PDA

View Full Version : LOL, Re-run Thursday? #546

RICHARD
08-15-2013, 01:06 PM
I 'skipped' Thursday #545 last week, I labeled it 546 on accident.

So, Let's do it again and make this an "I can have my cake and eat it" week.

I have had the urge for a German chocolate cake.....

And a nice glass of cold lemonade!

I'll open up the doors to the back porch, let some air in.

DONE!

Karen
08-15-2013, 06:43 PM
Several birthdays around the family now, so cake for sure! Ice cream cake, anyone? Got one in the freezer!

RICHARD
08-15-2013, 07:31 PM
Several birthdays around the family now, so cake for sure! Ice cream cake, anyone? Got one in the freezer!

Do they still make the Carvel IC cakes?

Those were delicious.

I'll go for a slice.

Moesha
08-15-2013, 09:39 PM
I bought a Carvel ice cream cake at Walmart a couple of months ago.

smokey the elder
08-16-2013, 10:30 AM
If you want a really decadent ice cream cake, Cold Stone Creamery has them! Pricey but good.

david p
08-17-2013, 09:13 AM
Hi, RICHARD! I'm back on thursdays. I love ice cream cakes and I have a brand new remote with me.

Karen
08-17-2013, 01:22 PM
Carvel does! And they even still do have a couple stores, though the closest one to me is 45 minutes away. They sell the cakes in supermarkets now, though!

RICHARD
08-18-2013, 11:52 AM
Carvel does! And they even still do have a couple stores, though the closest one to me is 45 minutes away. They sell the cakes in supermarkets now, though!

Oh, oh........I loved the cake/ice cream creations. A chocolatecake/vanilla mix would do just fine!

Hi David,

The ORC has been moping around here without anything to get into.

STE,

Stone Cold Creamery, That was big on the left coast, but I never made it to one.....I'll have to check it out.

Moesha,

I'll check it out, there is a huge Walmart up the street.....I always get sidetracked before I get to the GOOD stuff.

Lady's Human
08-19-2013, 03:35 PM
Barkeep,

Can I get a beer and a set of noseplugs?

Homemade pickles are great after they've set for a month or two, but the toll they take on your sinuses while cooking is something else!

Karen
08-20-2013, 12:11 PM
Maybe goggles with noseplugs - I remember those sessions, watering eyes ... but love the results later!

Lady's Human
08-20-2013, 12:52 PM
Today will be better, plum jam.

Yesterday was dill relish and bread and butter pickles, I felt like my sinuses had been reamed out with a bottle brush.

RICHARD
08-20-2013, 01:06 PM
Barkeep,

Can I get a beer and a set of noseplugs?

Homemade pickles are great after they've set for a month or two, but the toll they take on your sinuses while cooking is something else!

LOL,
Hot vinegar?

One Cold Beer, done!

I can get the Orc to cover your eyes and hold you nose?:eek::)
Nose plugs and goggles!

Oh my,

Plum Jam? Oh man, I just drooled all over my shirt. I remember the tartness of a good scoop over a hot, buttered piece of rye bread.

Me, Jealous?

I should say so!

;)

Lady's Human
08-20-2013, 01:13 PM
Plum Jam? Oh man, I just drooled all over my shirt. I remember the tartness of a good scoop over a hot, buttered piece of rye bread.

Me, Jealous?

I should say so!

;)

Do we need to get you a bucket for that hole in your lip? :p

gini
08-20-2013, 03:13 PM
Years ago, when I was first married, we went to see Point Loma Lighthouse. Do you remember the lighthouse, Richard? Or did you ever go south to see it?

It is a wonderful old lighthouse and they had things for sale - including bread and butter homemade pickles - and samples out to try. They also gave you the recipe if you wanted.

I picked one up and one weekend after my cucumbers were ready to be picked, I made my own batch
of bread and butter pickles.

It was a very rewarding day of cooking.

I guess I would like to order an iced cold beer and some nachos with hot cheese.

RICHARD
08-20-2013, 06:18 PM
Years ago, when I was first married, we went to see Point Loma Lighthouse. Do you remember the lighthouse, Richard? Or did you ever go south to see it?

It is a wonderful old lighthouse and they had things for sale - including bread and butter homemade pickles - and samples out to try. They also gave you the recipe if you wanted.

I picked one up and one weekend after my cucumbers were ready to be picked, I made my own batch
of bread and butter pickles.

It was a very rewarding day of cooking.

I guess I would like to order an iced cold beer and some nachos with hot cheese.

I love a woman with Ball (jars).......:)

One Nachos, cold beer and a side of B&B pickles.

Done.

My dad was a B&B pickle freak. I am more partial to sour pickles but my mouth is watering.

LH,
I have a bib, the kind with the pocket at the bottom........

I was out on my walk with the dog and realized that it sounded like I wanted the Orc to smother you!
Not my intention at all!

More cold beer?

Done!

Pinot's Mom
08-21-2013, 12:18 PM
The homemade pickles I like (and I think I'm repeating myself at the bar) are Watermelon Pickles. Oh my, they're wonderful!

Could I get some with an ice cold Vodka and Cranberry, please? I am in a rather celebratory mood! As some may have seen me allude to on FB a BIG burden has been lifted from the Cooper household. I can't say what there, but I can here! Coop was in a real estate holding with his siblings (by inheritance) which he DID NOT want to be in and we were very sure there were some really crooked things going on. It is now over. I am so glad!:D

RICHARD
08-21-2013, 04:19 PM
The homemade pickles I like (and I think I'm repeating myself at the bar) are Watermelon Pickles. Oh my, they're wonderful!

Could I get some with an ice cold Vodka and Cranberry, please? I am in a rather celebratory mood! As some may have seen me allude to on FB a BIG burden has been lifted from the Cooper household. I can't say what there, but I can here! Coop was in a real estate holding with his siblings (by inheritance) which he DID NOT want to be in and we were very sure there were some really crooked things going on. It is now over. I am so glad!:D

Pickles, Cran anc vodka!

DONE!

Yes, always a good day when thing are 'over'!

Karen
08-21-2013, 04:59 PM
The recipe I think we no longer have, any of us, is my maternal grandmother's sour pickle recipe, which was unlike the dill pickles or others we'd make. They were pale and extra yummy, but I think that recipe card go lost, and Ma probably never translated into usable terms anyway! Grandma Smith, who died when I was a baby, tended to just list ingredients, sometimes without quantities, sometimes with, and assume you knew what to do with them!

Gini, you should share that recipe if you still have it!

Not that I have a garden full of cucumbers, but others may!

cassiesmom
08-21-2013, 05:34 PM
Here, I brought bread - white and rye. Could I just have a smear of plum jam on my bread, please. Pinot's Mom, I am really glad you got good news! I got some mixed news today. Things should come out right but it might be a bit bumpy first. :-|