PDA

View Full Version : Star Flash!!!

tatsxxx11
01-27-2001, 09:53 AM
Hey everybody out there in Pet Talk Land!! Better intraduce my self I guess, tho I feel I alredy know you guys as mom's always talkin bout you and your furkids. This here is Star, yellow lab extraordinairrre! You know, owner of Tats, or as we all call her round here, Mom, Mom, good ole Mom. Well, I don't know what's happenin in your den, but here all they've been talkin about lately is some pup named Cinder!! Cinder this, Cinder that!! Cinder, Stray, and more Cinder! Cinder and Stray stories ALL DAY LONG!! Beee-geeeee-zus!! I've got Cinder stories comin outta my ears!! It's enuf to make any self respectin, limelite hogging lab such as myself chase her tail and start lickin up a really nasty hot spot. (Wouldn't that send mom over the edge http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif) OK, so Cinder sounds like a pretty cool doggie pup. The Kid too. And OK, so they're kinda funny. But all this Cinder talk is takin the shine off me! As you probably already know, I AM the center of my mom's universe after all. Yeah, yeah, I know she's always tellin you guys tall tails about how nuts I make her and how I'm always gettin into mischif. But dad says moms always zaggeratin bout somethin and makin herself crazy anyway. Like the other day... So I got into the trash and ate a few BIG onions. (**BURP**) Boy, you da thunk the world was comin to an end round here. I thought they went down reeeeel eazy. Tried to cover my traks, but when mom discovered the smelly evidence, specially the stinky breath which I admit, could knock a mastiff on it's butt, boy, was there hell to pay! She was pacing the floor big time and pulling at her hair, calling a major time out, and well actin reeel nuts!! Before ya know it, she's on the fone to doc Paul talkin all lab-sterical!! I thought a grabbin Cody by the paw and hedin for the hills, but mom caught me (man she's fast) and I got a reeeeeal long time out for that one. Thought she was NEVER gonna let me get off my bed. Man, sometimes I think mom should pop a few doggie downers herself. Dad says I'm gonna give her a nervis breakdown one day and they may have to put her away somewhere for good and then who would I have to torment? Sumthin to think about I guess. But I'm thinkin, girls just wanna have fun. So, before I go doin anything draztic to my self over all this Cinder talk thing, thought I'd get on this puter and start a little bark board of my own. I call it the "Star Flash." Givin you all the "poop" from my den and scoops (get it, poops?? scoops??) from all around doggie dom in general. Kinda your rover, uh, roving lab-porter. And I'd 'courage all you other pups out there in cyber land to do the same. Get on yer 'puter and give us the scoop on what's happenin in your hood. Think the Karen lady should think bout givin us pups our own place on Pet Talk to bark bout what's goin on in our lives as WE see it. Sometimes I think mom strrrrretches the truth bout what goes on here and equal time is only fair!! So here's my Star Flash for the day. Well, where was I. Oh yeah. Well first, mom may have told you already. Last week we were all dragged down to doc Paul's in the BIG bye-bye thing with the spinning wheels and a nasty metal cage inside that keeps me from jumpin on her head while she's navigatin the torpedo. I admit it. I did enjoy jumping on her and taking the wheel when I was a youngster. Mom would absolutely turn purple and scream I was gonna be the death of us all, or somethin like that, whatever that means. Anyway, it was Cody girl who was feeling under the weather http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif this time, but I went along to supervize and make sure the Cody girl was treated ok. Somebody's gotta be in charge; mom's always a WRECK and things can get pretty hairy with her in charge. Cody girl had a reel ruff early life and is a little fraid of the doc's ya know, so I'ze gotta protect her. So, anyway, we had to leave the Cody girl there for exreys cuz she was limpin on her leg bad. They gave her sumethin to make her snooze for a long time and took pictures of her. Kinda cool. Later that night he told mom she has hip displayzuh or somethin. Mom was real sad and started drippin water from her eyeballs. But the doc told her not to worry too much and, as usual, was handin her a white thing to blow all that ropey wet stuff outta her nose. When we got FINALLY got home it was way dark cauz we waited so long to pay the ransom to spring her outta that place. When we got back to the cave, Cody was reeel wobbly, kinda like dad after a big party, and mom did a lot of fussin with her. I was starvin myself and treated myself to a bite to eat from the cat dish when she wasn't lookin. Mom bit her lip real hard at that, but didn't lose it for once, then sat me down and said in that kinda low voice that things were gonna be a lot different around here for a while! Ut Oh, I'm thnkin. Well, let me tell ya, life sure HAS changed round her since then. Mom keeps tellin me to "knock it off" a lot. (I think I do a pretty good job of that already, ya know, vases, lamps, other 'spensive things) and stop "horsin around" when me and the Cody girl play. Horsin around??? Horse??? HORSE??? Do I look like a horse??? Boy, I think she's really comin unglued. Anywho, there' lots of time outs and doggie down time here now. Ya know, me and the Codymister sittin on our beds (I prefer the couch myself) watchin the tube and evissseratin' the guts outta our squeaky toys. So, last night we were tryin to be good girls. Mom set us up in the livin room with the tube and lab-mote while she was cookin up some yummies for her and dad in the room where the treasured trash is kept. I was crusin the channels when I saw sumthin that made my eyes POP OUT OF MY HEAD!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif Mind you, it takes a LOT to shock a trash hound like me when it comes to doggie antics!! So, here's the news anckor dude sayin somethin about a pooch that had swallowed a fifteen inch surrrrrrated nife!!! The whole thing! And lived to bark about it! Now I've downed some pretty wierd things in my day. Once mom took me to get exreyed after lots of pukin', yakin and di-a-poopies. Doc Paul showed her the exreys and said sumthin bout "multiple foreign objects." Mom's eyes got reeeel big as he pointed out the bird skull, bone bits, rocks, sand and sumthin called an action hero figure in my gut. Like Cinder, I got the lube job treatment pronto. And mom said if I didn't poop it all out like reeeel quick I was going under the nife. That made me dump a big load reeeeel fast. Pheeeew. That was a close one. But geeeeeeeeeeeez!! What was THIS dude thinkin of!? They showed the pics like they took of Cody. Ya know, the exreys to prove it. And there he sat, this border collie type pooch, just panting and smilin for the camera, showing off his zippered stomach, hammin it up for the camera and enjoyin his 5 minutes of fame. Even I'm not THAT desprit for attention!! Dad says he thinks they outta put this one in ripley's sumthin or other and that this outta teach me a lesson too. So, can ya believe it??? Well, that's all my news for now. I'll keep "rovin" the world for more stories from doggiedom to share with you all on....."Star Flash!!!!" Bye for now!!! RUFFFFF! RUFFFFF!

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited January 27, 2001).]

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited January 27, 2001).]

Phred
01-27-2001, 03:45 PM
Hi, Star Lab; hey, you type good. Oh; Cinder here...

I need ta know sumpthin about what you said 'bout unyins - are they BAD for us? I jest know Dad would never do anything to hurt us, but he lets me nibble on his sammiches an' they almost allways have unyins on 'em. How much unyins is bad for us? I don't wanna act *prissy* an' not take the snackers that Dad offers, but I sure don't wanna hafta stay at Doktor Mike's Hopsbital. I went there onest time and came home with sore tummy and a zipper in it. Don't want that ta happen 'cause of an unyins treat.

An' how on Earth did you get all them "forrin objeks" into your tummie? Sum of that stuff dosen't sound all that yummie to me!

