PDA

View Full Version : Playoff Baseball/Football kickoff Thursday #549.

RICHARD
09-05-2013, 01:02 PM
Well, as the last few weeks of the baseball season wind down, it's time for some of the best baseball to be played.

I tuned into the Reds game last night, 16 innings!

They lost, but it was a pretty good game.

I am going to dust off the big screen and pop some corn.

----

Fajitas, beer and some nachos.....

GO baseball!

Dang! I forgot that football starts tonight!!!

Queen of Poop
09-05-2013, 01:22 PM
Not a baseball fan, but super excited for football - it's my fav, be it American or Canadian.

Another hot, sticky day today. I've got a pitcher of iced tea ready if there's any takers.

Still on the job hunt. :(

RICHARD
09-05-2013, 03:34 PM
Not a baseball fan, but super excited for football - it's my fav, be it American or Canadian.

Another hot, sticky day today. I've got a pitcher of iced tea ready if there's any takers.

Still on the job hunt. :(

Do you have a team or are you just a fan of the game?

One Large Glass, Please.

Hope you get some contacts soon.

Done.

cassiesmom
09-05-2013, 04:48 PM
Do you have a team or are you just a fan of the game?

One Large Glass, Please.

Hope you get some contacts soon.

Done.

Barkeep, may I have a small IT, please. I've had a frustrating day w/ the computer and I have a headache.

Queen of Poop
09-05-2013, 04:57 PM
Iced tea all around.

Done.

No real fav team, fan of the game.

Karen
09-05-2013, 05:19 PM
A big congratulations to Boston's Big Papi - Red Sox longtime player and all-around nice guy who last night made his 2,000th (and then 2,001st) his in the major leagues!

Lifelong Red Sox fan here, born and bred. (And Paul once told his mother he loves me anyway!)

Cider, please, almost that season here!

RICHARD
09-05-2013, 05:41 PM
A big congratulations to Boston's Big Papi - Red Sox longtime player and all-around nice guy who last night made his 2,000th (and then 2,001st) his in the major leagues!

Lifelong Red Sox fan here, born and bred. (And Paul once told his mother he loves me anyway!)

Cider, please, almost that season here!

One cider and 3000 more hits!

DONE.

Karen
09-05-2013, 06:06 PM
Oh, and Lady's Human - did you try that blueberry slump recipe? How'd it come out?

smokey the elder
09-06-2013, 09:18 AM
It's feeling like fall here today. I think some hot cider spiked with cinnamon Schnapps is in order.

RICHARD
09-06-2013, 12:09 PM
It's feeling like fall here today. I think some hot cider spiked with cinnamon Schnapps is in order.

One spicy pick me up and I think that LH is holding out on us.

I think it's almost time to warm up the oven and make bread.

phesina
09-06-2013, 03:03 PM
I'll have some of that hot cider (minus the Schnapps). thank you!

And that bread sounds delightful, just thinking of the idea...

Pat

RICHARD
09-07-2013, 12:32 PM
I'll have some of that hot cider (minus the Schnapps). thank you!

And that bread sounds delightful, just thinking of the idea...

Pat

A hot cider.....

It's getting a little bit muggy here, I am in the mood for peach tea and toast......

DONE!:)

cassiesmom
09-07-2013, 12:48 PM
Richard, you mentioned a corn dog in another thread. I like corn dogs! Let's have some ... Mustard on the side. Here we go. I have a friend at church whose son likes them "deconstructed" -- off the stick, the hot dog and batter separated, with a little bit of ketchup for dipping the hot dog.:confused:

Lady's Human
09-07-2013, 01:41 PM
I'm not holding out on the blueberry slump, I haven't had time to test it myself.

I'll take a beer and a corn dog, please. Also, I'll take that with a side of a nice playoff run for the Red Sox!

Karen
09-07-2013, 05:43 PM
I'm not holding out on the blueberry slump, I haven't had time to test it myself.

I'll take a beer and a corn dog, please. Also, I'll take that with a side of a nice playoff run for the Red Sox!

