PDA

View Full Version : An Act Of Dog

lizbud
09-05-2013, 11:59 AM
Portraits of Shelter dogs hopes to raise awareness of the thousands who never get that second chance.

http://abcnews.go.com/Lifestyle/slideshow/painter-immortalizes-5500-doomed-shelter-dogs-20145033

Karen
09-05-2013, 12:41 PM
How tragic. I have such mixed feeling about the whole thing.

lizbud
09-05-2013, 06:45 PM
How tragic. I have such mixed feeling about the whole thing.

About the no kill movement? I don't see much to brag about in the current handling of unclaimed animals through the existing shelter systems.
Surely we can do better.

Casper
09-05-2013, 06:50 PM
Hopefully it really does raise awareness... even if it just changes a few peoples' minds and convinces them to adopt, I think it'll be worth it. Volunteering at our local animal control was a rewarding experience, but coming in Monday evenings and seeing so many familiar faces were gone due to overcrowding really made it hard. Its been a few years, but even now I remember so many individual dogs that were golden in so many ways. They deserved so much more.
Ugh, it makes my heart ache. :(

Karen
09-05-2013, 08:35 PM
About the no kill movement? I don't see much to brag about in the current handling of unclaimed animals through the existing shelter systems.
Surely we can do better.

No, I have mixed feelings about spending all this effort on the deceased dogs, rather than the ones who still have a chance at getting a home ...