PDA

View Full Version : Hospital: Singer Randy Travis sedated, remains in critical condition following surgery Hopeful update #5

Catty1
07-13-2013, 11:17 AM
Randy Travis was admitted to hospital last week suffering from congestive heart failure or a type of cardiomyopathy. He suffered a stroke several days later and had surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. He's cleaned up his act in the last few months; I hope he makes it through. :love:

http://ca.omg.yahoo.com/news/hospital-singer-randy-travis-sedated-remains-critical-condition-230319198.html

phesina
07-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Prayers and healing energies are being sent for you, Randy.

:love::love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

Karen
07-13-2013, 07:29 PM
Prayers sent his way. It is sad, but likely a result of the wear and tear he put on his body in his younger days. Our prayers are with him, and all his loved ones.

Scooter's Mom
07-13-2013, 08:11 PM
I have always loved Randy Travis. I have been praying for him since I heard the news of his condition.
His song, "Three Wooden Crosses" is among my favorites.

Catty1
07-15-2013, 10:30 PM
http://ca.news.yahoo.com/country-singer-randy-travis-faces-long-recovery-stroke-021151695.html;_ylt=Aq6EMIoHCcUhnEwhIBKJ.DU6ssB_;_ ylu=X3oDMTRxczdtaGcxBGNjb2RlA3ZzaGFyZWFnMnVwcmVzdA RtaXQDTmV3cyBmb3IgeW91IGNoYXNlIHRlc3QEcGtnAzE2YWVh NzUyLTEwNDAtMzljNy04YmY4LWVlYWNmZDA2NTI2NARwb3MDMQ RzZWMDbmV3c19mb3JfeW91BHZlcgMzOWI3OTJiMC1lZGJkLTEx ZTItYjdmYi0wMzIwYzY0ODdkMDI-;_ylg=X3oDMTBhdnVpNmo3BGxhbmcDZW4tQ0E-;_ylv=3

Excerpt:

By Marice Richter DALLAS (Reuters) - U.S. country music singer Randy Travis' condition has stabilized after emergency surgery last week to relieve pressure on his brain following a stroke, but it may take months for the Grammy winner to recover, doctors said on Monday.
Travis, 54, who was admitted to a hospital north of Dallas on July 7 for a heart condition caused by a virus, suffered a stroke and underwent surgery on Wednesday.
"He is awake and alert and interacting with his family and friends and beginning to start doing some early physical therapy," Dr. Gary Erwin, a pulmonologist at the hospital, said in a video conference for the Dallas-based Baylor Health Care System, where Travis underwent surgery.
Travis' condition is critical but stable.
"We anticipate it will take months to recover from the stroke," Erwin added.

kaycountrygal
07-16-2013, 02:04 AM
I've always thought Randy Travis is a great country singer.... love his deep voice. I have some cassettes of his singing. That's right, cassettes, from the olden days ;). I cant play them in the car anymore because mine has a CD player but I can listen to him in the house. I also pray that he will recover and find peace in his life and have a calm clean healthy rest of his life.