PDA

View Full Version : I lurk, but

robinh
08-06-2013, 06:03 AM
I'm not sure why I don't post more. Saw Elyse's note on Facebook and got to thinking about it. Not like I'm shy and don't always have something to say. Weird for me. I do read the posts everyday, just don't respond. Need to do better. Thanks Elyse.

Freedom
08-06-2013, 06:45 AM
Would love to see pics of your pets too Robin! I KNOW you have a bichon, lol, even if others don't.

cloverfdx
08-06-2013, 09:00 AM
Another lurker here.

Alysser
08-06-2013, 09:26 AM
Sometimes you just have more to worry about, don't worry! I've become quite the lurker to, but I do hope the more "permanent" lurkers come back! :) Including both of you!

Catty1
08-06-2013, 09:41 AM
Hello Robin and cloverfdx! How are your critters doing? How are you?

Maybe a sticky thread could be created called Lurkers Anonymous! :p:D

Good to see you!:D:love:

Karen
08-06-2013, 11:45 AM
Awww, if nothing else, you can always post about the day's featured pet, dog and cat to get you back in the habit! Even if you think you have nothing original to add, another voice saying nice things is always much appreciated by the humans!

Pinot's Mom
08-06-2013, 11:59 AM
There's always SOMETHING to comment on!

Karen
08-06-2013, 01:15 PM
Meant to say we are glad to hear from any of you, lurkers or not! ;)

Randi
08-06-2013, 02:22 PM
While I feel it's a shame that so many has "left" PT, I have to admit I've not been very active here myself. I do look at some threads every day and try to post, at least on some of them. I feel bad that sometimes I want to reply to a COTD I especially like, but am too tired and can't think of what to say.

At the moment I'm catsitting every day for just over a month. I visit Borgeoise two to three hours every day, and then I'm helping someone with a book. It's also been extremely hot and humid for a long time, so I don't always sleep well. It should get better later this month, though. :)

Will also try to get some pictures of Borgeoise and tell you about her.

pomtzu
08-06-2013, 02:37 PM
It seems that everyone is guilty of lurking and not posting much anymore. I still say - "blame it on Facebook"!

I don't do FB, but I haven't been as active here as I once was either. Part of that is seeing so many of the "oldies" no longer here, and also of issues in my life and trying to get moved to NC. Hopefully I'll be around more when I get settled after my move, and can relax more without mountains of things that have to be done.

micki76
08-06-2013, 05:41 PM
*waves*

I've been lurking since about 2005 and pop in once a year or so to say something. I read PT almost every day. :)

Karen
08-06-2013, 06:02 PM
I think of you, Micki, whenever someone misspells terrier and makes it closer to terrorist! ;)

chocolatepuppy
08-06-2013, 08:26 PM
Come on lurkers, jump right in and post!:D Maybe a few pics of your pets. ;)

robinh
08-07-2013, 07:52 PM
Sandie - haven't taken many pictures of the pups lately. SO just had knee replacement and life is a little hectic right now. Will try to get some new ones and post soon.

Karen
08-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Aww, hope the knee heals well, tell the SO to follow doctor's orders very carefully! Almost everyone I know who has had a knee replaced has been thrilled six months later, but getting to that point is the trying part!

cloverfdx
08-08-2013, 09:25 AM
I read most days as well.

All the furry ones are quite well, other than little ailments due to getting a bit older (5 senior pets in the household :eek: ). My youngster BC x is 2 next month.

It has been a pretty hectic and heartbreaking 18 months or so here with the loss of 2 very dear friends, both very young, sudden and completely unexpected.

Casper
08-08-2013, 10:28 AM
I, too, really miss a lot of people who used to be more active on PT. I am pretty guilty of not posting as often as I would like. I really should be more active in Cat General... all I ever post on FB is pictures of the cats, and I think they would be much better received here by fellow cat lovers. I know you guys won't call me a crazy cat lady (though I do accept that as a compliment)! :D

Awww, if nothing else, you can always post about the day's featured pet, dog and cat to get you back in the habit! Even if you think you have nothing original to add, another voice saying nice things is always much appreciated by the humans!

I think this is a great idea. I know that when I've had one of mine be DOTD or COTD I was ecstatic to read each and every comment made my others. :) I think I'll challenge myself to start commenting more.

*LabLoverKEB*
08-08-2013, 10:53 AM
Another lurker here! I don't post as much as I used to, and I really need to get back into it! I really love my PT family! :love:

Alysser
08-08-2013, 11:22 AM
So glad to see a lot of you are still alive!

My issue is this dumb summer class keeping me busy as well as just enjoying summer! But I finish it tonight (the class)! ;)

Karen
08-08-2013, 06:46 PM
Woo hoo - to the successful(?) end of your summer class, and having a bit more time to post!

and

I really need to get back into it! I really love my PT family! :love:

And we love you! And miss you!

Roxyluvsme13
08-08-2013, 10:19 PM
I post every once in a while, but I'm always lurking and you can always find me on Facebook. I stay pretty busy with work and trying to take care of all the critters, plus I'm trying to get my photography jumpstarted, so that's something else keeping me busy. I stop by almost every day though, just don't always post!

*LabLoverKEB*
08-09-2013, 10:23 AM
Woo hoo - to the successful(?) end of your summer class, and having a bit more time to post!

and

And we love you! And miss you!

:love: :love: :love: !
PT is such an important part of my life, I've spent many years here. I've grown up on PT!!! This place makes me happy, and I know if I ever feel like I don't belong somewhere, or if I don't have anyone who cares or will listen, I know I'll always have my PT family!

Alysser
08-09-2013, 03:33 PM
:love: :love: :love: !
PT is such an important part of my life, I've spent many years here. I've grown up on PT!!! This place makes me happy, and I know if I ever feel like I don't belong somewhere, or if I don't have anyone who cares or will listen, I know I'll always have my PT family!

I agree 100%! But we'd love to see you more around here ;):p

Glacier
08-09-2013, 11:54 PM
I've been lurking more of late, but I just went on a little posting spree! I'll try to be more consistent!

*LabLoverKEB*
08-10-2013, 10:05 AM
I agree 100%! But we'd love to see you more around here ;):p

Thanks! I'm am going to make a conscious effort to not just lurk, but POST more often!!!

Karen
08-10-2013, 02:05 PM
A good way to think of what to post:

Ask yourself - what's the last thing my dog/cat/bird/pony/snake - whatever critter applies - that made me laugh? Or confused me? Or made me smile!