PDA

View Full Version : HEY! Cataholic...tempt, tempt, tempt!!

mugsy
12-10-2002, 08:30 PM
http://www.petfinder.org/fotos/IN91.1241277.jpg

Samson
Cat
Domestic Long Hair-black and white Mix

Size: Extra Large
Sex: Male
I.D:

Notes: Hi, I'm Samson. They say a picture is worth a thousand words, but as gorgeous as I am in this picture, believe me, I'm THAT much more gorgeous "in person". You have to see me to appreciate how beautiful and silky my coat is from the snowy white to the glossy black -- and the elegance of my long, long white whiskers is not to be believed! The great news is, I'm just a nice a guy as I am great-looking. So please consider coming to meet me as well as all the other wonderful cats at the shelter -- we all want nothing more than to curl up at your feet or by your side for all our days to come! Call 882-4080 for more information, directions, or shelter hours.

This pet is: up to date with routine shots, already house trained, altered

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This pet is eligible for a gift of the first two months of ShelterCare pet insurance paid for by Petfinder.com [Click] E-mail this pet to a friend!

Southside Animal Shelter
Indianapolis, IN
317-882-4080

Vermontcat
12-10-2002, 09:08 PM
Hey Mugsy, if you want Cataholic to take him, he needs a state name .:)

I have to admit the name Samson goes very well with my cat Samantha's name.
How large is extra-large anyway?(you know Cataholic is going to try to send him my way anyhow);)

mugsy
12-10-2002, 09:14 PM
I have no clue, but, I could call Rosie (or you could if you were interested...I think her number is on that info) and ask if you wanted me to.

And PLEASE....I do not know very many darn cats that respond to their names anyway!! lol Is the dogness coming out!! lol

Vermontcat
12-11-2002, 07:30 AM
I would be interested but my cat and husband would not. I have already tried to add another cat to the household and it did not go over well with either Samantha or my husband.:(
I guess you better convince Cataholic or maybe Jenluckenbach would take in another since she has an odd number of 13 cats now.;)

12-11-2002, 09:29 AM
Samson , you are right , you ar the most handsome , stunning long-haired B&W I've ever seen !! You will get adopted in no time:) :)

Barbara
12-11-2002, 09:39 AM
Cataholic, instead of just talking about bettering yourself, why not starting here. Is there a US state beginning with "Sams..":confused:

emily_the_spoiled
12-11-2002, 01:18 PM
There may not be a state that starts with "sam" but there is an American territory Samoa. So that is a possibility for Cataholic :) :)

ramanth
12-11-2002, 04:15 PM
Originally posted by kimlovescats
Samson is exquisite ... bet he has some Maine Coon in him too! I have a good "online" friend who just lost a cat named Nelson that looked so much like Samson! She is in Michigan though I think. Hmmm...

kimlovescats, if your friend in MI is interested, and depending on where she lives, I'm sure we could somehow arrange a transport. :)

moosmom
12-11-2002, 07:05 PM
I could also help in the tranport. I live in Ecorse which is right outside of Detroit.

He's BEAUTIFUL!!!

Kim,

Let me know if you need help.

mugsy
12-11-2002, 09:07 PM
You know, if that would work out, maybe Liz could bring him up to Fort Wayne and then I could drive up to Michigan (like to your place Kimmy or Donna) and then you guys could take it from there.

shais_mom
12-12-2002, 02:24 AM
IN to MI is kinda outta my way but it would be on the way to Johanna!!! ;)
But whoever gives this cat a loving home, its for the best!!!
I just wanted to say he is GORGEOUS!!

ramanth
12-12-2002, 09:16 AM
Is something wrong? kimlovescats post dissapeared... :confused:

Can you tell us where in MI your friend is from?

smokey the elder
12-12-2002, 09:58 AM
What a handsome shaggy boy!

