PDA

View Full Version : Lazy kitty

HoRsELUvR
12-10-2002, 04:15 PM
Gosh,cats are so lazy!Middie has been sleeping on the same chair since i left for school this morning and he did the same thing yesterday!he is incredibly ridiculous but i gotta love him.Who else loves having lazy cats?:D

RICHARD
12-10-2002, 04:48 PM
i can tell how lazy my cat is by going over to the bed and
putting my hand in spots to find the warm areas...
the warmer an area is the longer he's been asleep....

neko1
12-10-2002, 05:20 PM
Yeah I always tell them it must be nice to not have to work all day!!

Barbara
12-11-2002, 03:08 AM
We are living in a village near Munich and one Saturday last summer we went to a little town close by. We went at 10 a.m. and saw a cat in the meadow, a black cat sitting there and waiting for mice walking right into her.
We came back around 12. The cat was still there. Same cat same place.
We went again at 2 p.m. The cat was still there. Same cat same place.
We came back at 5 p.m. Guess what? Yes -the cat was there.
We stopped because I was convinced there was something wrong with her. When I approached, she stood up, had a looooong stretch and began to give headbumpies......
We left her because this is a farm area and there are many outside cats that have a job in the farms but this one had her day off .......:)

jenluckenbach
12-11-2002, 04:47 AM
Barbara, that is a great story. I just loved it.

yes, I often go in to work and when I come home the cats are exactly as I left them.

trinity
12-11-2002, 06:43 AM
Last Thursday my husband and I didn't make it to work due to getting much more snow than we were supposed to. We found out exactly what the guys do while we are work and why they have so much energy at the end of the day. Of course part of it was my fault 'cause they looked so comfy I had to keep tucking the throws around them to keep them warm. I wouldn't have wanted to move about either...One of my favorite statements is "In my next life I want to be a pampered house cat!" :D

Barbara
12-11-2002, 06:46 AM
Originally posted by trinity
One of my favorite statements is "In my next life I want to be a pampered house cat!" :D

In my next life I'll be my husband's cat;)

All Creatures Great And Small
12-11-2002, 07:14 AM
I know one thing - having a lazy kitty means you get some really beautiful "sleep" pictures of them! :D Mine is usually hiding somewhere, like under my bed, when he wants to take his loooooooong sleep (the 8 AM to 5 PM one). The catnaps are when he lays on my lap or in one of his window shelves. He's pretty active between about 9 PM and 3 AM, from what I can tell on the rare occasions I've stayed up that late at home. Yeah, it's a tough job being a feline supermodel, but hey, somebody's got to do it, right?.............:p

HoRsELUvR
12-11-2002, 08:56 AM
yea i like getting sleepy pictures of my pets.

RICHARD
12-13-2002, 06:53 PM
usually eddie meets me at the door as i walk up to the front of
the house. Last night nothing....no kitty puss meowing at the screen, no white cat jumping from the darkness to see dad in...
i open the screen, and fumble for the light.......still nothing...
i am at the point where 648 BAD things fly thru your head and you cringe at what you will find when you get the lights on

(I WANT THE CLAPPER FOR XMAS!!!)

the lights go on and there is the cat..

....asleep on the bed......the son-of-gun couldn't be bothered....
i looked at him again and he looked sick.......nope...he shook off the sleepies and then came over to greet me.......it was funny in hindsight but scary that he was so lazy (and too warm) to take a moment for his dad.......

BastetsMum
12-13-2002, 07:53 PM
Bastet is only lazy in winter. And she wants me to be lazy with her! She growls and hisses at me if I have to get out of bed to go to work in winter. But in summer she thunders around the house day and night!

David_M
12-14-2002, 08:06 AM
When went out for the day, we accidently forgot to let Midnight out from my sisters' room. When we got back, she was in the same spot. She must've stretched a few times, but what a lazy kitty!

I_love_cats
12-14-2002, 09:33 PM
All of my three cats are very lazy through the day, they sleep the middle afternoon until they had enough sleep. They are usually awake in the morning. It is know wonder why they meow in the morning is because they sleep all done but my female kitty, doesn't meow. She sleeps at night time when we are trying to sleep.