Okay, looking forward to your report! That strawberry bread went quickly, although when one neglects to actually limit the number of strawberries to the amount the recipe calls for, it does make a very moist bread by day 2! Not good for folks try to slice it thinly!

RICHARD
09-08-2013, 11:15 AM
Richard, you mentioned a corn dog in another thread. I like corn dogs! Let's have some ... Mustard on the side. Here we go. I have a friend at church whose son likes them "deconstructed" -- off the stick, the hot dog and batter separated, with a little bit of ketchup for dipping the hot dog.:confused:

Oh, the foot long CD is really funny looking because it's not a short, fat corndog that I was used to.

This one was taller and skinnier - It didn't look like any other ball park food that I had seen before, that is why I couldn't figure out what it was!

One CD and all the fixings.

DONE!

LH,

Growing up in a household where the recipes call for 'Food for Thousands', I get antsy when I hear someone has a new recipe........

Karen,

Any homemade bread should never be sliced thinly!;)

Lady's Human
09-08-2013, 07:02 PM
The verdict is in:

The recipe works, but I should have made the dumplings with teaspoons rather than tablespoons.

Karen
09-08-2013, 10:58 PM
Karen,

Any homemade bread should never be sliced thinly!;)

It depends on the bread, how fresh it is, whether it is a yeast product or not ... when the strawberry bread was still warm, it could be sliced relatively thinly, being a fruit bread, not a yeast bread. But when one puts way more sliced strawberries into it than the recipe calls for ... there are consequences! Yummy, but consequences nonetheless!

When LH and I were little (and likely before that with our older siblings) Ma would make bread and wear out us kids by having us help knead the dough! Fresh from the oven, one needed a properly sharp bread knife to slice it nicely, else odd shapes resulted!

And LH, recipe?

Lady's Human
09-09-2013, 05:47 AM
When LH and I were little (and likely before that with our older siblings) Ma would make bread and wear out us kids by having us help knead the dough! Fresh from the oven, one needed a properly sharp bread knife to slice it nicely, else odd shapes resulted!

And LH, recipe?

I suppose you'd want that.

http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Blueberry-Slump

Slicing bread right out of the oven is a challenge. Definitely wind up with some bread slices that look like Dali made them at times.

Karen
09-09-2013, 12:48 PM
Thanks, got it! Will have to pick up a lemon next time I'm out and about!

Lady's Human
09-09-2013, 12:50 PM
Which leads into the baaaaaaad pun of the day:

What was the theme song for the new surrealist wing in the art gallery?

Hello, Dali, o hello, dali....

(I'm here 'till the barkeep throws me out!)

RICHARD
09-09-2013, 06:18 PM
Which leads into the baaaaaaad pun of the day:

What was the theme song for the new surrealist wing in the art gallery?

Hello, Dali, o hello, dali....

(I'm here 'till the barkeep throws me out!)

No, were gonna sit here and laugh at each other....;)

One large cool drink.....Done.

And perfect bread slices!

Lady's Human
09-09-2013, 06:38 PM
And the boy just asked fro "blueberry sludge" for dessert!

Karen
09-09-2013, 10:23 PM
And the boy just asked fro "blueberry sludge" for dessert!

Hee hee - close, anyway! And I forgot the lemon, will have to pick one up tomorrow! Then measure the remaining blueberries, and do the math for the recipe - or just make blueberry cake with these and wait until next year for blueberry slump!

The blueberries in the fridge I got for $3.99 for 2 pints. Now, the store has one half pint for $3.99!

RICHARD
09-10-2013, 06:02 PM
Hee hee - close, anyway! And I forgot the lemon, will have to pick one up tomorrow! Then measure the remaining blueberries, and do the math for the recipe - or just make blueberry cake with these and wait until next year for blueberry slump!

The blueberries in the fridge I got for $3.99 for 2 pints. Now, the store has one half pint for $3.99!

In CA blueberries are anywhere from 3.99 to 5-6 dollars a small box.

It's crazy....When the strawberries were in season here they stores were practically given the boxes away- same thing with the BBs....

I had two lemon trees in the yard........I miss fresh ready-to-pick citrus....

One Lemon, done!