Cataholic
12-12-2002, 12:57 PM
Sheesh, turn my back for one moment, and I 'adopt' another cat...good thing I came back to defend myself, and point out, again, that VermontCat needs/wants/ and has privately conveyed to me that she must have another cat (LOL- jk.)

I also wondered how large large is....What is going on with Kimlovescats? The feral one? (Not Kim, her cat).

And, Mugsy, cats DO know/respond to their name, when they want to. It is all about tone....

And Shaismom- I would gladly drive to help...and the next time you volunteer me...be warned, I will be sending some 'presents' up to you...he he he........heheheheheheheh....presents from my cats, that is!

Vermontcat
12-12-2002, 03:30 PM
Ok, Mugsy and everyone else go look at what Cataholic posted in Cat General under Jen's thread about having all 13 cats in one room at the same time. As I recall, Cataholic said she would love to have that many cats! So I think we should each find a tux kitty to send to Cataholic for Christmas and then she may catch up to Jen.;) :p

jenluckenbach
12-12-2002, 06:08 PM
I am sure I can find a Tux kitty to send to Johanna. As a matter of fact I think I'll start looking right now.

mugsy
12-12-2002, 06:09 PM
Hon, all you have to do is go to www.petrefuge.com and you'll find all kinds of Tux cats!! lol Jo would be deluged with cats!! lol

jenluckenbach
12-12-2002, 06:17 PM
Here's one:
http://www.petfinder-network.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=1114955&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=3df925b2078054c1-app2&display=&preview=1&row=25

jenluckenbach
12-12-2002, 06:23 PM
here's one from her home town. She can just go pick it up herself. Save us all a trip. Hee Hee
http://www.petfinder.org/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=597338&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=3df92810423c8e88-app1&display=&preview=1&row=0

shais_mom
12-12-2002, 07:37 PM
And Shaismom- I would gladly drive to help...and the next time you volunteer me...be warned, I will be sending some 'presents' up to you...he he he........heheheheheheheh....presents from my cats, that is! [/B]

woopsie~! Sorry :( did I say that outloud~~
Johanna, I would never volunteer you!! :( :)

Vermontcat
12-12-2002, 08:19 PM
Good work Jen! Since you found two of them can I offer her one of them as my present to her? Mugsy already found Samson as her gift, anyone else find a tux cat for Cataholic?;)

jenluckenbach
12-13-2002, 05:18 AM
And, as long as Johanna is not here defending herself.......let me introduce California, Colorado and Connecticut found at the shelter where I just got Jim and Kim:

http://www.petfinder-network.com/pet.cgi?action=2&pet=926892&adTarget=468petsgeneral&SessionID=3df9c12153dcc4a6-app3&display=&preview=1&row=25

Cataholic
12-13-2002, 11:41 AM
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!!!!!! I have just been informed that I am not allowed to have any more cats!!!!!!!! Minnie says not until she comes out of hiding a little bit!!!!!!!!!

Cincy'sMom
12-13-2002, 04:29 PM
Are you sure? cause I found some here I can bring you...just say the word in a 3 short hour drive...

http://www.plannedpethood.org/Cat%20Page/Mallory2.JPG

http://www.plannedpethood.org/Cat%20Page/CosmoCynthia.jpg

http://www.plannedpethood.org/Cat%20Page/Domino.jpg

Uabassoon
12-13-2002, 04:35 PM
STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!!!!!!! I have just been informed that I am not allowed to have any more cats!!!!!!!! Minnie says not until she comes out of hiding a little bit!!!!!!!!!

What do you mean no more cats? I thought the reason you named them all after states was because your goal was to have 50 cats.

jenluckenbach
12-13-2002, 05:01 PM
Originally posted by Cataholic

Minnie doesn't get to vote. You can't vote from under the bed.....it's a law in your state (you should have known that)
Take this one:
http://www.plannedpethood.org/Cat%20Page/Mallory2.JPG

Uabassoon
12-13-2002, 05:44 PM
Jen that's my favorite too. I think she wants to be named Utah.

rosethecopycat
12-18-2002, 10:58 AM
Oh, just look at the face on him/her.