Tell us whatcha know, Star Lab. /s/ Cinder

tatsxxx11
01-27-2001, 04:18 PM
Hey Cinder! Cool!! Can't believe I'm really talkin to the ***REAL STAR***!! Sounds like you three been thru quite a bit there at yer den!! Just let me say, it's a pleasure to shake your paw! So, dad's been feedin ya unyins!! OK by me! But mom's been doin lots a 'vestigatin on this here 'puter and seems the jury is in on this un! Seems if we pups eat a lot of the stinky balls, like one er two a day for a week or 2, we start losing those red things floatin in our blood. Even a little unyins in our food, as a regular thing, can make us kinda punky and puky. I think doc Paul called it aneemeia, or, wait mom says to spell it right, OK, anemia. Chronic anemia at that! It won't make us suddenly keel over with our feet pointin up all stiff- like (like the dreaded chocolate) but still, not a good idea. Dad use to give us veggie leftovers and salad with lots a unyins. No more!! Mom wasn't sure the other day just how much was legal, ah, lethal, but, as usual, she's always frettin and thinkin the worse so a course she had to call doc Paul STAT!! He said it was cool...don't sweat it. Maybe a belly ache, some barfin, a few stinky ~air biscuits~ or two, but nuttin like a lab-mergency. Anywho, and trust me Cind, this ain't eazy for me so say, after all I am a lab, but from one great pup to another, I think it's a good idea to lay off the stinky things and stick to sumthin safe on those sandwitches like lots of roast beef and turkey!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif Might set a good example for the Kid too. Last thing he needs is a belly ache and more poop-eroni!! And Cind, let me tell ya, you are one great bud to the Kid...and dad!! Hope Hannah's poem gave dad and a gentle shove in the right deee-rection!! I always thought a trio sounded better than a duet anyway! I love ya Cinder. Give that Stray Kid a big sloppy kiss from one beautiful blond labrador babe! Catch ya later Cind. Keep the Kid safe; dad too. Your Pal, Star

RachelJ
01-27-2001, 08:26 PM
Hey Star, it's me Hannah!
Now you can understand why the two leggers are all so enthralled with Cinder. She is such a likeable sort. You can't even be ticked off with her because they are such dribbling idiots over all her adventures. I know, I know, WE had to spend a whole evening trying our best to think of names for the potential sibling and you read what MY mom said, didn't you? "We love Cinder like one of our own"!!! What is THAT?

But when you read the Cinder updates, you can't help liking that little GS. She just goes through life just like the rest of us, trying to do the best she can and figure out what's it all about. No pretense with her and she has opened the door for the rest of us to get more puter time. Plus, I don't think you have to worry about your Mom! If there ever were adored pups, it's you and Cody! I would dare to say you two have it preeetty good! So thanks for giving us the lowdown on what's going on at your house. I'm up for learning a few new tricks, if you get my drift!!! I'm not talking about any of that sit-stay BS either.

Well, time to take off. Got get to the Big Bed first so I can get the best spot. Late comers have to take what left.

signed: Hannah, Queen of the Couch

tatsxxx11
01-28-2001, 06:38 AM
Hey Hannah...Did you get the Big Bed!!?? Gotta grab your "seat" round her pretty darn quick too! Mom's still not ready to go out and play yet and I don't know what she waitin for. So I'm just sittin here twiddlin my paws munchin on a stray krunchie, plannin my busy day an thought I'd say woof! Yeah, the Cinder Girl is pretty darn cool. The Kid too. Wish dad could send us a shot of the dynamic duo in action. Mom's always snivlin bout some pup or critter somewhere anyway so I should be use to it and join the fan club. Hope today the Kid has things under control, if you get my ~~~~~drift~~~~~~~~~~!!!! Yo, Cinder, Stray Kid, an all a youz out there. Grab your beds and blankets, the ree-mote and some vittles, and forget that bowl thing game they're all yakkin bout! Tonight me and the Codster's watchin our fave flick! BABE!!! Now that's a piggie with attitude!! La, la, la, la, la!!! All kinds a great critters, antics and action! Me and my buds here at the den give it 2 BIG paws up! Stray and Cinder, you crazy kids would just love this one! Yeah, yeah, I know....Another reason for mom to flush her eyeballs out. She really has to get a grip! Well, don't know bouts you guys, but I'm bout ready to jump outta my fur waitin to hear how Cinder and Co. made it through the night! Cind, you there???? Yo, Cind? Oh well, I'm puttin kibble on the kid that he made it through without a "whiff" a trouble! But geeez, it if they put me through the ringer like that kid's been, gee, I'd be spilling my guts all over the place too! Well, gotta jet. Here my mom perkalatin the black stuff....breakfast is a comin!! Yeah! Give a holler later guys... .your friend Star

tatsxxx11
01-28-2001, 06:50 AM
Hey Cinder...forget to 'splain bout the "multiple foreign objects" thing...As mom puts it, my breed is "genetically predisposed to the ingestion of all things of this earth, regardless of their chemical composition or potentially detremental effects to my anatomy!" Phew, that's a mouthful!! specially as a pup...man, I couldn't keep anything outta my mouth and sometimes, well, "down the hatch" as they say! Just didn't wanna give it up....and of course, I'm a hunter by nature so everything movin's fair game. Me and the group live by the ocean so lots a sand, crunchie things to munch on like crabs and snails and of course my all time fave, rolling on dead things, specially seagulls and rotting fish. After all that hard work, of course a quick snack is in order. Mom walks away fast yellin oooooooh no!!! and looks like she's gonna upchuck. Gotta give her credit tho. She still let's me kiss her on the mouth. So there you have it... hope it helps. It's not a lifestyle for everyone, but, suits me fine! Poor mom though, she says I'll never grow outa my terrible twos. See, I just want to retrieve everything, and lots atimes they just taste good goin down! Catcha later....Star

Phred
01-30-2001, 02:48 PM
Cinder to the Star*Burst~

Rats, big time! Dad went off to a Bowl Party and dint say notin' bout the Pig on the TV box. Ida pounded the cliker keys till the box lit up if idda known that show was on.

I gots ta stat up in the house again, but the Kid was tied to my time-out wall inna basement cause Dad still doesn't trust his poddy habbits. The cellar door was open so's I could keep the Smoke comp'ny, but I spent most of the nite loungin' upstairs with the Kat. Like Hannah, I like the BigBed and katch sum Zzz's on there, too. The Smokey Kid kinda likes Dad's Kliner Chair, but Dad doesn't like ta share unless he's (Dad) onna bottom with the FurKid on the lap.

Hey Star*, how'd the Pig do? He came out on top, dint he?

