PDA

View Full Version : Newbie!

CoopsMom
12-11-2002, 02:56 PM
Hello Everyone! I just wanted to say Hello to everyone, this is my first time here (so I don't really know what I'm doing)! :D
Have a great day,
CoopsMom

Kfamr
12-11-2002, 03:02 PM
Welcome to Pet Talk! My name is KayAnn and I have a German Shepherd Pit Bull mix named Simba who will be 5 on Christmas!

ChrisH
12-11-2002, 03:08 PM
Hello CoopsMom, welcome to Pet Talk! :D

ramanth
12-11-2002, 03:11 PM
Another Ohioian! (I live above you in MI)

WELCOME TO PET TALK! I'm owned by a husky/acd mix named Kia, and a calico, named Zam. :)

We'd love to hear about your pets and see pics of them!

Dakota's Mommy
12-11-2002, 03:16 PM
Hello and welcome to Pet Talk! Right up front I wish to give you a warning though, it's very addicting and many of us are glued to this website. Don't get too attached like many of us have.

My name is Christy and my husband's, Dakotas#1 (but he hasn't been able to post yet), name is Brian. We have a 6 month old Harlequin Great Dane named Dakota and a 10 month old Dalmation named Destiny. Enjoy you're time on this site, but as I told you before, becareful not to get too addicted! :D

tatsxxx11
12-11-2002, 03:35 PM
Hi CoopsMom, and welcome!:) My name is Sandra my furfamily includes Star, a yellow Labbie, Cody, a Husky/Shep, Mr. B and DLH, Oliver a Maine Coon/Persian and 2 guinea pigs, Squeekers and Moonbeam!!! Tell us about your furkids! And by the way, we LOVE pictures!! (Advanced Pet Talk...:D)

neko1
12-11-2002, 04:11 PM
Hello, my name is Michelle and I have 4 wonderful kitties.
I'd love to hear more about your animals- the white kitty in your avatar is beautiful!!

Uabassoon
12-11-2002, 04:14 PM
WELCOME!!!
Hi welcome to pettalk!! I have two cats. I siamese mix named Tibby and an Orange tabby named Corkscrew.
http://216.40.249.192/mysmilies/kao/otn/blobflower.gif

jenluckenbach
12-11-2002, 05:27 PM
Welcome and please tell us about all your animals

AmberLee
12-11-2002, 07:59 PM
Yes, welcome to Pet Talk and do tell us about those delightful critters in your avatar!

My two delightful avatar critters are Livvy (Maine Coon mix female) and Cassy (silver swirl tabby male): both are about 3 1/2 now. Livvy is 3 months older than Cassy.

New blood here is good and you've been warned. We looooove photos of furbabies!

anna_66
12-11-2002, 09:23 PM
Can't wait to hear & see more of your fur family!

mugsy
12-11-2002, 09:25 PM
Hiya Coopsmom!! Another Buckeye neighbor!!! I live in Fort Wayne, IN so we are pretty close neighbors!! My husband and I are owned by 18 rescue dogs. Tell us more about yourself. We're all pretty nosy on here!! lol

Fuzzy317
12-11-2002, 09:35 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/ACC35.GIF to Pet Talk !!

Felicia's Mom
12-11-2002, 09:59 PM
Hi Coopsmom and welcome to Pet Talk!:D :D I know you will enjoy it here very much. I am owned by 2 cats. Felicia is a torbie (or patched tabby) and Beau is a sable Burmese.

Karen
12-12-2002, 07:34 AM
Hey, Coop's Mom, welcome!

Cataholic
12-12-2002, 10:39 AM
Hi Coops Mom,
Welcome to pet talk...I am another Ohioian...and we need all the midwesterners that we can get. I have the five guys below, and one more that remains in hiding, Minnie. You will find it pretty fun here, except for the fact people tend to go on and on and on and on about their non-human relations...so, beware!
Johanna

lynnestankard
12-12-2002, 12:21 PM
http://pages.prodigy.net/bestsmileys1/emoticons3/welcom8.gif Coops Mom.

Hope you enjoy it here at Pet Talk. As said before we're so nosey here and love hearing about pets - so you know what to do - tell all!!

I'm the housemaid to three domestic shorthairs called Bahel - all balck, Ketchum - all black and Dan tuxboy.

