PDA

View Full Version : Just wanted to show off my car!!

Tina
12-11-2002, 12:24 PM
I know I'm weird. I just wanted to show everyone. I don't know if people here like cars much as I do. But this car is very special. It is a 1984 SVO Ford Mustang. I don't even remember if I posted pictures before if I had. Sorry. Well hope you all enjoy the pictures. Actually the car is my hubby's but we say it belongs to both of us. And usually I drive it more then he does:D

Tina
12-11-2002, 12:26 PM
Oh,That is a before picture before we painted the car this summer.

NoahsMommy
12-11-2002, 12:27 PM
My hubby sure would like that! He'd look at it and magically be able to "see" the engine and horsepower! :)

Tina
12-11-2002, 12:35 PM
Ok here is a after picture...Well maybe if it works. I hope.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=587

Tina
12-11-2002, 12:40 PM
Here is another after picture..I hope these links are working. There working for me. But if there not working for anyone else please let me know. Then I'll try to find them on my computer so I can just attach the pictures.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=162

Tina
12-11-2002, 12:44 PM
Ok Last one. Don't want to bore anyone with my car pictures *LOL*:)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2002, 12:47 PM
Oh goody, car pictures! Here's a couple of my '91 Corvette ZR-1. Like Tina's it's not just your regular Corvette(Mustang). The ZR-1 option package was only offered from 1990-1995 with only 6900 some made. The ZR-1 package consisted of an LT-5 motor, which produces 375 horsepower (in the 90-92's and 405 hp in the 93's-95's). The motor itself is just beautiful. The car has a wider rear-end than the regular Corvettes to accomodate the fatter tires in the rear. So far they are still the fastest Corvette produced. The new ones might be able to beat the ZR-1's off the line in the 1/4 mile, but the ZR-1's have a top speed of 180 mph which the new ones could never reach (stock) because they aren't as aerodynamic.

I could go on and on, but I know you're more interested in the pictures. ;) Since Imagestation is still down, I've resized them to attach. This one is a picture taken by a professional photographer behind the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, KY.

Tina
12-11-2002, 12:53 PM
Very beautiful car!! I forgot to attach the last link so here it is sorry. The SVO was only made between 1984-1986. Hey Tubby & Peanut's Mom wanna race?? Just kidding I'd say your car would leave our car in the dust.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&attachmentid=163

Tina
12-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by NoahsMommy
My hubby sure would like that! He'd look at it and magically be able to "see" the engine and horsepower! :)

Most hubby's are like that:rolleyes: *LOL*

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2002, 12:59 PM
This one is me and Terry right before an open road race we did in Fort Stockton, TX. They close the 64 mile road down to regular traffic and let us run pretty much as fast as we want to. It's a great thing for speed freaks because you can run your car like you really want to, without worry of a speeding ticket. My top speed was 140 mph, and I could have gone faster but I was worried about breaking my "tech" speed, so I had to slow down a bit. Over the whole 64 miles, I averaged 119.89 mph getting me 3rd place in my class. Terry, on the other hand, had a top speed of 168 mph :eek: , and averaged something like 145 mph over the 64 miles. :eek: Now you can see why I had to do it on my own. There is no way I'd be in the car with him going 168 mph!!!! He took 3rd place in his class also. This is really a good time for anyone with a performance car, so if anyone would like further info, feel free to PM me. :)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2002, 01:01 PM
And this last one is me chasing Terry at Road America in Wisconsin. We do some track events up there, where we can get our cars out on the track and run them, again, like they should be without worrying about a ticket. :) This one was taken by a professional photographer also, who just happened to get us like this. We had no idea he was taking pictures until we were done, and I couldn't believe he got this one. This is one of my all time favorite pictures of me and Terry. :)

Vermontcat
12-11-2002, 01:03 PM
Nice photos Tina, my husband used to have a black Trans Am. There is something about those fast black cars.;)

Oh Tubby, Samantha's heart is going pitter-pat just picturing your sleek blackness zooming around in your sleek black corvette!
But then I suppose a car that nice is stored for the winter and isn't allowed out in the snow. ;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2002, 01:06 PM
Oops, forgot to say, nice car Tina! I know the SVO's were something special too, and Terry always waits for cars like that to show up when we're in our cars so he can play with them a bit. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for him, the Mustangs and Vipers and Porsches and such usually only show up when we're in our daily drivers. :) Terry is much more likely to do this kind of stuff on the street, although he has backed off a lot in the last few years. He realizes it doesn't make much sense to get in trouble, and possibly have somebody get hurt, so he takes it to the track now. ;) Oh, and he used to race proffessionally, so he really knows what he's doing in fast cars - unlike me which is why I'll pass on all the street racing stuff. :)

