PDA

View Full Version : My bettas fins are disappearing?

sallyandsnowx
07-03-2013, 02:10 PM
I have had my betta since about January now and I have just noticed his fins are starting to tear and disappear. I do give his tank weekly cleanings as well as the usage of water conditioner. Does anyone know what could be the cause of this?

I did try to google this (I found he has fin rot) but the treatment options were all over. I found just feed him certain food, give him medication, or simply just clean his tank out more frequently. Which would be the best option to proceed with?

Thanks!

Karen
07-03-2013, 02:25 PM
Definitely clean his tank more frequently, and I'd also give him the recommended food.

In act, I would give his tank a more thorough than usual clean, maybe even new gravel, as it is porous, so hard to make sure is absolutely clean!

PJ's Mom
07-03-2013, 05:52 PM
Fin rot is easy to cure. As Karen said, clean the tank more thoroughly and frequently. I preferred using the medication over the food, but I had Oscars, so they were a little more to deal with. For a betta, the food should work fine. :)

sallyandsnowx
07-03-2013, 06:08 PM
Okay, thank you both so much! :)

PJ's Mom
07-03-2013, 10:39 PM
Good luck. :)

chocolatepuppy
07-04-2013, 07:39 AM
Depending on the size of the tank, it may need cleaned more often or more water changes. Try some meds for fin rot. Good luck little fishie.:)