PDA

View Full Version : It's not what you think Thursday #543.

RICHARD
07-25-2013, 10:50 AM
We haven't had a chance to make a litter box cake in a while........

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Kitty-Litter-Cake/

And to go with it?

Toilet Water.;):D

1 oz vodka

Two ounces 7-up

One ounce orange juice.

And a tootsie roll as a garnish.

(I was reading a story about the NASCAR race in Eldora and the writer mentioned this drink.....I laughed.)

And as a tip-of-the-hat to Gini?

Add a little blue curacao to make it Tidy-Bowl blue?

DONE!!!!!

Karen
07-25-2013, 03:10 PM
It is gross-out week at Thursdays? ;)

I'll stick to my iced tea, thanks! And tomatoes - local ones are just in season, tomato-mozarella salad anyone?

pomtzu
07-26-2013, 06:21 AM
Thanks for posting this, Richard. I was trying to think of something "different" to do for my niece's birthday (old like me/not a kid), and since her sense of humor runs along the same lines as mine, then this is the perfect cake and drink. :p:D

RICHARD
07-26-2013, 09:02 AM
It is gross-out week at Thursdays? ;)

I'll stick to my iced tea, thanks! And tomatoes - local ones are just in season, tomato-mozarella salad anyone?

Can we add a chicken breast and make it a Caprese salad?
Done!

Pom,

I have always loved the C.L. Cake........It's just so bad that it's good!

Have fun and hoist a drink for me?

DONE!

smokey the elder
07-26-2013, 09:29 AM
One of my coworkers made this years ago for her daughter's 10th (?) birthday! It was a big hit.

phesina
07-26-2013, 09:54 AM
I made the Kitty Litter Cake for my parents' 40th wedding anniversary party, many many years ago. It was a great hit!

RICHARD
07-28-2013, 03:55 PM
LOL, the KLC is kinda gross and it took me a while to get used to digging into it......I think making it is just as much fun as the look on the faces of the people when you start to dig in...

More Toilet Water?

DONE!

pomtzu
07-28-2013, 05:27 PM
I found an even simpler recipe for the KLC than the one linked here. Instead of 2 cake mixes and pudding, it's done with a single brownie mix and sour cream whipped icing. I imagine cream cheese icing would work just fine too. It makes a smaller litter pan's worth :p and feeds fewer people than the more commonly used recipe, and of course still uses the crumbled cookies (and green coloring) and tootsie (poopie) rolls too. :D My granddaughter's 21st birthday is in a few weeks - think I'll try out the brownie KLC on her before I do it for my niece in September. :D

smokey the elder
07-29-2013, 08:39 AM
Man, that just looks NASTY!:D

RICHARD
07-29-2013, 10:40 AM
The reactions to the cake are the best and you always will be reminded about "the time you make the cake that looked like cat ----".

-------

My brother and I laughed about it and my mom was totally disgusted by the whole thing and would not even touch it.

always have a camera handy when you make one!

Pinot's Mom
07-29-2013, 11:40 AM
Sorry - not a fan of gross looking food. At a party yesterday someone plunked down a bucket and shovel (plastic, for kids in a sandbox) with some concoction of cool whip and oreo looking crumbles with gummy worms crawling out of it. I couldn't get past the look.

I'll have the DOTD in TyDBowl blue, please! ;)

Oh! Meant to tell y'all - remember a few weeks ago when I posted the Blue Bayou drink because Richard wanted a blue drink? I had one in Jamaica - they're GOOOD!

RICHARD
08-01-2013, 11:26 AM
Sorry - not a fan of gross looking food. At a party yesterday someone plunked down a bucket and shovel (plastic, for kids in a sandbox) with some concoction of cool whip and oreo looking crumbles with gummy worms crawling out of it. I couldn't get past the look.

I'll have the DOTD in TyDBowl blue, please! ;)

Oh! Meant to tell y'all - remember a few weeks ago when I posted the Blue Bayou drink because Richard wanted a blue drink? I had one in Jamaica - they're GOOOD!
Smurfs invented that blue liquer.....I just know it!

gonna open up the new thread......

Oh, Done?