PDA

View Full Version : I am sooooooooooooo mad!!!

luckies4me
12-11-2002, 12:36 PM
I am so ticked off right now it is unbelievable. Two days ago a friend of mine mysteriously dropped by my house with tons of baby rats and a few older ones. She left her husband and no one has heard from her for a long time. She also had my rats including my favorite rat Roxy, the odd eyed doe. She also came with two huge cages (one was a tank topper that belonged to me and another a huge two story cage), they were both filthy! One even had dog poop in it!:mad: I looked at the babies and poor guys, they were so dirty and skinny.

I told her to not breed Roxy because she did not take care of her first litter, but she bred her anyway! :mad: I am glad I got to get a baby but they were so neglected and she was never to be bred again. She bred her just because she has great eyes! urrgh! And she didn't even bring Roxy back home!!!!!!!:( She managed to pick up the babies but why didn't she give Roxy back? When I left to California Marianne took all my rats and really helped me out. So I couldn't turn her down. It is just so bizarre that I don't (or anyone else for that matter) don't hear from her for a few weeks and then she shows up at the house witha bunch of rats and cages. :confused: She said the rats were being housed at her sisters and brothers and obviously they were not being taken care of. I really wanted Roxy back!
:(

Then come today I find out the rats have mites and lice! Now I have to treat them all with ivermectin. They all stink so they will need a bath today. I didn't want to do it yesterday because it was so cold and these babies are only between 4 to 6 weeks old. It is so sad. I know she is in a bad situation but they shouldn't be this dirty or skinny. Take a look at these pictures. :( :( This boy is so skinny.

luckies4me
12-11-2002, 12:42 PM
Most are dumbo and pedigreed but she seems to have forgotten who the mom is to one of the litters and just me an estimate on their birthday. I will be keeping some (now I have a total of 10 rats including my new babies) because they are tailess carriers and dumbos. But I have to find homes for the rest. I cannot belive how dirty they are. Look at the condition of their coat, they look sickly. :( Here is a picture of Roxys baby. See how dirty he is, this just breaks me heart.

luckies4me
12-11-2002, 12:47 PM
Here is a picture of an agouti satin dumbo tailess carrier doe, she is a bit skinny but I think I can fatten her up in a dew days. They all got pasta and pizza crust last night. :D Look at her ears!:p They are huge!

luckies4me
12-11-2002, 12:49 PM
Here's a little curly haired rex doe, they are so tiny. She too is fairly skinny but not as bad as the topaz boy. :(

Tina
12-11-2002, 12:58 PM
I'm so sorry to hear about what your friend done to those poor rats:( At least their in alot better place now and you can get help them get better. They are cute! Please keep us updated how they are doing. And I'm so sorry your friend didn't get our rat Roxy back to you. I believe I would be mad to if my friend was to do something like that.

luckies4me
12-11-2002, 01:10 PM
Roxy was the first rat I had for a long time! I'ts just weird that she brought her babies and no her. I wanted to take them all but i can't. And I am afraid they went to a petstore to be self as feeders!:( :mad: :eek:

I am just hoping and praying that the rest of the rats are ok. But again, Roxy wasn't even supposed to be bred again!:mad:

luckies4me
12-11-2002, 01:27 PM
Ok Those pictures I posted were ones I took the day they arrived. Take a look at these new pictures and you can see that they already look a lot better. :) I just took these. Later after they all get bathed they will look so much cleaner. I just hope I can get the mites/lice off quick.

Here is Roxys baby. I took more pictures of him because I like him the best. If I don't get Roxy back he's going to be extra more special to me. See how much better he looks in just two days?:D

luckies4me
12-11-2002, 01:29 PM
If he had another eye patch he would look just like Roxy. :D

luckies4me
12-11-2002, 01:30 PM
isn't he cute?:D

luckies4me
12-11-2002, 01:32 PM
He's not an odd eye like Roxy but he's still sooo cute!

Here is a pic of the dumbo siblings. They are both fawn selfs. One buck and one doe. Please pray that my ratties get better soon!

luckies4me
12-11-2002, 01:36 PM
I also took in an older buck. :rolleyes: He is being such a jerk to the other males! He obviously thinks he is dominant and right now that may be the case, but once my other boys get older it can all change. Here is a pic of the berkshire boy. He's a silver black tailess carrier. he's good with people though and loves to give kisses. He needs a good home, anyone interested? hehe:p

ramanth
12-11-2002, 01:53 PM
I'm confused... if Roxey was your rat, how did you friend get her?

Can rats be fixed?

Why would she bring all the rest back to you but not Roxey? Sounds like she plans to breed more if you ask me. :(

Best of luck with the babies.

luckies4me
12-11-2002, 02:07 PM
Originally posted by ramanth
I'm confused... if Roxey was your rat, how did you friend get her?

Can rats be fixed?

Why would she bring all the rest back to you but not Roxey? Sounds like she plans to breed more if you ask me. :(

Best of luck with the babies.

Marianne took all my rats when Imoved to California. She was holding Roxy for me until I could have rats again. She does plan to breed Iam sure. She's a breeder and a good one. But now I think she's in over her head with over 100 plus rats!:eek: Like I said she left her husband and took the kids. She went to a womens shelter and left the rats with her sister and I believe her brother also. So I cannot blame her for the rats condition but her brother and sister should take care of them or find them homes. And she should have brought Roxy back. Now I think she is dead!
:(

luckies4me
12-11-2002, 02:10 PM
he is not making sense!
:mad: