PDA

View Full Version : Pet Talk Calendars: Should we do them again?

kittycats_delight
09-05-2013, 03:38 PM
Hey guys, time is getting around again to do the PT calendars. Interest has been dropping off in recent years especially for the Dog Calendars. Basically I was wondering if we should do them again this year. Maybe we can do it a little different and have a combined calendar of all kinds of pets and only if we get enough interest in a specific 'category' we will do them separately...what do you all think?

Taz_Zoee
09-05-2013, 04:07 PM
I guess what they say is true..........great minds think alike!
I was JUST thinking about the calendars yesterday. And if I were talented enough (and had the computer to do it) I would have volunteered to take it on.
I do appreciate you offering to do them! You always do such a great job! :D

Litterati
09-05-2013, 04:41 PM
Are pics taken from previously submitted POTD etc. or can we submit new pics. Pet bios also? Ultimately how much do calendars cost and can they be bought online/sent outside US? As is obvious I am new to this terrific idea. Perhaps others are also new so this info will help.

tks

carole
09-05-2013, 05:51 PM
I would love to participate, but the cost of the calendar is too much for me being overseas, but i still would love to share pics of my two rascals for others to see.:)

kittycats_delight
09-05-2013, 09:34 PM
Are pics taken from previously submitted POTD etc. or can we submit new pics. Pet bios also? Ultimately how much do calendars cost and can they be bought online/sent outside US? As is obvious I am new to this terrific idea. Perhaps others are also new so this info will help.

tks

The first post in THIS (http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?174546-2013-Pet-Talk-Cat-Calendars-They-are-READY!!!-Link-in-Post-26) thread explains everything. It is the link for the Cat Calendar from this past year. You can get a look at the calendar HERE (http://www.cafepress.com/pettalkcat_merchandise.501165998). Let me know if this does not explain what you needed/wanted to know.

chocolatepuppy
09-06-2013, 05:20 AM
I'd like to see them all separate, if possible. Maybe we can get a few more Pet Talkers to submit pics!;)

Litterati
09-06-2013, 09:50 AM
Last year's calendar is awesome, so I'd be up for sending in a photo of Dorian Gray (if he's willing and "ready for his closeup" :rolleyes:) One thing that I did not seem to find. Is VISA pay't OK? And what would be the shipping charges to Canada? I am assuming that the calendar would go via regular post, as opposed to something like UPS, FedEx, where one has to be home for delivery.

tks again!

pomtzu
09-06-2013, 10:00 AM
I think any way to do it would be acceptable. I might send in a photo of my 2 RB Fuzzbuttz :love: :love: for one last chance for a place in the PT spotlight! :)

kittycats_delight
09-06-2013, 11:26 AM
Last year's calendar is awesome, so I'd be up for sending in a photo of Dorian Gray (if he's willing and "ready for his closeup" :rolleyes:) One thing that I did not seem to find. Is VISA pay't OK? And what would be the shipping charges to Canada? I am assuming that the calendar would go via regular post, as opposed to something like UPS, FedEx, where one has to be home for delivery.

tks again!

Through CafePress (the site used for printing and shipping the calendars) Visa is available as an options. I know that shipping to Europe is 7,50, not sure about Canada. I will look into that. You can choose your option as well with how it is shipped. I received mine (in Italy) via UPS once and FedEx another time but I believe their is priority shipping and regular shipping. The cost for shipping priority is quite a bit more than regular. I will sign into CafePress and see what I can find out about the shipping costs to Canada for you.

Here is the LINK (http://www.cafepress.com/cp/info/help/index.aspx?page=shipping.aspx) to the payment info on CafePress. It doesn't give prices but tells how they do things.

kittycats_delight
09-06-2013, 11:27 AM
I think any way to do it would be acceptable. I might send in a photo of my 2 RB Fuzzbuttz :love: :love: for one last chance for a place in the PT spotlight! :)

RB pets are always welcome!!! The cat calendar last year had a few of them as it did in previous years as well. Your fuzzbuttz are always welcome!!!

krazyaboutkatz
09-06-2013, 11:59 AM
Thanks so much for volunteering again. You do great work.:) I don't think that there will be a problem with cat pictures because I now have 13 cats so that in itself could make a calendar. LOL :)

kittycats_delight
09-06-2013, 12:09 PM
Thanks so much for volunteering again. You do great work.:) I don't think that there will be a problem with cat pictures because I now have 13 cats so that in itself could make a calendar. LOL :)

I never really thought we would have issues with getting cats but it has been difficult to get enough for a dog calendar these last 2 years especially and hardly any for the pet calendar. I thought this way we could atleast put one together so that everyone who would like their pet in the calendar gets the opportunity. If there isn't enough then maybe a mix of all pets and a cat one as there will no doubt be enough kitties.

Taz_Zoee
09-06-2013, 12:42 PM
Oops, I voted wrong. I read it backwards.
I'd rather have the individual calendars, but would settle for a combined one if there isn't enough participation for individual.

catmandu
09-06-2013, 12:43 PM
I would love a new calendar so I can submit the New Found Hotel Cats and my Little Momma and Baby.
That would be cool. I have them since 2006.:D

Litterati
09-06-2013, 02:37 PM
Checked out Café Press and this all seems doable. Might even consider sending in pic of my RB Nicky, 'tho my kitty Dorry might get jealous ;) Do I anthropomorphize a bit? No, not me, well maybe sometimes.

luvofallhorses
09-06-2013, 10:32 PM
Even though I may not be able to purchase one.. I can enter my pets. :) I would like to have them separate if possible as well.

Alysser
09-06-2013, 10:52 PM
I always mean to put Mikey in there and I never have! Ill definitely do it this year! I may just need a reminder :D I can even put the hermit crabs in if we don't have enough pets.

snakemama
09-06-2013, 11:39 PM
I have three 'other' to add to the pet calendar this year if we need more participation - and I've never submitted to any of them so I think it would be fun to submit a pic to all three and see what happens!

I really appreciate all the hard work that goes into the gorgeous calendars every year!

kittycats_delight
09-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Thanks for all the input so far guys. :-) Seems we are split right down the middle 50/50. Still quite some time before I will post for entries. I'm thinking beginning October with the month of October for entries to be submitted. Get everything worked up and have them ready by around the end of the first week of November to mid-November.

chocolatepuppy
09-07-2013, 05:27 AM
Thanks Michelle! You're the best!:) I do have a few 'pet' entries to add.;)