Tina
12-11-2002, 01:07 PM
Pretty cool!! Wish we had tracks like that around!! But we don't:( Hopefully next year we can go to the SVO reunion next year and run the car some. We only have a 1/8 mile track. Rob done pretty good. He ran like in 9.3 he was only going 70 mph or 75 mph I can't rember. He's had it up to 120 mph before on the interstate with a friend. But they slowed down cause they were afraid of getting a ticket. I've had it up to about 90 mph before. But that is fast as I've had it.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2002, 01:11 PM
My sweet Samantha, since you asked, here are two pictures of your dearest in his Corvette. In the first one he is inspecting his engine to make sure it's clean enough. :rolleyes:

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2002, 01:12 PM
And in this one he is getting out of the car after inspecting the interior to make sure it's clean enough. (of course it was clean, until he left all his little black hairs everywhere ;) :rolleyes: )

Tina
12-11-2002, 01:12 PM
Originally posted by Tubby & Peanut's Mom
Oops, forgot to say, nice car Tina! I know the SVO's were something special too, and Terry always waits for cars like that to show up when we're in our cars so he can play with them a bit. Fortunately for me and unfortunately for him, the Mustangs and Vipers and Porsches and such usually only show up when we're in our daily drivers. :) Terry is much more likely to do this kind of stuff on the street, although he has backed off a lot in the last few years. He realizes it doesn't make much sense to get in trouble, and possibly have somebody get hurt, so he takes it to the track now. ;) Oh, and he used to race proffessionally, so he really knows what he's doing in fast cars - unlike me which is why I'll pass on all the street racing stuff. :)

Thankyou!! *LOL* my hubby don't street race that much anymore either. Usually we go to the track in the Spring/Summer.
My husband did race one of his friends about a month ago. His friend has a Thunderbird Turbo Coupe my husband beat him. And his friend ended up ripping the cutch out of his car while they were racing. Men they just don't know how to behave.

Tina
12-11-2002, 01:18 PM
Thankyou Vermontcat!! *LOL* that is a cute picture of Tubby checking out the engine!! My hubby wouldn't like it to well if the kitties got on our car. Even though sometimes they do. They leave their marks on the car. Since we painted the car seems like they don't get on there. Of course I'm glad they don't.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2002, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Tina
Pretty cool!! Wish we had tracks like that around!! But we don't:( Hopefully next year we can go to the SVO reunion next year and run the car some.

Yeah, it's fun going to these events. Every year we have a gathering of ZR-1 owners in Bowling Green, KY at the National Corvette Museum. It's really fun because we get to meet up with a group of people that we know through the internet, so it's fun putting faces to screen names - kinda like when the PT'ers get together. :) We usually have an autocross event and some drag racing. It's a great time so hopefully you guys can make it to the SVO event next year and partake. :)

Oh, and my car is Polo Green (dark green) with saddle (tan) interior. I know it looks black in a lot of light. Terry's car is black with gray interior, but other than that they are almost exactly alike...except he has 20 more horsepower than I do...of course because he can't have a slower can than me, are you kidding?!?! :rolleyes: ;) :D

Vermontcat
12-11-2002, 01:25 PM
Thank you for sharing the photos of Tubby! Samantha was sticking to me like glue until she saw some new photos of Tubby, now she is satisfied and has gone in the other room.:)

The only cars Samantha gets to play with are my son's miniature collection of nascars.
It is nice to see that Tubby has a little Jeff Gordon or Dale Earnhardt in him. Should we start calling him the Cat in Black?;)

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-11-2002, 01:42 PM
Originally posted by Vermontcat
It is nice to see that Tubby has a little Jeff Gordon or Dale Earnhardt in him. Should we start calling him the Cat in Black?;)

