PDA

View Full Version : What's new at the zoo Thursday # 544.

RICHARD
08-01-2013, 11:41 AM
What about a trip to the zoo this week?

The last time I was near any kind of 'wild' animals was at a petting zoo in CA.

I fell madly in love with a llama there.:)

The DOTD?

Flaming Giraffe
2 oz Kahlua® coffee liqueur
1 oz butterscotch schnapps
1 oz 151 proof rum

Pour kahlua first into a double shot glass. Add one ounce of butterscotch schnapps. Float 151 proof rum on top and set on fire. Blow out before drinking.

And I'll finish with a joke.....

What do you do with an elephant that has three balls on him?

Walk him and pitch to the giraffe?!?

:D

pomtzu
08-01-2013, 01:26 PM
Awww - llamas - I love them. :love: Years ago my now 17 yr old grandson went to a daycare on a farm just up the road, where the owner raised llamas. The kids absolutely loved them - she had a couple of dozen or more. Her sister had a small farm next to hers and she raised show goats - and also Pomeranians and Shih Tzu pups. That's where RB Sparky was born and spent his first couple of months before I claimed him. ;) About once a week, the little kids got to visit up close with the llamas and goats - taught many a love of animals.

That drink sounds good Richard - I'm drinking if anyone will join me. I'm stuck in the house till the water recedes some - knew I should have built that ark!!! :eek:

Karen
08-01-2013, 05:56 PM
Only Richard could work a zoo and baseball into the same joke! Gotta love a llama, too!

I'll have some limeade, thanks!

cassiesmom
08-01-2013, 06:23 PM
This thread reminds me of a Simon and Garfunkel song...

Someone told me it's all happening at the zoo
I do believe it, I do believe it's true
It's a light and tumbled journey from the east side to the park
Just to find a fancy ramble to the zoo
But you can take a crosstown bus if it's raining or it's cold
And the animals will love it if you do
What a gas, you gotta come and see
At the zoo

I'm drinking diet 7Up- would anyone like some with me?

Queen of Poop
08-01-2013, 09:33 PM
I'd join you for a 7Up please. I too love llamas. Today was re-opening day for our zoo here in Calgary following the floods. They're only partially open due to flood damage and a bunch do animals have been rehomed to other zoos. But they are open. A toast to all the hard working folks doing flood cleanup!

RICHARD
08-02-2013, 11:19 AM
Awww - llamas - I love them. :love: Years ago my now 17 yr old grandson went to a daycare on a farm just up the road, where the owner raised llamas. The kids absolutely loved them - she had a couple of dozen or more. Her sister had a small farm next to hers and she raised show goats - and also Pomeranians and Shih Tzu pups. That's where RB Sparky was born and spent his first couple of months before I claimed him. ;) About once a week, the little kids got to visit up close with the llamas and goats - taught many a love of animals.

That drink sounds good Richard - I'm drinking if anyone will join me. I'm stuck in the house till the water recedes some - knew I should have built that ark!!! :eek:

That is not the same llama I fell for in CA....but I love that pic.....

I also am going to go see the otters too.

One Giraffe and an ark.....remember you have to fill it with animals!

Done!

Karen,

That is one of my favorite baseball/animal jokes of all time.

We went to a minor league game on Wednesday and I got to shake the hand of the mascot, Buddy the Bat!
That was FUN!

One Limeade?
DONE!

CM,
Are we dating ourselves when we remember S&G?

One Diet 7-up!

DONE!

QoP.
Aw, I hope they get the zoo back in order soon! I hope all the animals are A-OK!

One Diet?

DONE!

Karen
08-02-2013, 05:02 PM
This afternoon I chopped up some tomatoes, shallots, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil (and olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some soy sauce), and set it to marinate for a salad tomorrow. But I want to eat it now!

RICHARD
08-02-2013, 06:27 PM
This afternoon I chopped up some tomatoes, shallots, fresh mozzarella and fresh basil (and olive oil, balsamic vinegar and some soy sauce), and set it to marinate for a salad tomorrow. But I want to eat it now!

That sounds really good.

Can I sub some red wine vinegar for the balsamic?

-------------------

I'll make some bread. A good crusty bread to mop up the plate with!:D

Karen
08-04-2013, 01:38 AM
That sounds really good.

Can I sub some red wine vinegar for the balsamic?

-------------------

I'll make some bread. A good crusty bread to mop up the plate with!:D

Sure - and the good crusty bread will be perfect for the leftover liquids! ;) I just had balsamic on hand, more interesting than the cider vinegar in the cupboard!

Karen
08-05-2013, 01:47 PM
What no one at zoos ever mention, by the way, is as lovely as giraffes are - they drool!

RICHARD
08-05-2013, 05:26 PM
Sure - and the good crusty bread will be perfect for the leftover liquids! ;) I just had balsamic on hand, more interesting than the cider vinegar in the cupboard!

I first had a Marsala chicken dish and that was my first intro to balsamic.

------------------

I didn't know giraffes drooled, but think about having to keep enough saliva to help the food go down!

WOW!

Karen
08-05-2013, 08:48 PM
Balsamic vinegar can be excellent, it can be expensive or cheap - it's one of those things that depends on how much you want to pay! I but a small bottle, as a little goes a long way!

Pinot's Mom
08-06-2013, 11:54 AM

Could I have some tomatoes, please? Ours did NOT do well this year. :( I always look forward to them and we didn't have a one.

Sauvignon Blanc too, please! It's nearing the end of that season, too, it's my summer wine.

Karen
08-06-2013, 01:37 PM
Could I have some tomatoes, please? Ours did NOT do well this year. :( I always look forward to them and we didn't have a one.

Sauvignon Blanc too, please! It's nearing the end of that season, too, it's my summer wine.

Absolutely - good produce markets near me, so I have enough tomatoes to share! ;)

RICHARD
08-07-2013, 09:33 PM
Crazy weather, It's barely august and it seems like fall already...

Pink Squirrels for everyone!

Ingredients:
•3/4 oz creme de noyaux
•3/4 oz white creme de cacao
•1 1/2 oz heavy cream
Preparation:
1.Pour the ingredients into a cocktail shaker filled with ice.
2.Shake well.
3.Strain into a chilled cocktail glass.

DONE!