/s/ Cinder & Friends

tatsxxx11
01-30-2001, 04:16 PM
Hey Cinder Dog! Star Burst here! Boy, you sure got me pegged! I'm just "bursting" out all over, all the time!! From too much food, too much energy, and, ah, if I do say so myself, too much pride, sometimes, or so my mom says!! Wow, am I syched!! The Kid got a name!! And some fancy, long falutin handle it is, too! "On top of old Smokey..." la, la, la, la, la..well, you know the tune, Cind. Gotta teach it to the Kid, ah, SMOKEY! Every mutt's gotta have a theme song! Mine is "Twinkle, twinkle, little..." Bit babyish for a sophisticated young lady such as myself, but mom LOVES to sing it to me when I'm catching some zzzzzz's. Ugh! What us pooches won't tolerate to pleeze um!! And it's all official....the Kid's now a permanent rez-eee-dent there at "dad's den!" How cool!! Seems all Smokey's fizical fix-its are all progessing smoothly, so me and the Codster are reeeel happy to hear that. Geee, Cind, gotta tell dad ta check the listings before checking out for the nite. Yeah, of course, the little piggie sure did turn out being the hero in the end. Kinda bought a tear to the ole eye seeing how the ole farmer fella was won over by the little critter. Kinda reminds me a you, dad and the now famous Smokey saga!! I just LOVE a happy ending! And that chorus of singing meeces (you know, lots a mouse kids) la, la, la-ing just cracks me up! Well, gotta get off this thing to hunt down mom for vittles. If you can believe it, as if I didn't have to fight for every ounce a attention as it is, mom went out today and got HERSELF a pig. Not the Babe kind. She's yappin somethin bout a "guinea pig?" What the heck is that??? All I know is me and the Codster and Mr. B the cat are goin BONKER NUTS smellin out the critter and trying to locate it's, well location! She stuffed it in some kinda clear ball thing that it runs around in and I wanna chase it sooooo bad! Anywho, just what I needed Cinder Dog, more competition for mom's attention. From a rodent, no less!! But, she went to the animal shelter today and just couldn't come home empty pawed, if you know what I mean. Geeez, even the thing's name is cute..."Squeekers" Hmmmmm.....sounds like one those stuffed things I love to play with! Well Cinder Dog, you now got a bro; it's all official and legal like!! Once they put that rabies ID thingy on ya, your THEIRS!! Between you and me Cind, I think next ta gettin you girl, it's probably the second best thing he ever done! And just one more thing, Cinder Dog...YEAH!!!!!!!!! Big hugs to the now official Smokey, brother of Cinder the Wonder Dog!! (And of course to dad too, without whom all of this would not be possible! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

RachelJ
01-30-2001, 04:38 PM
It's me, Hannah, I just thought I'd check in now that Cinder has dug her own grave and officially got herself a brudder! Sure hope it works out for her. I still say I was meant to be an only child, but Daisy kind of saw through me and I have to admit there are some advantages to having a goof ball boy around. I will list a few.

Say I went outside and got real busy chasing squirrels and barking at some other critter I smelled in the vicinity, and I came back in forgetting what mom sent me out there for and then a wet spot mysteriously appears on the carpet, and mom finds it and starts screaming about "Who PEED in the house, You don't PEE in the HOUSE, You pee OUTSIDE!" Well, I act real cool and relaxed and simply with one turn of my head look directly at Tucker!

Say I don't want to be bothered and mom gets in one of her kissy face modes, Tucker is right there to sop up them kisses and I can avoid all them smooches and hugs. YUK!

Say Mom thinks I have enough toys and I don't think so, I can just take Tucker's.

Say I want to play with mom or get some extra treats, I enlist Tucker to help with the pestering. Two pests are better than one.

Geez, that is all I can come up with right now. This list isn't as long as I thought. I sure hope Cinder didn't make a big mistake. Anyways Mom says we are celebrating tonight because Smokey has a forever home. Wish me luck with sneaking some laps of her glass of wine.

RachelJ
01-30-2001, 04:48 PM
It's Hannah again. Star, I got a song too.
It is sung to the tune of "Summertime" and it goes like this.

Krunchie time and the nibbling is easy,
Krunchie time and the Krunchies are good.
Your dad's a poodle, your mom's a cocker spaniel.
Hush pretty puppy, now don't you whine.

The good part is when she sings it, it means we are going to be fed. The bad part is .....she can't sing!!!

tatsxxx11
01-30-2001, 05:22 PM
Oh Hannah, we all have our crosses to bear! But I still love your song, if not the sing-ING! And I say, us pooches NEVER have enough toys!! And two pesterers are ALWAYS better than one. Star's laws # 1 and 2!! Amen! Love you Hannah and Tucker, Love you Cinder and Smokey....Lots a licks, Star and Cody.

Daisy's Mom
02-03-2001, 12:50 PM
Hey guys it's Daisy! My Mommy always howls that old song that goes
"Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer true.
I'm half crazy, all for the love of you!
It won't be a stylish marriage,
I can't afford a carriage.
But you'll look sweet
Upon the seat
Of a bicicle built for two!"
That song always calms me down. But when she howls "You Ain't Nothin' But a Hound Dog," I just HAVE to howl along. And it's okay when Mommy howls it 'cuz she's in choruses and stuff so she howls good. But when HER mommy tries to howl it... ouch! But 'cuz I love her, I just smile and wag...

tatsxxx11
02-03-2001, 01:32 PM
Hey...Daisy....Star here. I think you're song's SO funny. Aren't our hoomins silly sometimes?? I think it's good you wag your tail and smile. It makes them feel special like. You should hear the one she sings to my sister Cody!! Oy! It's sung to the old Rawhide TV show theme song! Goes sorta like

Cody, Cody, Cody, they call her Camping
Cody, cause she's a Cody Cowgirl, Codyhide
Through rain and wind and weather
She and mommy camp together
She'll be waitin at the end of my ride
She's Codyhide!

I think it's cause in the summer we all camp out in our woods and make a campfire. I have to cover my ears with my paws...Catcha later kids. Off to play and steal food. I think mom's baking something, I smell~~~~~~~~butter!!! Ummmm!

tatsxxx11
02-04-2001, 12:24 PM
Hi Cinder, Smoke, Hannah, Daisy, all you pals and pups. It's me. Star, your "star" reporter, here to scoop you the poop on some cool cannine happinins round my hood and the resta doggiedom.

First up, me and my gang were checkin out the news the other night, when ALERT!!! Doggie story comin up next! Well, natch my ears perked way up and my eye's started buggin out. What would it be??? I grabbed my pad and crayon. Well, turns out next thing I see on the glass thing is this lady with this cute little guy, kinda a sheltie, sheepherdin, scruffie type mix. Reel cute. Turns out the lad wouldn't let up lickin and pawin at his mom's neck. Same spot, all the time. She finally had enuf a that, and after a few days a gettin aggrevated, felt around where the kid kept lickin. Turns out it was a small lumpy thing that turned out to be kinda bad. But the doc took the lump away fast and fixed her up and now the kids a hero and the mom's all better!!

And did I tell ya bout a local celebrity pup from my town ? "Shadow," the Kiss, (or is it Keeshound?) was walkin one day by the deep, wet hole near his den with his mom, and well, kinda took off, scurryin way cross the big hole covered with krunchie water. Woops! Through the krunchie water he fell. Now, he's quite a furry, fuzzy, little guy and couldn't swim and was all frantik like and yelpin! But, his mom screaned and ran for help and a nice person called Phred's type of people in red hats who came with a big red thingy on wheels, with bells and flashin lites and a ladder thing and lots a strings and WOW!!! The Phred type people saved him!!! Boy, what a crowd was watchin that one. Everyone cheered, but his mom most of all who was drippin all kids a wet stuff from her face. Shadow was on TV and in the paper and everything! The hero phred type guys too. They were reeeel cool. My mom got to "meet" the little guy when his mom dropped him off at her kennel for a tubbie and a blow dry! She said he's a great sweet boy, and all dry now. Swimmin lessons are slated for spring!!

