PDA

View Full Version : How do you know if they are the size they need to be

Rocky'smomma
12-11-2002, 11:29 AM
I have had lots of people tell me Rocky is big for his age..(5 months) and he is as big as a small full grown kitty I think, but do you look at their paw size to tell if they are going to be a good size? I know this seems like a corny question, but I just wanted to ask anyway:) I still haven't picked up the pictures yet but it will be soon!! I just have been so busy taking care of kids and all....

zookeeper
12-11-2002, 01:27 PM
Not sure if you can ever know with cats. When we adopted Cam he was 10 months and they didn't think he was going to get any bigger. He was a tiny little thing. Well we brought him home and fed him Supreme Fomula Nutirience and he grew, not fat but taller and longer, he is now a pretty big cat. We had to cut him back to regular formula as he was starting to get fat:)

Barbara
12-11-2002, 04:15 PM
Yes I look at the paws.
If you look at cats like Filou or Nakita or Juni, they will ever be small and it would be a pity if they were too big. If you look at Tigris and Gabe and Edwina, they are quite bigger but still ok. So, if Rocky is of the Tigris type, he may well have the size of an adukt Aby and still be ok.
Anyway it is easier to prevent little cats from getting too big than to cut the diet on older ones which are more prone to health problems if they're too fat.