Actually it's just that he can't stand to be away from us. If we're in the garage - he has to be in the garage. :rolleyes: Terry calls him a garage rat because it's gotten to the point that Tubby knows when it's Saturday morning, and he will go sit by the back door and meow until we let him in the garage. And we don't want him in there alone because we don't want him climbing on the cars, so that means we have to go out there too. Usually I don't mind, but it's kinda cold out there these days. ;) :D

Dakota's Mommy
12-11-2002, 03:26 PM
I'm a big mustang fan! Well, I used to be more of one than I am now, but I still like them. Well, I don't have any pics to post, but my sister (Cincy'smom) and brother-in-law have a 1994 (I believe) Mustang Convertible. My brother also has a 1982 Ford Mustang but I think that ones kind of a piece of junk, it really needs to be fixed up. He's also got a really nice 1997 Pontiac Firebird with T-tops. He gets the gene for the Trans Am type models from my father who when I was born had his 2nd or 3rd Trans am, a 1979 model. From that model, he went up to a 1986 model with T-Tops and upgraded again about a year ago to a 1994 model with T-Tops. I wonder if I'll ever see the day that my father doesn't own a TA, I doubt it, but I'm not complaining. They are nice cars!

DogMania
12-11-2002, 03:35 PM
You'll probabaly all laugh at this but this car will be my next car.......right now i have a piece of junk

COCatMama
12-11-2002, 07:29 PM
My car! (http://www.lalania.com/chevette.htm)

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-11-2002, 08:48 PM
This is my car.....
http://photostore.automark.net/DealerPhotos/27109/P18660_2946167.jpg

I had always wanted a mustang but could never afford one.... I looove fast cars and I really really really wanted a mitsubishi eclipse spyder.... but I don't really like the new body style..... the spedomotor goes to 170 but I havn't had a chance to see how fast it can go..... like everyone else ... I don't need any tickets... soooo the car in the picture is the one I went to buy and that dealership treated us SOOOO BAD!!! Me and Eric left there so upset... I looked all over the internet for that exact car and had only found that ONE.... then my wonderful hubby stepped in and found that same car in a dealership in North Atlanta.. and we got the car I wanted for A LOT cheaper and with lower milage.... Next year I'm gonna put racing rims on it and a cold air intake on it to make it faster...;) .....
My friend in highschool had a 1964 mustang convertible... in EXCELLENT condition... wish I had a pic.... but it was metallic blue with a white top... and sounded soooooo good..

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2002, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by Sara luvs her Tinky
This is my car.....
I had always wanted a mustang but could never afford one.... I looove fast cars and I really really really wanted a mitsubishi eclipse spyder.... but I don't really like the new body style..... the spedomotor goes to 170 but I havn't had a chance to see how fast it can go..... like everyone else ... I don't need any tickets... soooo the car in the picture is the one I went to buy and that dealership treated us SOOOO BAD!!! Me and Eric left there so upset... I looked all over the internet for that exact car and had only found that ONE.... then my wonderful hubby stepped in and found that same car in a dealership in North Atlanta.. and we got the car I wanted for A LOT cheaper and with lower milage.... Next year I'm gonna put racing rims on it and a cold air intake on it to make it faster...;) .....

:eek: :eek: :eek: Sara, is that you talking??!?!?! I would never have guessed in a million years that you were into cars! I've always wanted a convertible, but it would have to be a 2nd car (ok, in my case a 3rd car) and that's just not too practical for us right now. We have a two car garage that has two Corvettes and two motorcycles in it right now so there's no room in there, and our driveway is a two car driveway that holds my daily driver and Terry's daily driver, and I don't think the Association would appreciate us parking a third car next to the gararge...it's more like they'd have a major problem with it. :rolleyes: We are also in the market for a car that can be towed 4 down behind the motorhome - preferably a 4 wheel drive - so that would be 4 cars for me, not to mention Terry's 2. Not to mention the insurance and licensing fees - ugh! So for now I'll stick with my trusty ol' Buick with the Corvette as a toy - and keep dreaming about that convertible. :)

And I love the black and tan. If I were ever to get a black car, it would have to have the tan interior.

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2002, 11:53 AM
Originally posted by DogMania
You'll probabaly all laugh at this but this car will be my next car.......right now i have a piece of junk

I love that Beetle convertible!