For my last report, well, it's a heart melter. My mom said she was at the little food store and outside a real hansome kid, collie/shep type I think, sittin there all well behaved (there's that phrase again!!) with wet, sandy paws, lettin all pet him and stuff. Of course my nosey mom had to ask EVERYONE in the store who owned the doggie. Finally she found the dad, who couldn't stop talkin bout his beautiful dog "Spirit," a 14 year old senior who didn't look a day over 6! Turns out 5 years ago "Spirit" and his dad were walkin on a snowy day, no rope thing on him. Dad walked across the street with "Spirit" followin behind. Up comes a BIG truck who started slidin and couldn't stop in time, tho he tried, and poor pup got hit bad...broke his back. The dog doc said forget it...Makin a zipper to fix him would cost too much, the pup's too old, won't probably live through the cuttin they'de have to do, and if he did, won't be able to hardly walk resta his life. But dad said no. I owe him this chance, it was my fault not havin the rope thing on him. And besides, I didn't name him "Spritit" for nuthin! Well, 5 years later, not only did the tough little kid make it, but, well, just lookin at his sandy, wet paws tells it all. "Spirit" healed 100% and is still frolickin and rompin through the sand and water with his beloved dad. Just like a kid again! It's enought to make you just howl with happiness for the story of "Spirit," the dog with a heart and the dad who loved him!! Remember, behind every pup, there's a story! Mom says that's why she's always bein a pain to people, prakticlly RUNNING after them to ask about their dog and if she can pet um. CAN BE just a TAD embarassin!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/redface.gif

OH, OH, OH!!! Don't forget. Grab your pupcorn and jump on the couch!! Tonite on the CNBC channel thingy there's a show on National Geographic Explorrer called "TOP DOG!" All about my life!... http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif Just pullin your paw...It's really about what's the story with all those doggies who wanna be the "top dog" at that show mom's yappin bout, ah, Westweiner??? No, Westminster! Yeah that's it! Don't know what the big deal is. Buncha snobs if you ask me, but, kinda neat to see all those pups in one big backyard. Anywho, tonight, 8pm, CNBC!

That's it for now....This is Star, your "star" reporter, first with the scoop on the poop!! Catcha later!

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited February 04, 2001).]

RachelJ
02-04-2001, 02:49 PM
Hannah checking in. This is too freaky. First Mom says I'm a lot like you and then I read the bit about your Mom hounding the hounds which is just what my Mom does! Dad is the one who gets embarassed. I just get ticked off! She has ME, the beautiful, gorgeous and most fantastic Hannah! What else in life does she need? I represent and fulfill all that a two legger would ever need or want and yet she's always running up to one or another scraggy mutt and starts talking to them like they are something important, asking their name, how old they are, on and on and on.

I watched the whole dog show last year, well almost the whole show. Mom got tired and wanted to go to bed, so she turned off the TV even though I was still watching it. She puts my doggie bed near the TV but has a fit when I start scratching on the screen because I want to get in there with the other dogs. She says I'm not a purebred so I can't compete. Ha. They don't want me to compete because I am so beautiful I would make them other dogs look pitiful! Thanks for the reminder about the show though. Someone around here gets a little forgetful once in a while - we missed the Babe movie because of it too.

tatsxxx11
02-04-2001, 03:07 PM
Oh Hannah, Star here! Wow, are we like soul pups or WHAT???! The two of us, the ul-tee-mit in "pup perfection" and all we get is the raw end of the bone. (Hmmm, that sounds kinda good, actually) Anywho, nag, nag, nag. You'de think my full name was "NoStar!" Really, I think our moms are PRETTY DARN LUCKY to have the likes of us around. Ooh wouldn't it be neat if we could jump through the box and join all the doggies at the show??? I know we'd win, paws down! I already saw your pic on the 'puter and I must say you are quite fetching!! (my mom's too stupid to do it yet but dad SWEARS he's gonna show her so all can see me in all my glory) And I can't believe your mom is as silly as mine. Always cooing and ahhhing over some scruffie something walkin down the road. Kinda makes me wanna put my paw down my gizzard and gag!! Still, I know I'M the most beautiful and the apple of her eye, so I let her go on. But, I guess that what makes em really good mom's, loving all those living things like they do. Still, I RULE!! Like last night, I really outdid myself. I got up THREE TIMES to annoy her, go out, change my side of the bed. Even dropped the ball on her chest to play, but that didn't work. She went into the other room to sleep and shut me out!!! Then, reveleeeeeee at 5:30AM!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif How does she spect me to know it's "her day off??" She's actin kinda pokey today, didn't put her contacts in and stayed in her ickky clothes. Then she only threw my stick, ball, wiggly giggly and frisbee for about 1 hour today. We did go bye-bye in the torpedo to pick up Cody's medicine at doc Paul's. I've had worse days I guess. But, guess I better give her a break! Well, great talkin Hannah! I think I've got a pal for life here! Keep up the good work (tee-hee) watch the show, even if your mom's makin zzzz's and keep me posted. Love, Star

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited February 04, 2001).]

02-04-2001, 05:27 PM
Hannah, Star, Cody, Tucker & All ~

Bulletin: Smokey the Kid's gonna' get shipped off to skool starting this next Wednesday. We dump him off at 8pm and he's in class for a whole hour. What's that, Dad? Aw, that won't be any fun! How come you gotta go, too? You already been wunst wiff me - why do you hafta go again? So, what happens ta me?

Nutz! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/mad.gif I can either stay inna Shop and they'll come back for me; or I can sit the whole hour inna car. Why can't I come in an watch? How do you know I'll whine an howl an carry on? Maybe I'll be good.

Nutz again... Dad says don't even think about it the first night; and he'll think about it if there's someone who will agree to watch over me. Yeah, I 'member all those other dogs who sat in the little portable jails while their Moms worked two or three other dogs in the rings. Well, maybe I could be that quiet. How can we know if I don't get to try it?

So what's a little 'barrasment among fellow dog luvers? Gosh, you'd think my Dad never had kids 'fore. Well no Hoomin kids, but he's had Dawgs afore - nuffin should bother him now. I think I should be 'lowed to go an watch. SmokeMutt would be a lot happier if he has a buddy in skool that he knows.

I'll tell you guys all about Smoke's first day in class next week. Bye for now, /s/ Cinder

Karen
02-04-2001, 05:35 PM
See, Cinder - that's probably why Dad doesn't want you in there - Smokey'll be too busy trying to be with you, and play with you, to pay attention to his teacher. And don't worry 'bout your Dad having the training again, just think of it as a refresher course for him - and he'll probably be tops in his class, among the hoomins at least! That way Smokey gets training and Dad gets an ego-boost! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

tatsxxx11
02-04-2001, 06:06 PM
Hi Cinder and Smokey, Star here. Oh Cind, don't be sad. You're already "top dog!" Smokey's gonna go to like puppy k; kinda. At least he's just startin out. You "been there, done that!" Like I said before, you can be Smoke's "tooter" at home for brush up stuff and praktice. An important job. Glad to hear the two a ya's got to share the bed with dad. Bet everybody was toasty warm and sorta comfy. What a group! Smokey, you do good in class now and no cuttin up. I myself, was the class clown and personally enjoyed being the center of attention! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif But yuz be good so dad don't give you the boot!! Tune into the "Top Dog" show tonite on the box if you can wrestle the remote from him. 8pm CNBC. Them mutts got nuttin on us!! Love Star

Sudilar
02-05-2001, 12:02 AM
Hi, Cinder, another GSD here (Shiloh). Maybe it's a good thing that you don't go watch your new brother in class 'cause he'll be payin' more attention to you. I know 'cause when I go to agility with my human sister, the minute she lets go of my leash, I make a beeline for MOM sittin' on the sidelines. Everyone stops and looks at me runnin' and then they tell Mom to go hide. But that doesn't work, I find her every time! My human sister gets mad at me and tells me she's gettin her own dog! Oh well, maybe next week I'll pay attention to my sis.
Good luck with Smokey!
Shiloh

02-05-2001, 09:52 AM
Yep, I can relate to that, Shiloh! But my bud in skool was a humungus GSD named Mikey who owned one of the 'sistant teachers. We'd play fight an raise a reel rukus most every night. His Mom an my Dad couldn't take their eyes off us. When Mikey's Mom used him for show & tell inna ring, I'd usually wander out ta say Hi! Dad always got cranked http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/mad.gif when I'd break *heel* and go see him.

