PDA

View Full Version : Recipes - cakes

Randi
08-29-2013, 10:39 AM
Thought I'd try to make a Pecan pie - for the first time ever. :eek:

I had saved a recipe, but just watched this video and it looks delicious:
http://www.finecooking.com/videos/how-to-make-classic-pecan-pie.aspx

This is the recipe I had saved earlier. Which of these would you make? Or do you have an even better one?

Pecan Pie

Ingredients:
3 eggs
1 cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
2 tablespoons butter, melted
2 tablespoons almond-flavored liqueur, such as Amaretto
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup pecans
1 pie crust (9 inch size), unbaked or frozen
Turn this recipe into a puzzle!

Directions:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

In a medium bowl, slightly beat eggs with a fork. Add sugar, corn syrup, butter, almond liqueur and vanilla; stir until blended. Stir in pecans. Pour into pie crust.

Bake 50 to 55 minutes, or until a knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean and center of pie appears barely set.

Cool on wire rack.

Randi
08-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Tosca cake

120 butter
250 sugar
4 eggs
250 g almond flour
130 g wheat flour
1 tsp. baking powder

Glazing to put on top
75 g butter
75 g sugar
1 tbsp. honey
75g flaked almonds

Mix flour, almond flour and baking powder. Beat butter and sugar thoroughly in a large separate bowl, put the eggs in a mix well, two at a time and then fold the flour mixture in.

Boil the ingredients for the glaze in a pan until melted completely. Set aside for a few minutes.

Grease a 26 cm baking tin (see link below) and pour the cake batter in. Pour the glaze on top and bake at 175 degrees for approx. 30-40 min ... until it bubbles up and a toothpick comes out clean.

This cake is delicious and you get 12 large pieces. Serve with Creme Fraice or ice cream You can freeze them.

I don’t know what these are called in English, so here’s a picture of the one I use:
http://www.bagetid.dk/search?orderby=position&orderway=desc&search_query=Springform&submit_search=+&gclid=CJeth8-Co7kCFWXKtAod2loAXA

Karen
08-29-2013, 06:27 PM
It's funny, I think of pies as a completely separate category than cakes! I like pecan pie before I became allergic to tree nuts, but usually it is so sweet, a tiny piece is plenty!

cassiesmom
03-26-2015, 05:42 PM
PTers, have you heard of canasta cake? I saw a recipe for it in the food section of the newspaper. It's two square layers of chocolate cake with chocolate buttercream frosting between them. Chocolate sprinkles on all four sides. Card-party hostesses would serve it when friends came over to play canasta. It sounds too rich to me with all that chocolate. I would try Randi's Tosca cake if I could locate almond flour. Maybe Whole Foods.