heaps of kitties in every room!

kimlovescats
12-12-2002, 07:45 AM
I know what you mean Jen! Of course, I "only" have 12 kitties! hehehe ..... Closed doors are not welcome sights in my home either, I have several that will cry their eyes out and try to dig up the carpeting outside any door that so "rudely" gets shut in their little faces!:D

Pam
12-12-2002, 07:54 AM
Old JenLuckenbach had a home,
E-I-E-I-O
And in this home she had 13 cats,
E-I-E-I-O
With a kitty cat here, and a kitty cat there,
Here a cat, there a cat everywhere a kitty cat,
Old JenLuckenback had a home,
E-I-E-I-O!

What a warm, cozy, furry picture this conjures up in my head - bet there are lots of purrs going on in that room!

P.S. Sorry for the "old" thing. It sort of goes with the tune! :D

Vermontcat
12-12-2002, 07:54 AM
I just gotta say, Jen where was your camera? You gotta take a picture next time so we can all see it too!
You might want to use a wide angle lens too to make sure you get them all in the photos!:)

Chinadoll
12-12-2002, 08:55 AM

You can close the door????? HA HA HA

That's why it's only rare occasions. ;) Usually they've already slipped past me and are waiting for me to turn on the water. But for the few times I can enjoy a bath and not freeze with the door open I see little furry paws and tails trying to see if they can seek under the door.

Nomilynn- I wish it was that simple that I could just answer them and they'd be ok. But if Scout wants in my bedroom in the morning...no matter how much I talk to him and tell him I'll be up and out in 5 minutes...he just head buts the door. *sigh* He is getting better though...he'll only do that about twice a week now. :rolleyes:

catmandu
12-12-2002, 09:39 AM
:) :) :) :cool: You are lucky as the most cats that I can get in a room is maybe 7, as there are thise catscwho like the living room , those cats who like the upstairs and as you have seen the Siamese Connection.:p :p God bless you for taking in those little ones and loving them so much that they feel so comfortable being in the same room.:cool

ramanth
12-12-2002, 09:56 AM
Kitty Heaven! :D

That was my first thought. :)

Cataholic
12-12-2002, 01:18 PM
It is a cat palace, and a cat's paradise, no less! I love it when I sit on the couch and have Tenny and Dakky laying on me, Allie at my head, and Tex on the other chair, and Georgia laying under the tv set (the heat blows there). I always say, "all eyes on me now, folks"...and I laugh (they don't, they get tired of hearing it).

I can pull back the shower curtain in the morning and find FIVE cats...Allie is ALWAYS on the toilet seat, Dakky and Tenny on the floor, Georgia and Tex sharing the sink. It is bizarre. I open the door all the way, and one or two may walk out. Allie shares the bathroom with me all am. This morning, I was putting my contacts in, and she head bumped my elbow...and now, I feel like I have put the lens in too deep..he he he.

Jen, you are sooo lucky. I wish I had tons of cats. Six just isn't enough for full coverage.

sasvermont
12-12-2002, 01:40 PM
If allowed - (self regulated) I would have hundreds of cats. Thank goodness my friends check on me every now and then to remind me that I cannot maintain too many more cats than I already have....and that would be three!

That is why I go to the shelter to pet all the other cats. It is like getting a cat fix! And guess what? I don't have to pay their vet's bills etc! I just pet 'em!

SAS

Rocky'smomma
12-12-2002, 02:27 PM
I bet that was a site to see! How cute does it get??

All Creatures Great And Small
12-12-2002, 02:41 PM
Nah, you're not at all crazy, just really lucky!! I've always wondered what it would be like to have multiple cats, but I've never had much of a "collector" personality. (Not to imply in ANY WAY that multiple cat owners are "collectors"; I know that's a recognized mental illness and a tragedy when the cats are not treated properly.) I'm pretty much content with one of everything. I seem to be fulfilling my multiple pet fantasies with YLL's rats, anyway :rolleyes:. I admire all of you who can work in or visit shelters regularly - I always leave there with tears in my eyes and feeling very down. The shelter near us will sometimes post the reason for the surrender on the pet's enclosure, and it makes me sick how people treat these animals like "home decor" or misguided gifts. Maybe when I retire from my life-sucking retail job I can rescue a whole "herd" of kitties to keep me company in my old age. (Not too sure how the hubby would feel about this, though.......;) :p )

TheAntiPam
12-12-2002, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by sasvermont
If allowed - (self regulated) I would have hundreds of cats. Thank goodness my friends check on me every now and then to remind me that I cannot maintain too many more cats than I already have....and that would be three.

My friends start with "So, how many cats do you have now?" and always act terribly surprised when I answer "Two". :eek:

Of course, I'd prefer the answer be "Forty-two"!! :D :D :D

12-13-2002, 01:19 PM
Originally posted by Nomilynn

If they can't find me, they will howl, I'll answer, and then it's all good again :D

haha , you howl too , Naomi ?? ROTFLMAO !!!!