I had a LOT of fun at skool. It was a real humbling experience for Dad and most of the other parents. Every dog should have the opportunity to put at least one parent through a basic skool. It establishes a certain set of values and expectations that the Hoomins learn not to hope to ever exceed.

I've gotta tell the SmokeMutt how to do some of my best moves in the ring...

See ya'll... /s/ Cinder

------------------
/s/ Cinder & Smokey
the Rescued & Adopted
FurKids of *Phred*

AdoreMyDogs
02-05-2001, 11:22 AM
Hi Everyone,

This is Graham here, and I am a tad bit worried about somethin...but it's kinda outta subject. Can I still talk about it? I hope so cause I wanna get it off my chest.

Well I am in agility again now, I have a few more weeks to go and I love it ALOT, but mom tells me not to like that place too much cause she does not wanna take me anymore http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif I don't get it! I do great in class, I willingly do whatever mom tells me and I do it happily, but mom seems to be upset that some of the teachers yell at some of the other dogs in class and one of the teachers spanked a dog infront of all the other moms and other dogs. The teacher spanked the dog so hard that it cried. So cause the teachers yell at some OTHER dogs, who has nothing to do with me AT ALL that I can't go to school anymore http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif Mom said she's gonna try to find me another school but she keeps saying something about the other schools being REELY expensive! All I know is that if I can't go to school because of teachers being mean to other dogs then I will be so sad and mad! I never even did anything wrong http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif

Everyone, wish mom luck on finding a school that has teachers who don't yell at or spank student dogs, ok?

Thanks,

Graham

lhg0962
02-05-2001, 11:55 AM
Oh, Graham...
That is a horrible story. Lilly and I would be in a terrible state if we saw the teachers yelling and spanking! Not only should your mom take you out of that school, she should probably talk to someone about their behavior. That is awful. We never get spanked and our mom told us we never would. Now she can use some sharp words with us sometimes when we don't do what we're suppossed to, but she never yells at us, and always lets us know how much she loves us, just like your mom does.
My mom says that she has heard of a lot of people do the agility training on their own, not in a school. Maybe your mom can get a good training book and learn to teach you herself. Wouldn't that be great? I really want to do agility too, but my mom says I first have to learn a few more manners before we can do that.
Anyway, just wanted to say how sorry Lilly and I are that you had to see such behavior. I know you were glad to get home.
Love, Honey

02-05-2001, 01:21 PM
Graham ~ Cinder here,

Ask you Mom to talk to some of the other parents who have FurKids in the skool. The skool I went to is run kinda like a club with the Two-Leggers as the members who are allowed to bring us FurKids as "guests" to play in the building an on the 'gility stuff. Most of the 'structors are club members who just have nuff experience that other members will lissen to what they say and pay munnies to get inna class. If people don't like the way a 'stuctor teaches, or they whump on doggies, nobody will sign up for that class.

Maybe you Mom can help to fix the problem and change the attitudes at the skool. If enough parents speak up, things have got to change.
Good luck and hope you can keep goin'.

------------------
/s/ Cinder & Smokey
the Rescued & Adopted
FurKids of *Phred*

I Love My Aussie
02-05-2001, 02:44 PM
Hey all...it's Bandit, the Aussie. I think its so cool how my mom got her nmae from me, she ust love me. A lot of you have a screenname after you, too. Its so nice to get to talk with other puppy pals. Ggrrr....do you smeel that? Its a...a..a CAT!!! Oh no! I hate cats! Uh oh, here comes mom...gotta go!

~*Bandit*~

------------------
*Get a Grip Get an Aussie*

tatsxxx11
02-05-2001, 03:32 PM
Oh Graham!!!! Star here. Boy, that's one mean person to hurt a fellow pup. My mom says us guys should never ever be hit. I'm in agility classes with my mom too, and the Lauren teacher lady is soooo nice. She says it's a LEAST our time to play and exersize and have doggie fun. In our class, nuttin bad is EVER allowed to be said to us pups; not even a no! If we mess up, our moms and dads just don't give us a cookie and we try again. No big deal. We're here to learn and have fun. Still, all a us are doin reeeel good. Even the bassett pup!! The Lauren teacher lady yells at the pup's HOOMINS if they even skold one a us kids. We all learn with lots a praise and yummies and that cliky thing. I hope you kan find another class. Sure is fun. Moms workin on makin some jumps from some kinda pcv, pcp, pvc, yeah, PVC pipe and she found a guy whos gonna send us a tunnel thingy in the mail, so we can praktice at home too. Let my mom know if ya want some info. Sounds like yer a reeeeel wiz at this stuff and I hope you kan keep it up! I hope the doggies okay too and that yer mom will report the mean, bad, nasty person to the dog police or tell the person what a bad teacher they is or sumthin. Don't want any us kind hurtin for sumthin like that! Mean Lady!!! Grrrrr!!Sorry ya had ta see that. Love you Graham, Star

jackiesdaisy1935
02-05-2001, 04:33 PM
Perry and Daisy here: What's all this with the Labs, GS's, Aussies etc. Ain't anybody ever heard of a Schnauzer. We come from way back in time and were the best ratters in Germany. Darn proud of it too. We are fast!!
Mom was real mad, Daisy caught a bird in flight, can't find any rats around here. I don't do the rat thing anymore I'm retired and love that California sunshine. Still looking for some Schnauzer cousins on here,
any Schnauzer people around?

AdoreMyDogs
02-05-2001, 05:14 PM
Hi again everyone,

Graham here again. Mom just got off the phone with another agility place. She was happy, talked a LONG time on the phone and said they sound rrrrreeeeelll nice and good, and they had heard more bad things about the other agility place too from other moms and dads! Boy, so much bad stuff goes on at the other school where I was going! Mom reeeeelllly needs to find another place! There were 2 dogs that were hit ALOT by their moms also. One of them was a beagle girl and one was a big belgian shepherd doggie. I accidentally stepped into the belgian shepherds space last schoolnight (Thursday) and he lunged, barked and snarled at me, but he didn't hurt me he just scared me a little. I knew that I just stepped a little too close to him, he liked his space, but his mom started screaming and hitting him real hard, she did not even stop when my mom told her that she did not need to hit him any more! His mom kept telling him how bad he was and hitting him on his face, and his bumm. My mom told his mom that it's ok, he just needed his space and that it's ok, that I was not hurt. She kept saying, "but that's bad, he can't be doing that". Mom took me home because the energy there was tense and not fun anymore. She got off the phone with the new school place and said, "ouch, they are expensive!". The last school was $75 for 6 weeks and this school is $115 for 6 weeks. I don't know much about money but I guess that's hard for mom to do, after all, she and dad are saving for a house. But it looks like mom's going to do it for me http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif She must really like me! She heard good stuf about the new school and she said she's going to take me there to meet the teechers before she pays for the class. Boy am I glad to have my mom and not some of those moms that hit and yelled at their furkids, and the teechers who hit and yelled at other peoples kids!

After class last Thursday mom took me to the car, let me sit in the passenger seat, and wrapped her arms around me. She told me that she would never hurt me like those other moms hurt their kids, or like the teecher hurt someone elses kid. I sure am glad I have my mom. She's so good to me. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif

When mom was on the phone to the new and better school, she told them how bad the old school was to all the furkids and how they yelled and hit someone elses kid, and how they allow physical abuse and the other school told her that that's terrible. Mom does not know who else to tell about what a rotton school it is so if you have any advise please tell her. She thinks that they should not have school there and, although I had lotsa fun there, it hurt my feelings to hear so much yelling and then be the reason that poor big belgian got spanking after spanking. If you know who else mom could tell that might help future doggies from going there. Mom thinks she's going to call around a few obedience/agility schools and spread the word about this bad school. Mom will also tell my doggie doctor, maybe the doggie doctor will tell other moms and dads that they should not go there.