That's a good one. I can see it in the eyes. He's/She's not happy where he's at, and that chin make him look a little pouty. How cute.

Somebody go get him.

That one would be a lover.
;)

Cataholic
12-18-2002, 12:45 PM
OMG! I think I want that one...seriously. Something about the look in his eyes...

Vermontcat
12-18-2002, 04:24 PM
OMG! I think I want that one...seriously. Something about the look in his eyes...

Did you hear that everyone? It's working! She's weakening...;) :p

Cataholic
12-18-2002, 04:47 PM
I pm'd Cincy's mom. It seems as if this kitty needs to go with another kitty...a mom/son pair, and I think these two kitties 'might' be a little too unsocial for the rest of my house. I am also thinking of adopting a dog (don't tell Lillycat!!!), and I might need to slow down the adoption process right now. I haven't made my mind up firmly about any/all situations, and I know I have room in my heart and home for some more rescues. So, let's see what happens....k?

kimlovescats
12-18-2002, 09:44 PM
snicker, snicker .... cataholic!!!!:D

jenluckenbach
12-19-2002, 04:44 AM
She feels the pressure!!!! But if you get a dog, it will have to be a Boston terrier or something, can't have it clashing with the tuxies!

shais_mom
12-19-2002, 01:49 PM
OMG! I think I want that one...seriously. Something about the
look in his eyes...

you mean that ticked off look!! :D:D
Johanna if you can open your heart and home to another animal I applaud you with all my heart!
whatta woman!!

Cincy'sMom
12-19-2002, 08:09 PM
Originally posted by jenluckenbach
She feels the pressure!!!! But if you get a dog, it will have to be a Boston terrier or something, can't have it clashing with the tuxies!

Or a lab mix, like my tux puppies!!!

kimlovescats
12-19-2002, 09:03 PM
I LOVE your tux puppies!!!!

:)

Cataholic
12-20-2002, 09:51 AM
Well, I am most interested in a rottie...one young enough to be socialized...so, 6 months, is kinda the max. I want a 'big' dog...like a comodor, or a newfie...but, I just don't have the space..so, I am going to settle on a medium big dog...like a rottie...I am looking, slowly.

Vermontcat
12-20-2002, 07:18 PM
Don't forget the other black and white dog breeds like Border Collies, Huskies and Springer or Cocker Spaniels!;)
Good luck in your search for the perfect new pet whether it is a dog or a cat, we already know you are a great cat mom and that any pet you adopt is very lucky.:)

Cataholic
12-21-2002, 07:54 PM
Thank you Vermontcat, that was very sweet of you to say that.;)

Vermontcat
12-22-2002, 04:28 PM
What can I say, Christmas is coming...;)
Although I must admit you are fun to tease but you tease right back too.:p
Besides I can't wait to see what you decide on.:)

wayne0214
12-29-2002, 04:48 AM
Name him Kansas!

......wayne

NoahsMommy
12-31-2002, 12:10 PM
Those tuxies are gorgeous! Thank goodness we've reached our limit!!! :)

Johanna! A rotty! That is wonderful! If you happen to near CA any time soon, we have a ton of them at our shelter. :(

Cataholic
12-31-2002, 05:35 PM
Well, I have re-thunk the dog/puppy issue, and called off the rottie rescue home visit. I think I should wait to acclimate Minnie better, and see what happens with Tex and his thyroid..you know, stress is not good for either of those things...I will keep you posted!

shais_mom
12-31-2002, 11:36 PM
Whatever is best for you and your furbies will support, Johanna!!
You never know what comes in the new year!! Maybe a dog, maybe another kitty.
Whichever will have the bestest home with you and your family!!!
Happy New Year!

jenluckenbach
01-01-2003, 05:48 AM
well we can always find her a nice black and white mouse friend!!!