PDA

View Full Version : Kitten in sewer - UPDATE

hellostranger
12-09-2002, 09:59 PM
Hi everybody,

I wanted to give you an update on the kitten that was living in a storm sewer (see earlier post). As I am typing he is digging a very deep hole in the catbox we set up for him. He had an entire can of cat food for dinner, and so much dry cat food that I finally took the bowl away in case he made himself sick.

The vet said that he is about 5 1/2 months old and now he has been given a blood test, had his first round of shots, been de-wormed and had his ears cleaned. He also had a bath, which he wasn't really thrilled about. Actually I had a bath, too, even though I wasn't trying to. :rolleyes:

He is a very sweet little orange guy with a long fluffy tail. I was expecting a hissing, clawing ball of fury, but this little guy started purring as soon as I took him out of the trap in the vet's office. He was obviously scared, but he started purring and purred all the way home, all through his bath and through most of his dinner. He's pretty friendly and will let you pet him, although occassionally he gets over stimulated and takes a swat at your hand.

I'm going to start home hunting for him tomorrow. Technically, we aren't supposed to have him in the apt because our lease only allows 2 cats, but he's really only a visitor...;)

My own cats are both Very Angry and refuse to let me pet them or even talk to them. If I weren't so tired and stressed with kitten catching and unexpected vet bills it would be kind of funny. Maybe it will be tomorrow....

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply to my original post and THANK YOU for all your suggestions and support. You guys are really great!! (and if you know anybody in the No. Virginia area who wants a little orange cat, send them my way ;) )

Fuzzy317
12-09-2002, 10:04 PM
It is very good of you to take the kitten in, and you deserve a medal for giving the bath :)

Best of luck in finding a home. You may want to contact rescue groups in your area, cause they could search for new homes over an entire city (or more).

NoahsMommy
12-09-2002, 10:08 PM
He sure sounds like a sweet little guy! Its wonderful what you did for him....

sasvermont
12-10-2002, 06:13 AM
Oh my, what a warm heart you have for having taken in such a needy kitty this time of year! I hope you find a wonderful person to take him in forever. You are just so kind for doing what you did......and are doing...... I wish the world was filled with many, many more people like you. You are an angel.

:D

catlady1945
12-10-2002, 07:23 AM
Thank you for helping little kittly. I'm sure you will find a good home.

Barbara
12-10-2002, 07:41 AM
I am glad to hear you could catch kitty. I was thinking of it. Good luck for finding a home!

moosmom
12-10-2002, 08:35 AM
YAY to Hellostranger!! I hope you find him a great home!

mugsy
12-10-2002, 09:43 AM
Congrats and thank you for saving the little guy. Hey Jo...maybe you could relieve her of the little guy so she doesn't get evicted. <hint hint>

Tubby & Peanut's Mom
12-10-2002, 11:07 AM
I'm so happy you got him! You most certainly are an angel, and I wish you the best of luck in finding him a good home. Seems his ship has come in, so I'm sure his luck will keep up and you'll find a loving family for him soon.

Thanks for being such a sweetheart and caring enough to go through all this trouble. :)

tatsxxx11
12-10-2002, 11:13 AM
Thank you so much for giving this little cutie such a wonderful chance at a happy life!:) You are truly an angel!!:) Paws crossed that he finds the perfect forever home very soon!! And welcome to Pet Talk!!:)

ramanth
12-10-2002, 11:56 AM
Thank you so much for rescueing that poor kitten.

I bet he's forever grateful. Good luck in finding a home!

smokey the elder
12-11-2002, 08:19 AM
Thanks a million for rescuing that kitten. With his temperament he should be easy to place. He has two things going for him: orange and long haired. We are always being asked for orange and/or long haired cats!

Cataholic
12-12-2002, 12:59 PM
You are wonderful!!!!!!!! Thanks for taking the time and effort to rescue this little orange guy. I hope you will find a home for him...though I think you should just keep him. He was sent to you...from the cat God...