By the way, for all of those who live in Michigan, don't go to the Canine Community Center in Warren, MI! That's the BAD place!

Well bye bye to all you fellow friends, furkids, and furkid parents.

Sudilar
02-05-2001, 05:22 PM
Star, this is Shiloh, here..

My agility instructors do the same thing as yours. They yelled at my human sis and another lady yesterday 'cause they accidently said, "No." (Didn't yell mean at them, though!) Just 'cause I decided to run through the tunnel and continue to run to MOM on the sideline! (He-he-he)! (Two times)!(I LOVE MOM!) The teachers said no one will be allowed to yell the n-o word and if ANYONE is mean or even hits a dog, they are immediately EXPELLED from the program!! If we don't do what we're told, we just don't get that yummy piece of hot dog, even if we look all cute and sorry!!

Graham,
Do you want me (GSD, 95lbs.)and my bro (Killian, GSD, 110lbs.) to come on over and do a growl at those teachers? We'll teach them!!! Tell your Mom to report those guys and then go find another place. That just ain't right. Agility is fun!!

Shiloh

------------------
***Save a life, ADOPT***

Daisy's Mom
02-05-2001, 09:04 PM
Daisy here. Star, of course the Basset pup is doing good. Did you expect anything less from us? Hehe yah I really want to do agility but we live in Theboonies, Mommy says. I thought we live in Westminster but I guess we live in Theboonies. There are no agility places even near here. Plus Mommy says I am a little stubborn. Me? A Basset? Stubborn? Noooo. Graham I am sorry you had to see that. Hittin' doggies is a baaaad thing. Mommy doesn't hit me. But that's 'cause I never do anythin' wrong. Aw hey, guess what!? We're havin' a blizzard! Mommy says thats what we call it when lots of snow comes down. It's so deep already, I can't even walk in it. I have to hop like a bunny. Mommy thinks this is wicked cute. She's excited about the snow and keeps talkin' 'bout a snow day. Well no kidding it's gonna be a snow day Mommy, the day is all snowy. Sometimes I think she's a lil' slow. But ya gotta love her. Fer 'zample, tonight Mommy's sisters bet her she wouldn't go roll in the snow in her bathin' suit! And she DID! She can't resist dares. Is Mommy crazy or what? The whole family stood in the windows laughin', even her Dad couldn't stop laughin'. It was pretty funny though and I got all excited and starting barkin' real loud and flipping snow all over Mommy, and jumpin' on her and kissin' her. I think she wanted to go back inside but she couldn't get me off her. I decided it had gone far 'nuff when she started screamin' somethin' bout hippotomus-ermia, or some disease you get from the cold, or somethin'. Don't worry, crazy Mommy is okay now. Well she says it's time for bed, just in case it ISN'T a snow day... it definitely is gonna be one though, the day's gonna be snowy. Can't wait to play in it! Wahoo!!! Seeya later everyone!
Slobbery Kisses,
Daisy

[This message has been edited by Daisy's Mom (edited February 05, 2001).]

AdoreMyDogs
02-09-2001, 10:37 AM
Hey everyone,

This is Graham and I need you to do me a favor and wish me luck. Today is my "test day" at the new agility schooool and I REEEEEEEELY want to do agility so I hope and hope and hope some more that this schooool is a good one! When mom called to get directions on how to get there and confirm that they don't punish doggie kids by yelling at or hitting they said, "well we do use a correction with a empty plastic pop bottle when dogs show aggression". Mom asked what they meant by that and so the teecher said she'd show mom today (using herself and not a doggie) so mom could see what they meant by using an empty plastic pop bottle. Mom told me not to get too excited about going to agility cause it's hard finding a place that does not use physical pain to correct us pooches. Mom does not like that. And I don't like that, but I do like agility alot! Well anyway, I need you to wish me luck on tonight.

By the way, has anyone heard of using an empty plastic pop bottle as a correction? Mom really does not know what they meant by that and she is think the only way you could use an empty pop bottle for correction is to hit a dog with it...could there be another way to use an empty plastic pop bottle? Mom said that I already have fears of things that she would never imagine using on a dog (quick hand movements, newspapers) and she is not about to introduce more fear (fear of pop bottles) into my doggie brain.

Thanks everyone.

Your friend, Graham.

lhg0962
02-09-2001, 10:56 AM
Hi Graham. Honey here. I start my agility training too, on Monday. My mom is much more excited than I am because I get quite nervous. But, we're going to work with a trainer all by ourselves. Maybe that will help me to be less nervous.
Do you think they might use that plastic bottle to make a noise to get your attention or in case one of the other dogs starts acting like it will bite someone? Since the lady told your mom it was for "aggression", I don't think they will use it as a correction tool. I really don't know, but I can't imagine that they would hit you with it. I sure hope not. My mom will find out some more details when we go to our training class on Monday. Maybe the lady there will have some ideas. I know that when I did obedience at this school before, they never yelled or hit any dog. They did have a zapper for emergencies, in case a dog attacked another dog or a person, but they said they had never had to use it. Whew. I was sure glad to hear that.
Good luck tonight. I want to hear all about it so I can be prepared for Monday. http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif
Bye, Graham.
Love, Honey

[This message has been edited by lhg0962 (edited February 09, 2001).]

tatsxxx11
02-09-2001, 11:02 AM
Hi Graham!! Your pal Star here. Well, I sure am glad you're gonna get another chance at agility class. This one sure sounds better than the mean and nasty skool where they hurt us. *ouch* You sure have a good mom who loves you lots like mine does. I guess if one a us gets grrrrrrrish in class we do have to be told that's not good. All my teachers all say knowing a good *come* then *sit* is the best way to always keep us under control when we're rowdy. Most doggies who are too grrrrrrish in my classes usually are kindly asked to try an obedience class where the grrrrrish doggies can get to learn to get along good before we do stuff like agility since mosta us guys don't wear our neck ties and ropes in class an are runnin around loose. Most a the klasses round her make us show pruf of advanced obedience (2nd grade) before we can do agility, just to make sure the doggies are all social like and kan behave without their ropes and stuff on. If your new class does use an empty plastic bottle to make doggies behave my mom says they might be usin the ole loose change in the soda can which makes me *****cringe****** when you shake it. Mosta us doggies don't like the noise and ususally stop whatever we're doing FAST!! Kinda still learnin by fearin, not the best thing to my way a thinkin, but better than yellin or hittin, or "no" all the time. Mom says that's allshe can think of. Don't know if the bottle would do the same kinda thing as a can though. Mom asked me why the lady teacher didn't tell your mom what it was for??? Kinda made her nervis when I told her. Me and mom agree. Puttin anymore negitive thingys in are brain is not so good. 'Specially in a klass that's suppose to be fun and for learning. I hope the klass is a nice and kind place where you will have fun with lots a nice doggies and hoomins, too. If anyone thinks a hittin ya or yellin....beat paws outta there Graham! I know your mom won't let anything bad happen, so don't worry, OK? Me and Cody wish you lotsa lotsa luck and hope you have lotsa fun. Please write me back and give me the scoop, OK? Keepin my paws crossed. Love, Star