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-12-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Lalania
My car! (http://www.lalania.com/chevette.htm)

Wow, a Chevy Chevette! Haven't seen one of those in years!! A friend of mine used to have one of those. Had some great times in it, cruising around looking for guys - gee that was a long time ago. ;) :)

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-12-2002, 06:57 PM
originally posted by Tubby and Peanut's mom
So for now I'll stick with my trusty ol' Buick with the Corvette as a toy - and keep dreaming about that convertible.
And I love the black and tan. If I were ever to get a black car, it would have to have the tan interior.

Yeah I grew up with my dad being a NASCARaholic... he always worked the races ... he drove the wreckers that would tow the cars after wrecks... so I have always loved fast cars... and last year the Petit Lemans came to Georgia for the first time and I took Eric for his birthday and now I am totally adicted.. I swear for two months after that I REALLY wanted to be a race car driver... We took a lot of pics.. I will have to use my mom-in-laws scanner... but I fell in love with a 2 million dollar Audi (can you imagine).... they wouldn't let me sit in it but I got my picture next to it... It was a lot of fun but those cars are soooo loud ... they blow NASCAR out of the water... they had different corrals for cars like Corvettes and Porches... and the hubby's fav.. Vipors that the fans drove to the race...
I looooove my car .... I wanted the black with tan top and interior.. and like I said found the one but have never been treated so bad... anyway I finally got it... now I am on my mission to go broke fixin it up to be my dream race car...;) ... don't give up on getting a convertible.... my last car was a convertible cavalier LS... and I didn't think it was that big of a deal until I was ready to trade it in .... then I realised that ... I would miss that freedom of putting the top down way too much... and the Eclipse Spyder was always my fav..... and I finally got it... too much hard work .... but I love it so much.:D

COCatMama
12-12-2002, 07:00 PM
Tubby's mom : yup! a Shove-it HAHHAHA!!! I rarely drive it as I only have a learner's license :( It is my first car.
It's an '85

ownerof3dogs
12-12-2002, 07:22 PM
I just got my first car around Halloween! (even though I don't drive yet and I am almost 20!) I got a 1986 Chevy Camaro IROC Z. I love it. it has T-Tops and is in great shape. All it needs is a paint job!and 2 new tires. I found out that the tires are expensive though because the car only takes high performance tires!. I got a great deal for it. I paid $500. but I found out it was worth around $3000:eek: So I made out great! the kid just wanted to get rid of it.

Here is a picture of a camaro. Mine looks just like this one, just mine is red( I don't know what color I want it to be. Any suggestions?)

Also my brother had a 1980 Chevy Camaro. it looks so cool. It's all black!

COCatMama
12-12-2002, 07:34 PM
don't feel bad, I'm 28 and a half!!!!!!

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-12-2002, 09:08 PM
Camaros are so cool... my uncle upgraded his camaro every year... too bad they quit making them cause they are real pretty cars! When you paint your car... I think I would suggest silver cause it is my favorite... black is real pretty just a pain to keep clean... :)

ownerof3dogs
12-13-2002, 11:55 PM
Thanks Sara, I was also thinking silver or black Or maybe a deep blue or something. I don't know! I put the picture on my paint shop program and I was switch the color all around. I made in orange, lime green, purple (look kinda cool too) Rust, ect. I was having SO much fun. Maybe a little TOO much fun LOL

Sara luvs her Tinky
12-14-2002, 12:08 AM
Yeah some blues are REAL pretty... my friend has a 96 eclipse and it is painted a metallic toy blue..... I LOVE IT!!! The metallic flakes do soooo much to a paint job...... but silver is still my fav!;)

Christiansmommy
12-14-2002, 12:21 AM
My brother had the same car... and since that car, he has only owned mustangs...and will always own only mustangs :) He had that same SVO in black, also a 1969 fastback in the original grabber orange...unfortunately he got hit by a car and the car got totalled!! Now he has a 2002 red one...he definatly loved his SVO and plans to get an old (1969) mustang in the future to restore.

Robyn

12-14-2002, 04:27 AM
WAW Tina , great car !! You did a marvelous job in restoring it !!
Hey , I am a Ford-lover too ! My sister-in-law has a Ford-garage , so the whole family is driving a Ford , hahaha !
Mine is a Ford Focus . Is this type available in the US ? I LOVE driving in it !
My hubby is NOT driving in a Ford ; He is auditor of the Belgian devision of Toyota - Lexus ; so , he is driving a beautiful Lexus . Know this ?:D

http://www.uselessgraphics.com/smokem.gif

HoRsELUvR
12-14-2002, 12:14 PM
cool!i like Mustangs.