Lynne

aly
12-12-2002, 12:37 PM
WELCOME!! The pics in your avatar are cuties :D I can't wait to hear more about them!

CoopsMom
12-12-2002, 02:53 PM
Hello Everyone!!!
Thank you for the warm welcome!!!:D
I'm don't really know how to do this message board thing, SO, I'm going to try to post my pics of my little furangels... and tell you all alittle about them!

Bonnie is my girl!!! She's 15 year old Calico, I got her when I was 10, and we've been together ever since. We even went to college together!! :) She recently had some health problems, she had an infection in her liver, but she's doing better now. She's a talker and I love it, she's always got something to say to me. And every now and then, I'll catch her chasing her tail in the bathtub!!

Willow, is my 3 year old... I believe Turkish Van Mix. She was abandoned at my Moms house when she was 6 months old, with another cat and her kittens. Willow likes to keep to herself, and only has time for you when you crawl into bed (as long as Bonnie isn't there - she doesn't like to share), or if you are in the bathroom.

Actually everyone likes to join you in the bathroom, I guess they figure you are a captive audience!!!

Copper is my little boy. I just got him a little over a month ago. He is a Black and Tan Coonhound. This has already been an adventure. I got him when he was 8 weeks old, my fiance's friend had an 'extra large litter' so we went to see them... ended up bringing Cooper home, and I have had a VERY hard time adjusting to him. Luckily my parents are helping me out tremendously, and they watch him while I'm at work during the week (I have a full time job - so if anyone has any advice with 'latchkey dogs' I'd be greatful) and he is back at my house for the weekend - I stay at their house 2-3 nights a week as well. I have had people tell me that I'm ruining Cooper because he is a hunting dog, but I can't let myself believe that... The Coonhounds that I've met all live outside, year round, and only get attention when they are fed for the day, or when they go hunting. I would like to think I can give Cooper a good, comfy life snuggled warm in my house!

Willow doesn't want anything to do with Cooper, and Bonnie was curled up on the couch with him about a week after we got him! She's a good little cat.

I also have a bunny named Al. I have to get some pics of him for you guys! He's almost 6 years old, and doesn't like to come out of his cage. I got him a new cage about 2 years ago, and he's very attached. I will try to take him out for some exercise and lovin, and he just wants back in. I feel kinda bad for the guy, but if that's where he is happy!!!!

Lilly is almost a year old, and she is a guinea pig. She looks just like Bonnie!!! I need some recent pics of her too! She loves the cats, and likes to cuddle with Bonnie on occasion, but Willow would like to eat her!!

We also have a fish tank, and a Betta, named Ben, and my brother's cat that lives with us is Raja, who is a Flame Point Siamese with a BAD :mad: attiude!!!!

It was great meeting everyone and hope to get to know you all better!!!

ramanth
12-12-2002, 03:14 PM
What adorable furanimals you have!! :)

I just got my first calico in November (she was a stray I took in). She's a lover when she wants to be.

Best of luck with Cooper. I've never trained or raised a puppy, but if you have any question, just pop on over to the Dog Side and there are many people who will help you out if they can. :D

lizbud
12-12-2002, 08:55 PM
CoopsMom,

Welcome to Pet Talk:)

I loves the pics in your avatar. Sounds like you have
quite a bunch of furry friends:D

wolf_Q
12-13-2002, 12:22 AM
Welcome CoopsMom! Very cute pets there! I love the markings on the calico kitty. :D

Somebody I work with has a black and tan coonhound. I've met her, Pookie, several times. She's such a sweet big 'ol hound-dog. I don't believe she's ever been a hunter, she's a housedog. There is NO WAY you are going to "ruin" him by spoiling him and making him a pet. If that were true, then if you had a husky and didn't use him for sled racing...collie that you didn't use to herd sheep...etc...then they would all be "ruined" too, if that makes any sense. :) He may get bored easily, but give him some exercise and something to do, and he'll be fine. My friend has a german shorthair, and she will never hunt with her. Her dad has "hunting dogs" (german shorthair and a lab) which just stay outside 24/7 with no attention. :(

Anyway, if you have any puppy questions don't hesitate to ask! I'm still working on raising my puppy, lol. I have a 7 month old siberian husky, 9 year old schnauzer, and 16 year old poodle.