Daisy's Mom
02-09-2001, 10:41 PM
Daisy here. Good luck in your agility, Graham. I hope your new place is better than Kibbles and Bits, if that's possible. Star, you mentioned the BAD thing! The penny bottle! It makes me cringe too. Mommy used it on me when I was a baby 'cause I was a little... what's that saying Mommy uses? Strong willed? Well let me tell you, the bottle works JUST as well as a can. That noise got me to stop ANYTHIN' I was doin'. Hopefully that's all yer class uses them bottles for, Graham. But the lady said empty? Empty bottles... hmm... only use I can see for empty bottles is playin', I used to spend hours gnawin' on plastic bottles till I started shreddin' 'em and leavin' 'em all over the house. Well good luck again. Now, have any of you Eastern doggies got lots of new snow? We did on Tuesday! Mommy even got to stay home and play with me (she explained to me that a snow day is a day that school gets cancelled 'cause of lots of snow! I like snow days!) Snow os so much fun. But I have been reading what Mommy wrote in other posts about havin' to save me from the deep snow... well she kinda exaggerated that! I was not STUCK... I was... I was pretendin' to be stuck. Yah, that's it! Ha, Mommy fell for that one! She had to come running and grab me out of that deep snow, and then she carried me inside and wrapped me in lots of blankets and gave me kisses, and then she sent her sisters out to shovel me a path. But I was fakin' it the whole time, see. Super Daisy Dog, get stuck in the snow? Ha! I think not. Yah I'm short but there's a lot of power packed into these teeny legs! Well I'm gonna go bark at nothing and wake up the family. Seeya all later!
Woofs,
Daisy

lhg0962
02-10-2001, 12:11 AM
Hey everybody. It's Honey, again.
Did you guys hear what I did yesterday??? I protected my mom and caught a snake in the backyard. I brought it to her, dead, and dangling out of both sides of my mouth. Can you believe she didn't want to kiss me?? She even called me "Snake Lips". I thought I did something great. She let me know real quick that she hates any snake and was very disturbed that one was in our yard. Well, I tried to tell her that I caught it just for her.
Oh well, I'd better get back to sleep, so I can watch out for more wildlife in our yard tomorrow.
Love,
Honey

RachelJ
02-10-2001, 08:05 AM
Hey, it's me, Hannah, and like our friend Cinder would say, you are some NawteeDawgs. Mom loves it when Cinder says that. She always says, Look Hannah, Cinder really knows you...NawteeDawg! All right, already.

Daisy, you are a stitch, really got your mom under your paw. I never knew any Bassett Hounds before I met you. I always thought they just laid around and didn't do much. Guess I was wrong. You are a fun girl if there ever was one and I like your attitude.
Plus I think there is one other way we are alike! Mom was pulling her hair out trying to find a winter sweater or coat that would fit me. I am definitely not an "off the rack" girl either. I've had to try on so many outfits and none of them worked, so I was stuck with my hand-me-down sweater which is so ratty looking, it's not fitting for a beauty like me to been seen in it. Mom wants to find someone who knits so she can show them that sweater and see if they can make a new one like it.

And Snake Lips, I mean Honey, you are one brave girl capturing a snake. I'd just be barking and barking and barking and barking and barking at it until it went deaf. I think that it is really a awesome thing that you did. Don't know about your mom, sounds like she might not be as preciative as she should be of such a great and brave deed you did for her.

Well, I got to run, there is more snow on the ground today, Yay! I can't wait to get outside to play. Yesterday all there was was soggy grass.

AdoreMyDogs
02-10-2001, 09:41 AM
G'morning everyone!

Graham here again. First of all, I would like to say WOW to honey! I see snakes all the time when mom and grandma take me on vacation (girls week out, no boys except for me of course) and I never know what to do with them! They look like a moving leash to me and they kinda skare me a little. Mom and grandma named 2 resident snakes that hung out by the outhouse "Skinny and Slick" and those dudes skared me when they moved! Mom likes snakes, and she picked them up sometimes and showed them to me and I just backed up.I thought she was pickin up my leash at first but then the leashed moved on it's own........I don't know about those snake things. I think you are much more brave then me to clobber one!

As for schooool. Well last nite was my test day and I liked it ok and they were alot nicer. It was slower and quieter and I got to go drivin for a LONG time cause it's far away but that's fine by me, I LOVE to be drivin! When mother nature makes nice weather they take all the obsticles outside so that's nice. Mom's gonna start me there in March when the next class starts she thinks. They asked her to take me back there next week just to make sure she likes it.

As for the empty plastic pop bottle. Well, the teechers told mom that they hardly ever have to use it on dogs, only when doggies are being REEL mean to their moms or dads (dominance problems) or to other people or dogs. They boinked mom on the head with the little empty plastic pop bottle and said, "boink" when they did it. Mom said it did not even hurt one bit. Teecher said they only use it in extreme cases and it works. Dogs stop the bad, mean stuff and then the teeechers let the doggie play with the pop bottle at the end of the class so they don't get afraid of pop bottles. If doggies keep being mean then they are asked to leave the class for good til they have had somemore training. For sure the pop bottle did not hurt, it made a noise that might skare doggies but it did not hurt. They said the last time they used it on a doggie was about 6 months ago cause that doggie kept biting its mamma. they had that dogs mamma "boink" her doggie and that doggie never did any more grrrrrrs in class. then they let the doggie play with the pop bottle after class. That sounds ok I guess.

Well I think I babbled on enuf for today.

Bye.

tatsxxx11
02-10-2001, 02:39 PM
Hi guys (and girls!) Star here. Boy, you kids sure been busy!! Me and Cody been sick since last nite with the runnies ALL nite long from eatin sumthin??! We're feeling kinda poopy http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif and mom's got us on rice and boiled bird. Hi Graham!! Gotta say I'm soooo relieved that the class was kinda nice and you have somewhere to play agiility! I guess a boink in drastic times isn't so bad. And Honey!! Boy, what a neat thing you did! I'm always clearing the grounds a varmints for my mom though sometimes she acts like ICK! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif when I do. Well someone's gotta do it and keep our moms and dads safe! You were soooo brave Honey. I think you're a reeeeel hero! Did you all hear what Daisy's been up to?? Her eyeballs in snow!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif What a pup! Sometimes I think our hoomins underestimate us! I always knew you bassetts had it in ya! Mush you husky! All our snow melted away to squishy grass. Today my mom says it's reeel warm for snow season and I'm tryin to play a little between poops and pukes. Hannah, hold out for the good stuff. I always thought you were a fashion diva. And a girl as pretty as yourself (and me) shouldn't be seen in anything but our finest. Well, I think I better go visit the batroom...natures calling, again. Hope to be back in shape for fun and games tomorrow. Let's keep in touch pals. Love, Star

02-10-2001, 07:45 PM
OnYa, Honey! That's 'Strailun for Good Job! I gots sum snakies that live unner the Dumpster Bucket outside the shop, but they skare me like they do Daisey. Wunst a lil' biddy shortee snakey crawled inna our Shop one nite and I knowed sumthin' was wrong as soon as Dad lemmie inta the Shop next morning. I wus Grrrrrin' and Growlin' and Pawin' for hours that day unner the 'puter and behint the file cabnets; made Dad so mad he made me sit inna car to "kool off" for a while. I started rite up again when he lemmie back in, so's he got down on his hand-paws an kneebones and did sum lookin' hisself. Guess what he found unner my 'puter rug? Yep - that darn lil' snakey http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/eek.gif wus hidin unner there! I told Dad ta *flush* the critter, but Dad put him back unner the Dumper so's the Momma snakey wunt worry.

Graham ~ Great news that you're goin' back to 'gility classes. Dad wus thinkin' about me doing that, but I'd haveta get my rowdy butt thru the Second Grade of 'bedeeance skool 'fore I could try out. That might be tuff for me http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/wink.gif.

