PDA

View Full Version : Pinot's dream came true!

Pinot's Mom
07-31-2013, 10:07 PM
What do kitties dream about? BIRDIES!

Well, Pinot loves her BIRDIES, and this has been well documented on PT. Tonight her daddy came home from darts (about 20 minutes ago) - and surprise! A bird flew in with him. Oy! She thought she was in kitty heaven!

After several frantic minutes (and the poor bird beating itself against windows and walls), birdie got out and Pinot went about her regularly scheduled program, so to speak. My husband could NOT stop laughing. I did not find it entirely amusing (maybe because I was holding Pinot)....

Bengalz
07-31-2013, 10:41 PM
I am so laughing out loud:D:D:D:D (my apologies:rolleyes:) but I know just what you mean!!! Evie sneaks "presents" in sometimes just so she can play with them:p and the catch and release of the present is major frenzy:eek: for her daddy and I. Eve, meanwhile is having the best time ... all ears, all eyes and swishy tail! When all is said and done, she has a nap - never happened Mom:rolleyes:;).

Pinot - sweetheart - you had a good day!!!

cassiesmom
07-31-2013, 11:26 PM
Wow, Pinot! I bet you were waiting for meowmie to put you down so you could have fun with the BIRDIE!

catmandu
08-01-2013, 09:14 AM
I have seen mechanical bird toys , I bet that Pinot would love that.:love::love::love:

Randi
08-01-2013, 09:51 AM
Pinot, I bet you won't forgive your mom any time soon for holding you back, but I'm glad the bird got out alive - and after all, you had a bit of exitement from your daily routine. :)

Pinot's Mom
08-01-2013, 12:11 PM
In retrospect, it really was quite hysterical; my husband grabbed (out of the garage, I think, but I had NO idea we had one!) a fishing net with a long handle, he's running around with that, the bird is everywhere, I've got Pinot pinned to the chair trying to keep her calm (rather successful once I finally got her there after running around quite a bit) and I kept saying to Coop - "Open the door and let the bird out! Open the door and let the bird out!" Really good You Tube material I'll bet. ;)

Karen
08-01-2013, 12:11 PM
How thrilled she must have been! I am sure she will mark this day on her calendar and remember it forever! (As will you!)

pomtzu
08-01-2013, 03:15 PM
Aawww - sounds like you had a little excitement - right Pinot? :D Thankfully it wasn't a bat - we've had close calls with them a couple of times almost getting in the house. Myndi said to tell Pinot she's glad it wasn't one of those BIG birds (parrot) that she encountered and freaked when it "meow'ed" at her. :p

Asiel
08-01-2013, 07:25 PM
I know it mustn't have seemed funny to you but from where I'm sitting I was laughing so hard I had tears rolling down my cheeks---the mental image of Pinot's dream come true was too funny.

dehlers43
08-02-2013, 12:45 PM
Too bad there is no video...:)

krazyaboutkatz
08-03-2013, 06:35 PM
Too bad there is no video...:)

I agree.:) Too much excitement all at once.;)

Barbara
08-19-2013, 01:49 PM
There is a little horror story for you-but Pinot will love it: I was sitting at breakfast with the balcony door open as it was lovely weather. Downstairs, there is Christine living with 4 kitties and 2 rabbits and the fishies. She has the garden fenced in in a catsafe way. And I hear her shouting at big Carlo: "Leave that birdie alone!!!!!!! Leave that poor birdie alone!!!!!!!" I am not going to look what happens downstairs... And like ten seconds later she says: "now you will have to eat it!"
I talked to her later and she said the bird was already dead when she spotted it :( ( But the text was still fun)

Freedom
08-19-2013, 02:55 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread!

Pinot, what an adventure! I'm sure you still remember that time fondly!

momoffuzzyfaces
08-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Dear Pinot, my cats are SO jealous!!! They have never seen a birdie up close and personal. :love:

mrspunkysmom
08-19-2013, 05:11 PM
Dear Pinot,

Your purrents protected the little birdie. Sadly Emily was faster than mom was last year. That bird was history when it flew through mom's door.

Spunky