Windsor
12-14-2002, 01:14 PM
Originally posted by Christiansmommy
My brother had the same car... and since that car, he has only owned mustangs...and will always own only mustangs :) He had that same SVO in black, also a 1969 fastback in the original grabber orange...unfortunately he got hit by a car and the car got totalled!! Now he has a 2002 red one...he definatly loved his SVO and plans to get an old (1969) mustang in the future to restore.

Robyn

That's right sis... I didn't know you knew so much about my cars... heheh... Mom told me about this post, so I figured that I'd reply.

Tina, NICE CAR! I had an '84 SVO also. I bought it in pretty much mint condition with only 41,000 miles for $4,000! Only problem was that I had to dump $1000 into it a week later to fix the fuel system. The car had previously been garaged and in storage for 3 years and condensation rusted the inside of the gas tank. That, in turn, destroyed the whole fuel system. It needed a new gas tank, fuel level sender, fuel pump(s) (these cars have two) and fuel injectors. That car was a great car, but the only problem I really had with it was finding front shocks for it. If I remember right, they were Koni adjustable's or something? Kinda proprietary to the SVO. Anyway, mine was black also, with the charcoal cloth interior.

Well, I'm out now to change the oil on my 2K GT and the headlamps. I will post some pics of it when I'm done. It has had some stuff done to it. :cool:

Tina
12-14-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by lut
WAW Tina , great car !! You did a marvelous job in restoring it !!
Hey , I am a Ford-lover too ! My sister-in-law has a Ford-garage , so the whole family is driving a Ford , hahaha !
Mine is a Ford Focus . Is this type available in the US ? I LOVE driving in it !
My hubby is NOT driving in a Ford ; He is auditor of the Belgian devision of Toyota - Lexus ; so , he is driving a beautiful Lexus . Know this ?:D

http://www.uselessgraphics.com/smokem.gif

Thank you Lut!! That is really cool that your sister has a Ford-garage! We are Ford lovers also we have a F-250 Diesel truck also. Hopefully next month we'll have another Ford truck don't know what it will be. Yes we have Ford Focus's here in the states. They are nice little cars.

Tina
12-14-2002, 01:47 PM
Originally posted by Windsor
[B

Tina, NICE CAR! I had an '84 SVO also. I bought it in pretty much mint condition with only 41,000 miles for $4,000! Only problem was that I had to dump $1000 into it a week later to fix the fuel system. The car had previously been garaged and in storage for 3 years and condensation rusted the inside of the gas tank. That, in turn, destroyed the whole fuel system. It needed a new gas tank, fuel level sender, fuel pump(s) (these cars have two) and fuel injectors. That car was a great car, but the only problem I really had with it was finding front shocks for it. If I remember right, they were Koni adjustable's or something? Kinda proprietary to the SVO. Anyway, mine was black also, with the charcoal cloth interior.

Well, I'm out now to change the oil on my 2K GT and the headlamps. I will post some pics of it when I'm done. It has had some stuff done to it. :cool: [/B]

Thankyou!! Our car has close to over 100,000 miles now. Since we drive it everyday. I love it. It is the best little car I've ever drove. And everyonce in awhile it gets to kick 5.0's butt's out on the streets.:D I think they do have Koni adjustable's not forsure have to ask my hubby. Can't wait to see pictures of your GT what year is it??

Windsor
12-14-2002, 03:18 PM
It's a 2000 GT, bought it in July of 2000 as a birthday present for myself. :p It is kinda getting dark now, so I'm not sure how well the pics will turn out. Maybe I'll take them tomorrow. I just wanted some updated pics because I just added a Mach 1 front spoiler and re-did the gauges for like the 6th time.

Windsor
12-15-2002, 08:39 PM
Ok, here's the exterior.

Windsor
12-15-2002, 08:40 PM
And the interior...

Tina
12-18-2002, 10:04 AM
Nice car Windsor!!

I don't you wrong about the miles on our car it has close to 40,000 I was thinking about our truck when I told you 100,000 miles.

slleipnir
12-18-2002, 07:10 PM
Wow, you ppl have some nice cars!!!!!

'97 dodge dakoda --->