Glad I wear a heavy natural coat 'cause Dad's always lookin at sweaters an' coats like your Mom does, Hannah. I'd do a meltdown iffin he putted one on me, but the SmokeMutt better stop shiverin' when it gets nippy outside or he's gonna wind up with a sissy-coat. What a hoot - my liddel brudder, the Whimp! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

Let's all wish the The *Star* and the Cody Kid a fast recovery from their case of the *yucks*. The only good thing about bein' sick is they get to munch on roasted bird - that's good grub.

Keep yer Tails a-waggin! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

------------------
/s/ Cinder & Smokey
the Rescued & Adopted
FurKids of *Phred*

RachelJ
02-10-2001, 09:02 PM
Hannah here, Cin you breaking me up http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif I'm rolling on the floor. I have an actual picture of my squirt (don't ask why I call him that) brudder in a sissy coat....
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=167892&a=1653128&p=15711550

02-11-2001, 06:45 PM
Hey, Tucker Guy ~ SmudgePot here ('ats whudda Kat calls me, heeheeehe http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif ); OK, it's reelee me, Smokey the Kid ~

I don't care what Cinders an Dad sez - I think yer kote looks *Kool* - I think I wunna get wun too! An' maybe I can have wunna Dad's neck choker thingies that he's got hangin' inna klozet and never puts around his neckbone. There's sum reely *Dorky* lookin' wunz that would be the Katz Butt on me wiffa Kool Kote. I wunner iffin I could finda hat ta go tween my liddel earbones, too? Wisht Idda nowed about this when we wuz inna Pets Plus store this nafternoon - they otta be on sail soon.

Hay Star 'n Cody ~ Howz youse Kids feelin? Cinder and Me's worried since you haven't writed nuffin taday... Tummies any better since you're eetin BigBurd steda Dog Krunch? Hope ya dint *gurk-an-yurk* or have runnies inna house any more. I only did a big *poopie* inna house wunst; but that was when I wuz plugged up fromma rear end modifakations, so's they said I hadda 'skuse. 'fore Cinners an Dad said I hadda go onna outie ta do that stuff.

Gotta go; Dad wuntz ta nest inna boobtube kliner an' look atta inside of his eyeballs.
Cinder sez Hi, Everbudie http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/smile.gif /s/ Smokey http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif

02-11-2001, 06:51 PM
Nutz! I yapped too much and made it page 2 ~

Hey Tucker!! Get yer Mom ta post yor Kool Kote Piksure again so's it on this page.

Hey *Star*Burst* you Guys are on Page Too now!

------------------
/s/ Cinder & Smokey
the Rescued & Adopted
FurKids of *Phred*

tatsxxx11
02-11-2001, 07:37 PM
Hey Cind, Smokeeeeeeeeeeeey my most bestest pals!! It's Star, "I'm not bursting anymore" the lab! Geeez guys, can't tell yuz how touched me and the Codster is for yer kinds words and concerns. Thinks yuz guys bout the only ones willing ta listen to me!! I keep a postin, but sometimes I think ain't too many interested. But yuz two always got a kind word! Well, seems me and the Codster's well on the road to recovery! We made it thru the nite ok-eeee-dok-eeee!! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif Mom slept with us down stairs on the pull out thingy just in case we hadda go out fasssssssssst! She put on the big smokey hole in the wall with fire (yikes!!) cause let me tell ya fans, it was cold! Went from way up on the threm-o-meter to "I could free my little paws off" fast. And Mr. Wind musta been p-o'd cuz he was a blowin hard. But we wuz all warm an toasty and we let Mom sleep till daybreak!! Yeah Mom! Then today, we played all day long, cause wez all back to full speed! Poor Mom froze her little fingers off throwin stuff for us. "Good Mom" "Come Mom" (tee-hee) She watched us reeeel close as we both assumed the C-curve position out inna woods today to make sure wez makin good poopies and wern't no more sick. Kinda embarassin but ya gotta love her! And then we had more boiled buzzard and rice (yum) for din-din and now weez all gettin ready to watch animal planet and take a snooooze! Ain't life great? Well, nuf bout me. (Can't believe I said that) How's yuz guy doin? Did ya get ta the lake yet? Can't wait till the "Kid" takes his first plunge! Gotta take a pic a that one, Cind! Boy, yer story bout the wriggly, hisssssssin thingy neath the 'puter was so cool! What a brave girl! Just like the brave and fearless Honey! And ain't Tucker's coat cool? What a pup. Tho I must say he don't look toooo happy in the chosen attire! Maybe dad should get the Smokster a simple yet elegant wrap for those cold, cold days! Don't want him catchin his death! Am when I get a chance Cind, do I have a word or two for you bout my hellish existence here with the "Aren't I just so perfect and divine, I never do anything wrong" Mr. B the KAT!!!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!! Well, I do love him, but grrrrrrrrrrrrr!! Such a wusss!! But I'll fill ya in on all a grizzly details tomorrow! Pleasure talkin to ya guys. Hey Hannah, Daisy, Tucker, Honey all my friends out there. Hope yer all warm and cozy and lappin up lots a love from yer Moms!! Be good Cind and Smoke. No escapeees, no frettin. Just a good night's snooze. Love ya guys. Thanks for yer kind words again! Love Star and the Codster. (Hey Cind, Cody here...did I tell ya I'm a husky/shep(x)???

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited February 11, 2001).]

RachelJ
02-12-2001, 08:55 AM
Hi all, it's me, Hannah!

Mom's got to use the puter for work so I only got one hot second to write, but Tucker and me just had to tell Star and the Code Meister how much we enjoy your adventures, be them puking or uderwize. Now all you two leggers, don't read on if you are eating breakfast or something. Half the fun of puking is gobbling it back up again. (I did warn them, Mom!!!) Gee, I just got yelled at for saying that! Anyways the C curve at our house is referred to as the Question Mark! But it seems like the both of youzz
is feeling better now so maybe I need to get off this subject. What I started to tell you is that your adventures really are great. It helps me keep up to date on what fun things a dog can do when a dog has a Mom that loves her so much as to make sure that she actually gets to have some interesting activities!!!! PLEASE don't ever stop writing your "Flashes" because I would have no life at all if I didn't get to read about what udder dogs can do. Tucker an me are going to gang up on these two leggers in our house to have a nice long decussion about how things have to change around here and we are going to use all your postings as examples of how things should be, 'cept some parts may be scratched out. (Alright, Mom, I getting off the puter right now.)

tatsxxx11
02-12-2001, 12:10 PM
Hi Tucker and Hannah, Star here. Boy yuz two are some nice doggies. Tho I act kinda bratty sometimes and try to be a big girl, I'm really kinda mushy at heart, and just a little tooooo sensitive! (Ouch!) My says I was actin silly and stop my whinin!! But, my mom was kinda reeeel sad and watery yesterday and I thinks she kinda rubbed off on me! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/frown.gif And a course; nuttin can keep me from openin my big yapper! Plenty a "Flashes" to follow!! Oh, and yes Tucker!! Regurgeeetated yaks are quite tasty! http://PetoftheDay.com/talk/biggrin.gif Definitely we need to set down sum new rules in this here household, for sure. We guys gotta put our heads together and have a storm in our brains and try and get these two-leggers in line!!! Mine are just gettin just a tad too pushy for my likin!! So glad to hear from you guys! And don't foreget; you too Cinder and Smokey buds. Westminster tonite! I'll be watchin wif my pad taking plenty a notes and formalatin my very special Star reporter "point of view" for a post show wrap up. Let's hear what you guys think! Catch you soon. Hi to all you guys out there. Your pals, Star and Cody.

[This message has been edited by tatsxxx11 (edited February 12, 2001).]